It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of Thousands of Brand New Unsold Cars Parked Worldwide to Rot in Car Graveyards

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: duke396

Star for you. You are correct, NO cars go back the sales men have to sell every car on the floor plan... I was thinking these could be auctions and fleet cars.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

He probably makes $30+ an hour so it's good "job security". I would do that job. No one around to get on your nerves, you're outdoors, you are pretty much your own boss.....where can I apply? lol

I would think that they sell these autos, either at auction, or at the very least, take it in for scrap? If they just sit there and they do nothing with them, then they are losing some serious money. Or did everybody already get "paid"??? Is that why these vehicles are just sitting there? Very strange.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Having posted that these photos are all from 2009, and were the result of the slump in auto sales from the economic crash of late 2008-2009. I feel the point was lost on many in this thread.

This is being pushed hard as a "conspiracy" by Vince Lewis. It is absolutely a hoax claim. Every one of the photos he used in his claim that these are "graveyards" of new (circa 2014-2015) models is bunk. The photos came from articles published in 2009 by the NYT, Reuters, BBC, and Guardian. The Google images are dated 2009. Lewis simply post dated a "timestamp" on them as if that changes when they date to.

A brief history lesson - there was a severe economic crash in late 2008, some would call it bordering on a depression, this is when the phrase "too big to fail" came around, pertaining to the Wall Street banks that were crashing. The crash touched off a massive housing and foreclosure crisis. This then resulted in a LOT of imported cars piling up at the port cities, Everyone was broke and no one was buying cars. The photos of which you see in the OP. These were not then and are not now "auto graveyards."

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

In fact, apparently, neither of these things are true. In what I consider a very strong blow to the governments line of "don't worry, it's a recovery people!" Someone called Vincent Lewis has blown the cover right off the car industry. And yes, there are pics. (I actually found this on Zerohedge, and ZH is crediting Vincent Lewis with the discovery, the pics, and the article.)

Hundreds of thousands, possibly even more than one million, brand new and unsold cars are sitting around in absolutely huge car graveyards all over the world!

Unfortunately that's total nonsense, especially in relation to the pictures posted.

Sheerness is a port and is the main hub for vehicle imports coming into the country.

Cars are unloaded and parked up while waiting for transporters to collect them. The cars in those photos are being continuously rotated, with most of those cars probably sitting there for less than a week.

Utter, utter rubbish from Zerohedge.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Yes yes, we know the economy is recovering, thank Obama and the Democrats....blah blah blah.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Wouldn't this be considered 'Price Fixing' ?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

The article is wrong those are rental spaces at ports for car importers. They rent lots to park the cars after they get them from the docks. They will load up car carriers with these cars to continue there journey onto dealerships. Most of those cars are there only days all have all ready been purchased as well normally by dealers. this isnt just abandoned cars as far as cars if a manufacturers inventory gets to high they will and do shut down production they just dont keep making cars. The previous years model is usually completely sold by April of the next year you get a discount for purchasing the last years model. Basically they are lying and misrepresenting facts and in the future you may want to look at anything they say as suspect.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
BS

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I love how many people here WANT this to be a conspiracy so bad that they ignore evidence to the contrary. The dealership I work for is relatively small and we have at least $6-7 million worth of inventory (new cars only, not including any profit) on any given day, assuming ~250 units. Start multiplying that by hundreds or thousands sitting in a "grave yard" and I'm fairly certain you'd have bankruptcy for the manufacturers across the board (again, in the case of domestic ones).
edit on 18-5-2014 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lil Drummerboy
a reply to: MysterX

So lets use walmart for example
60% of the workforce are dumb
and rather than have them at home doing nothing they are employed
selling usless garbage from china.
thus it keeps the people buying things and moving forward the economy.
the Elite are well aware of the system and its cogs
Unless your really ready for an ethics battle let the Elite worry about the real problem
with the Superficial world.. LOL

Except for a few simple facts...
1. Wage gap is increasing, this is a direct relation to decisions made by the Elite
2. Wealth/savings gap is also increasing
3. Elite are continuing to get richer
4. Inflation is approaching, arguably being staved off by currency manipulation by the Fed.

You can't keep destroying jobs and the economy and expect it to keep "moving forward." Therefore, the real goal of the Elite can't be to keep things moving.

Regardless of what is going on with these cars, people are trying to hold on to as much money as they can because many expect something else coming down the road - stock market crash, financial collapse, etc. The cars should be given away, if you ask me.

However, here is the reason they WON'T sell them off cheap - market control. You flood the market with cheap 1-3 year old cars that are practically brand new and the demand for expensive actually "new" cars goes drastically down. People won't buy the over-priced cars sitting on the dealership lots. They will flock to purchase a "like new" 1-3 year old car for much cheaper.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Myself and My wife have never bought a new car.
Our long gone Parents on either side have never bought a new car.
Of our extended family, my side is small and only one bought a new car, The wife's side is a huge clan and I cannot speak for them all but I do know that most have never bought a new car.

All the rusting metal makes me think of rusting minds.

Regards, Iwinder

S&F

ETA....It sure makes me think of the "Zero" interest plans the car manufacturers are offering right now at this time.
We own our home free and clear, the only debts we have are our Utilities and that is another story.

edit on 18-5-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
As long as there is tax exemptions there will be this level of waste, at least people still have jobs

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

My suggestion for you is to take the time to look into how car imports are shipped. Every company who manufactures vehicles will use port facilities to park there cars prior to shipment. Also when they get them off the ship once again they will park them these lots can have tens of thousands of cars. None of those cars will be there for more than a week. Do some research into how import cars are brought into countries they will explain what these parking areas are for in fact many ports are currently expanding there parking areas meaning there is more cars entering there port.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
What a waste, lets at least hope someone has the good sense to recycle them.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I bet it is cheaper for the car manufacturers to let these cars rot than to risk union retaliation for laying off union workers or cutting their hours.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

My suggestion for you is to take the time to look into how car imports are shipped. Every company who manufactures vehicles will use port facilities to park there cars prior to shipment. Also when they get them off the ship once again they will park them these lots can have tens of thousands of cars. None of those cars will be there for more than a week. Do some research into how import cars are brought into countries they will explain what these parking areas are for in fact many ports are currently expanding there parking areas meaning there is more cars entering there port.

My suggestion to you is to read my posts in this thread, especially the first ones. I am going off first hand experience so i dont need to research (certainly in the case of Nissan in the UK)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I just read all of your posts on this topic.

I don't see anything of any significance.... So you have first hand experience that manufactures make a lot of vehicles and cookers. Big deal?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JarsCloutLife
a reply to: pikestaff

You are correct. And the cycle works ... but only when the automobiles are actually purchased.

And supply and demand curves would indicate that automobile prices should be extremely low. But...

Auto prices are pretty low, in comparison to the parts that make up the cars themselves.

Flooding these cars on the market would be bad on the industry as a whole, collapsing market value of new cars by a wide margin. However, trickling these cars into the marketplace would be a boon for parts and service departments, parts suppliers, sub-suppliers, sub-sub-suppliers and the like. (and if you really want to know, service departments are the real money makers in almost all dealerships.)

But being a parts guy myself, I would love to see these cars trickle into the market. I look at each of those cars and see the parts value in them.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

I just read all of your posts on this topic.

I don't see anything of any significance.... So you have first hand experience that manufactures make a lot of vehicles and cookers. Big deal?

You kinda missed my point, Mass Produced Products are not built to order they are built to forcasts. What this means is there will be a surplus that has to be stored somewhere and yes, sometimes stored for years, rotting in compounds and warehouses. You say that the photograph's in the OP are all rental spaces (at docks) and will be moved within days, show me proof of this, all being at ports awaiting onward shipment. Nissan certainly had their own compounds and fields (yes fields) to store stock and surplus as well as port compounds awaiting shipment to Amsterdam. Of course i have also been to the Amsterdam distribution centre to check quarantined stock, i have seen cars there older than 5 years old. So a "Few Days" to quote yourself in some instances turned out to be in excess of 1800 days, so yes, as pointed out in the OP ..... there are cars out there that have never been driven by the end user and ARE being left to rot.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Although this is off the main topic I had to comment. I lived in a very small farm town for a while and when I first moved there it was because I was leaving my abusive x-boyfriend. I fled there with my children and nothing more than the clothes on our backs. There was a woman in the town that my parents knew who was the person who collected those things from the yellow donation boxes. She sorted them dumped the bad stuff, passed the best to the needy (I got alot from her, and she delivered regularly to the homeless shelter) then after all that was done she delivered the rest to St. vincent DePaul thrift shop in the area. The churches and other various organizations would give vouchers for 5 free outfits per person useable at that thrift store. So they are not all like that apparently your area is ran by some corrupt people. a reply to: ThichHeaded

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join