It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOrld biggest democratic election result out...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
With more than 25 million volunteers like me Narenra modi led BJP win

TextOpposition candidate Narendra Modi thundered to victory on Friday in India's election, with partial results showing that the pro-business Hindu nationalist and his party trounced the ruling Nehru-Gandhi dynasty in a seismic political shift. Modi's landslide, the most resounding election victory India has seen in 30 years, was welcomed with a blistering rally on India's stock markets and raucous celebrations at offices across the country of his Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), where supporters danced, exploded fireworks and gave out sweets.

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vishantchaudhary

At least there are nations who still practice democracy.

Congrats on the win India.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sorry about our moron POTUS,please don't believe any Americans(real ones any way) have any beef with India. We may not understand you but we do like you. Don't let them sucker you guys into WW 3. They may be trying soon.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Sorry about our moron POTUS,please don't believe any Americans(real ones any way) have any beef with India. We may not understand you but we do like you. Don't let them sucker you guys into WW 3. They may be trying soon.

Uh Indias beef is with Pakstan and more so with China. The US and India are friendly although not allies. Although Modi the current winner has been banned from the US since 2005 a Bush policy Obama continued but, now ended. Modi does have have very close ties with Japan though and is working with them to contain China. With this being the case we can expect that to lead to closer India US ties.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
In case anyone was curious:

There were 814.5 million eligible voters and the average voter turnout was 66.38%. That's 540.7 million people that voted! The entire population of the USA is ~330 million.

Great job India!

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: links234
Do dead people also vote in India?

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Fingers crossed that the people of India will continue to have their voices heard. It is but a step in the right direction, and with continued resolve the people can govern themselves.

edit on 16-5-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The point is, Modi pulled more votes than the six referenced world leaders *combined,* so Modi is the true leader of the free world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy, folks. The true leader of the free world is Modi. Indonesia's Yudhoyono is a distant second. Obama is third.

Year Country Leader Votes won in elections
2009 Indonesia Yudhoyono 73,874,562
2012 USA Obama 65,915,796
2012 Japan Abe 25,643,309
2013 Germany Merkel 18,157,256
2012 France Hollande 18,000,668
2010 UK Cameron 10,703,654
Total: 212,295,245

2014 India Modi 221,875,600

Voters: 815,000,000
Voter turnout: 66.40%
Vote share (NDA): 41.00%

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: links234

Do dead people also vote in India?

They don't have any Democrat party so no.

Sorry could not resist.

Congrats to India, I really want stronger US/India ties.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Yeah, was apparently not as good a joke as I thought when I typed it lol. Not a huge fan of democracy myself, I prefer a republic. Every form of government has their flaws though, I have not found perfection yet. Although tribal and local government can be good, it can also be terrible. I guess it helps to live in a good area.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yeah, was apparently not as good a joke as I thought when I typed it lol. Not a huge fan of democracy myself, I prefer a republic. Every form of government has their flaws though, I have not found perfection yet. Although tribal and local government can be good, it can also be terrible. I guess it helps to live in a good area.

The best form of government is a totalitarian dictatorship. It just so happens to also be capable of being the worst.

new topics

top topics

join