It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Thousands of Brand New Unsold Cars Parked Worldwide to Rot in Car Graveyards

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

These cars are not going to be drivable. Have you ever parked a car for any length of time? Say 3 or 6 months? It will deteriorate, it will rot. The tires will crack, the hoses will crack, fluids will leak. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The cars will be fine if they are properly stored. You are never supposed to park a car for an extended period of time with fluids still in the car. THAT is what will deteriorate the car, not simply parking it. You must drain all fluids, fill up the gas tank or drain the gas tank completely. These fluids is what causes hoses to crack and fluids to leak. The tires, if properly inflated will also not begin to crack or what is known as "dry rot". Moving it from time to time also helps.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As far as the car back up/ surplus WOW! As I read through the thread I started to remember when Chrystler went on strike over wages and health care. Around the same time a bunch of work was outsourced and there was a government bail out. www.washingtonpost.com... < this is about the strike. Perhaps the employees should not have gotten so greedy to begin with. The cost of cars is crazy expensive and all this time I thought it was simply because of the cost of labor and materials. Clearly this overage of stock adds to the expense of cars. It really is beyond logic that they would produce so many extra, they own these factories and machines that make them. They have full control over how many are produced annually, monthly, weekly, daily. It's not rocket science it's simple math. They know exactly how long it takes to make them, ship them etc... there is no reason beyond greed why they would need to produce so many more than were in demand. However as long as the government keeps bailing them out they will continue to produce more than what is in demand. Back to simple math though... a person making $28+ an hour to make a car for someone making $7 an hour (with NO healthcare, severence, retirement, vacation pay) just doesn't work. That $7 an hour employee can't afford to pay that wage when they aren't any where near making it themselves. Thanks for the info OP very interesting

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor
You say that the photograph's in the OP are all rental spaces (at docks) and will be moved within days, show me proof of this, all being at ports awaiting onward shipment.

Ok, ask the major ports your self.

www.portoflosangeles.org...
www.panynj.gov...

One of the main things that I forgot to mention was U.S. Customs. I believe every single car is inspected before being shipped inland... and that can take weeks.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yes, I have often wondered what happened to the left overs. I just assumed they were auctioned off to at least break even or recycled to make new cars. This is INSANE!!! I know tons of people poverty stricken by the crashing economy, loss of pension, and unemployment rates that would kill for a car that is reliable enough to take them job hunting. Why do we not have programs in place by the states to put these cars in the hands of people that need them through some sort of income based leasing program?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Here in the UK most dealers are quoteing 3 to 5 month waiting list for new cars. So not stacking them up here.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
WOW....DO NOT BELIEVE THIS....I happen to work for a chevy dealership and this is the biggest bunch of crap i have ever seen. If, by chance these cars are sitting there they are waiting to get rebadged and sent to dealers. Here in the good old USA the manufactures shove the cars down the dealers throat and the dealer takes the loss at the end of the year. Someone should check the facts before they write such nonsence... AND about the good old goverment buy out... GM needed to declair bankruptcy because it need to restructure the union agreements.... THE GOVERMENT or UNION stepped in and had control over the so called BUY OUT... it was all a politcal play by the unions... so if the public wants to be mad about gm takeing the buy out they sould get the facts strait..

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Boy oh boy doesn't this give you a warm fuzzy feeling about the auto makers bail out. I am so very happy I could contributed to the bail out especially after seeing how judicious they are following consumer trends. Maybe all businesses should follow in their sound business plan.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Goumbadi

ha ha ha ha ha

you think that workers and unions control the flow of production.

the workers and unions don't really care about how much is being produced, they want to be able to feed themselves and their families and live a somewhat comfortable life.

its management that is the problem.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
jalopnik.com... #-1578124255
This is a bogus story. My first thought was that makes absolutely no sense. a few pictures doesn't prove anything, but I forget sometimes that most operate under the assumption that because it's on the Internet, it must be true. I think the reason why you and the people you know are scraping by is because you lack the IQ to get a decent paying job. You sure as hell lack critical thinking skills.

edit on 19-5-2014 by stopbeingnaive because: (no reason given)

Well, I can't get the link to work, so just Google unsold cars.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Capitalism is extremely wasteful, because it depends upon infinite expansion to maintain the greed driving it. What we are seeing in the west is a collapsing market, while the east is ramping up its production. Globalism is the final phase of expansion for capitalism. The US dollar is being replaced as a global currency by a major sector of the global economic structure, which means that Americans will eventually be forced to pay $6.00 to $7.00 dollars a gallon for fuel, like other countries do now. Imagine American college grads applying for engineering and service jobs in China. Finally American kids will learn what its like to be from the other side of the border.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
With all these new cars just sitting there, you would think they would take a deal to get rid of them. Day at +10% above salvage and have one huge demolition derby. It would just as wasteful as them just sitting there. We can donate the gate to a charity like World Wildlife Fund or to cure cancer. Put it on PPV 24/7.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It's not just happening with cars!

german.cri.cn...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bigvig316

This whole story has the smell of hoax. I'm not sure how taking pictures of supply lots and then extrapolating that " No one is buying new cars!" gets any stars. I think there is a distinct lack of critical thinking on these types of stories. It's like throwing cake to the masses. They just eat it up without looking at why and what they are being fed. Deny Ignorance!
Just go to a dealership and ask them. All the cars are sold normally. Maybe if you had a real lemon of a car the manufacturer would buy them back. I think this comes from people getting left behind by the economy and thinking no one can afford these cars so...there must be a conspiracy of some type. As the lower class grows more and more each day it seems like, these types of stories will be more common. "Why is meat so high? Must be the rich hoarding cows!" The real answer is that most our wages are not keeping up with the costs of goods.

V

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Variable
a reply to: bigvig316

This whole story has the smell of hoax. I'm not sure how taking pictures of supply lots and then extrapolating that " No one is buying new cars!" gets any stars. I think there is a distinct lack of critical thinking on these types of stories. It's like throwing cake to the masses. They just eat it up without looking at why and what they are being fed. Deny Ignorance!
Just go to a dealership and ask them. All the cars are sold normally. Maybe if you had a real lemon of a car the manufacturer would buy them back. I think this comes from people getting left behind by the economy and thinking no one can afford these cars so...there must be a conspiracy of some type. As the lower class grows more and more each day it seems like, these types of stories will be more common. "Why is meat so high? Must be the rich hoarding cows!" The real answer is that most our wages are not keeping up with the costs of goods.

V

Exactly most cars are built under contracts with dealers and exporters this story was obviously from someone who knows next to nothing about the auto industry. Also economics i might add a factory would close in a month if they couldnt sell cars they rely on inflow of money from sales to keep the factory going.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia, well they do eventually through auctions, it could be a combination of things, peope want there cars to last, the economy is not doing very well, or better yet nobody wants those type of cars, nobody wants ford, gm, chrysler, or honda's anymore.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Debunk Link
It's deleting the "sh!t" out of the URL... jalopnik.com...!t-1578124255
edit on 22-5-2014 by 0bservant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bservant

ATS word censor is blocking the link you posted, lol.

Site: jalopnik.com...
Article: That Zero Hedge Article On Unsold Cars Is Bull(word blocked)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
a reply to: 0bservant

ATS word censor is blocking the link you posted, lol.

Site: jalopnik.com...
Article: That Zero Hedge Article On Unsold Cars Is Bull(word blocked)

Since ATS' censor mechanism is interfering with the link, use this one instead:

tinyurl.com/lllwag9

This article debunks this pretty well.

S
edit on 27-5-2014 by saneboy because: Fixing link

edit on 27-5-2014 by saneboy because: Fixing Link

edit on 27-5-2014 by saneboy because: Link Still Broken

edit on 27-5-2014 by saneboy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join