It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Virginia Teen Wins Shot at State Legislature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
West Virginia Teen Wins Shot at State Legislature

A West Virginia high school senior a week shy of graduation has big plans for summer vacation: Campaigning for a seat in the state legislature. Saira Blair, 17, knocked off the incumbent in the Republican primary this week, setting up a run for the West Virginia House in November. The Martinsburg teen unseated Larry Kump in the District 59 race, 872-728, to earn a shot in the general election.

This takes the cake. What kind of state would vote for a person that has zero life experience to run their state. And it also brings up the question just how bad of a politician was Larry Kump for a kid to beat you in a election.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The same people that can vote politicians into office with tons of experience in how to screw people over.

Maybe just maybe this kid will do what is good for the people instead of what's good for some special interest group.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Our congress could do nothing and we would be better off than we are now.

The 'experienced' politicians are terrible. How could she possibly worse than Obama and the rest of the idiots in congress?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Like the others have said, the bar isn't set very high.

I would consider voting on the teen simply because the same ol people have done nothing except pass the buck and screw things up worse. Maybe a young fresh mind is exactly what is needed.

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got"

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Come on Buster.

Look at congress or the state legislators, they are all old grumpy men and women who have NO idea what life is for the average American.

You can't sit there with a straight face and tell me that a little youth is a bad thing? So what if they have no experience, that means they aren't tainted by politics or back room deals.

Haven't had to terrible things to get ahead like most do by the time they run for office.

IMO this is a GREAT thing.

~Tenth

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

to add to your point.

Most politicians in office are woefully behind on technology subjects.

Especially the internet.

This is a good thing.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

This takes the cake. What kind of state would vote for a person that has zero life experience to run their state. And it also brings up the question just how bad of a politician was Larry Kump for a kid to beat you in a election.

In my opinion, I think young people are more fit to run a government than are older people. Although, 17 is a bit too old. But the real young people, who still have their innocence, know right from wrong and just want to do whats right, whereas, older people just want to do what makes them the most money.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Our congress could do nothing and we would be better off than we are now.

At this point, we don't need to just do nothing, we need to take a step back and undo things that have been done.

The 'experienced' politicians are terrible. How could she possibly worse than Obama

I dont think its possible.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

What kind of state? A state known to be full of people with common sense and logic.

Many here know it's all BS no matter who gets in. Just shaking things up a bit. Remember when WV mostly voted for a criminal in prison over Obama? lol Not many here have faith in government anymore. I'd vote for a dog over the typical politician if I could as would most people I know.

edit on 15-5-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Hard to be worse than what we have in office. Not that I think anyone under 20 has any business there. My opinion is that every politician shoudl have a forced retirement and we can start over.

top topics

join