It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Otero County, NM Showdown Continues - ("you better quiet down or we’ll come after you") ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

What was called a “facilitated discussion” was held Friday morning in Albuquerque at the U.S. Attorney’s Office between officials from Otero County representing the ranchers and about a dozen representatives of the federal government, including the U.S. Forest Service and the U.S. Department of Justice.

But no agreement was reached between the two sides, according to Blair Dunn, the county’s attorney.

“They (the federal agents at Friday’s meeting) don’t want to have a Bundy Ranch situation,” Dunn said. “But they wanted to try to push the county and the sheriff to tell their citizens to quiet down. That was what repeatedly came up was, ‘we really can’t promise to open the gate and we can’t really promise you anything to make things better but we want you to help us and go down there and get everybody to be quiet .’ As much as anything it was said to the county, you better quiet down or we’ll come after you.”

A mouse vs. cattle: Showdown between ranchers and the feds in Otero County continues

PLUS

I'm seeing "Otero County New Mexico" INVOLVEMENT ... in the form of:

1. County Ranchers
2. County Commissioners
3. County Sheriff
4. County Attorney
5. U.S. Attorney for New Mexico
6. Representative of New Mexico
7. General Public Opinion

OPINION(s): Yep, I believe THIS "continues" ... AND ... Therefore, I don't believe Otero County New Mexico will "quiet down".
edit on 16-5-2014 by FarleyWayne because: Clarification of "OPINION(s)".

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

The OP is another example of over reach. Flag and Star!
If I get it straight, the Feds and NM State's isn't prepared
to promise anything; but if the ranchers don't "quiet down"
they'll be apprehended? This could be handled badly
by the alternative media... and I personally hope the story
escapes to the mainstream without spin too.
It's almost as bad as "Forget the law: do what we say or else"

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I just want to be the first to predict that the ranchers will be labeled right-wing, gun-loving, domestic terrorists by the MSM.

Also, I will go out on a limb and predict that the sun will not go nova on Sept. 28, 2015.

I think my first prediction has a better chance of being accurate.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The article says there are other watering holes he can use so why doesn't he just use those?

“The Forest Service is well within its right to completely restrict access the area and the water therein, a measure that WildEarth Guardians would support to ensure protection of the jumping mouse,” Bird said in his letter. ”Furthermore, such a complete restriction would be reasonable as it would apply to a meter 23 of the28,850 acres (less than .1 percent of the grazing at issue), and there is other water access therein that the permittee can use for cattle.”

The watering hole he was using doesn't belong to him anyway it is on public land. These people cry that the government is taking stuff away from them when in truth they were the ones that was doing the stealing.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I would like to see some constitutionally directed sheriff's send these federal gun thugs packing. Preferably using some of this MRAP power recently provided to them by DHS.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I just want to be the first to predict that the ranchers will be labeled right-wing, gun-loving, domestic terrorists by the MSM.

Also, I will go out on a limb and predict that the sun will not go nova on Sept. 28, 2015.

I think my first prediction has a better chance of being accurate.

I agree.

And will add;

racists and tax cheaters as well.

The BLM is an Agenda 21 cohort imo.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Because it doesn't fit the 'big government' narrative.

They're coming to get you, man.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Can you prove any agenda 21 projects in the USA?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

Here is a big one! Right under your nose and you didn't know about it.....

ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

There's many.

google;

" local agenda 21 planning guide "

" local agenda 21 projects "

" u.s. local agenda 21 laws "

" u.s. local agenda 21 projects "

Since President George H.W. Bush first signed onto Agenda 21, the International Council of Local Environmental Initiatives or ICLEI, has been established to help local governments across the globe implement the group’s environmental and development policies. More than 450 U.S. cities and counties in 46 states have become members, according to the organization’s website. Additionally, more than 1,000 major cities around the globe are also members. While Congress has never approved Agenda 21, both Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama signed executive orders supporting the initiative.

‘For The Record’ Examines the U.N.’s Agenda 21: 46 States and Counting

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

I would like to see some constitutionally directed sheriff's send these federal gun thugs packing. Preferably using some of this MRAP power recently provided to them by DHS.

Would these "constitutionally directed sheriff's" be like Sheriff Mack? You know the one that was planning on putting women on the front line so if shooting started they would get shot first? What a brave man. So would they strap women to the hoods of their MRAP?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

That doesn't sound so bad. Is that what Agenda 21 is? Sustainability?

Yeah, scary.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Its easy to find conspiracy sites relating to agenda 21 finding actual agenda 21 projects not so easy. Give me one agenda project in any American city.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
The article says there are other watering holes he can use so why doesn't he just use those?

“The Forest Service is well within its right to completely restrict access the area and the water therein, a measure that WildEarth Guardians would support to ensure protection of the jumping mouse,” Bird said in his letter. ”Furthermore, such a complete restriction would be reasonable as it would apply to a meter 23 of the28,850 acres (less than .1 percent of the grazing at issue), and there is other water access therein that the permittee can use for cattle.”

The watering hole he was using doesn't belong to him anyway it is on public land. These people cry that the government is taking stuff away from them when in truth they were the ones that was doing the stealing.

The bottom line — and what should for ranchers and all other constitutionally minded Americans be the line in the sand — is that regardless of the insistence of the Forest Service or the Bureau of Land Management that millions of acres of Western land were ceded to the federal government when those states entered the union, the Constitution, common law, and relevant Supreme Court rulings forbid it.

To Protect a Mouse, Forest Service Cuts Off Water Access in New Mexico

-
CLARIFICATION: "the Constitution, common law, and relevant Supreme Court rulings" ... "forbid it".
edit on 16-5-2014 by FarleyWayne because: "forbid it"

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Would these "constitutionally directed sheriff's" be like Sheriff Mack? You know the one that was planning on putting women on the front line so if shooting started they would get shot first? What a brave man. So would they strap women to the hoods of their MRAP?

I know you love big centralized government Buster. For myself I have zero use for them. My take on this is run every federale out of town on a rail. Hey,DHS gave out all those MRAP's to fight terrorism right. Let's start with the real terrorists.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Its easy to find conspiracy sites relating to agenda 21 finding actual agenda 21 projects not so easy. Give me one agenda project in any American city.

In the U.S. it's called the ICLEI and you really really need to read as much as possible.

Why don't you start a topic after you study-up a little. Might be interesting to list all the thousands of pros & cons.

In the United States, over 528 cities are members of ICLEI, an international sustainability organization that helps to implement the Agenda 21 and Local Agenda 21 concepts across the world. The United States has nearly half of the ICLEI's global membership of 1,200 cities promoting sustainable development at a local level.[9] The United States also has one of the most comprehensively documented Agenda 21 status reports.[17] In response to the opposition, Don Knapp, U.S. spokesman for the ICLEI, has said "Sustainable development is not a top-down conspiracy from the U.N., but a bottom-up push from local governments".[16]

The Arizona Chamber of Commerce and Industry successfully lobbied against an anti-sustainable development bill in 2012, arguing "It would be bad for business" as it could drive away corporations that have embraced sustainable development.[16]

Agenda 21

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne
CLARIFICATION: "the Constitution, common law, and relevant Supreme Court rulings" ... "forbid it".

I really have to wonder how the author comes to that conclusion given article four of the US constitution:

The Congress shall have power to dispose of and make all needful rules and regulations respecting the territory or other property belonging to the United States.

While the state constitution likely says something to the effect of the following:

That the people inhabiting said territory do agree and declare, that they forever disclaim all right and title to the unappropriated public lands lying within said territory, and that the same shall be and remain at the sole and entire disposition of the United States.

There's also the Taylor Grazing Act of 1934 and the Federal Land Policy and Management Act of 1976 giving BLM control of all that federal land. Given all that I highly doubt any court of law would say that it's 'forbidden' for the federal government to own all that land.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I have searched many times looking for a example of a agenda 21 project in the US and have failed. I see plenty of sites claiming 450 cities or over 500 cities but no projects. The city of Helena Ark built a civil war fort replica and placed replica civil war era cannons in some parks around town. This is a very poor area and I wondered if this was a agenda 21 project...but I don't know if it is or isn't.

Also the state of Missouri built bike trails all over I also wondered if this was a agenda 21 project, but I can't confirm.

Google is filled with the conspiracy but no projects that I can find.
edit on 16-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Public land is the peoples land......
You always come down on the side of the gov boys.....
Something tells me youd like to see these people get wasted by the feds...there thatll learn em for stealing water...hang a few for example ....hang about three hundred....bitter or what?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

And how do we know the anti UN sentiment is not from paid advertisers?

Everything needs a re-evaluation. The way to do this is to follow the law, as it is written.

Keep up the good job,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join