It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've lost all respect for the term Racist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I agree that I'm sick of the racism talk, too. It's old to disagree with things that have been done since Obama got elected and get accused of racism.

"You just don't like it because Obama did it, and you're racist." Is really getting old. It's not like I see loads of people disagreeing with the policy and typing nasty screeds calling him all sorts of things a real racist might, things I've seen on other Internet sites. I won't type any of them here because they really are nasty.

The thing that I didn't used to see them around the Internet so much before this admin and racist talk and tactics started. Now, these nasty things are becoming more and more common. So I guess we could argue which came first - the racism or the accusations. Were people always racist and just hiding it or have the unwarranted accusations provoked a backlash of anger and frustration?

I'm sure different people will have different answers. Given what I observed of society prior to this "Great Division," I'd prefer to believe that it was the latter and we're seeing the beginnings of backlash anger and frustration, not that that's any more comforting.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I understand what you're saying; I really do.
You don't respect it because you feel it's just used as shield too often in your opinion during conversation to strike a nerve.
I suggest you visit godlike productions and peruse the site for a while and you tell me
if racism/bigotry/anti-semetism isn't a real problem at all.

These threads seem to be popping up so frequently now on this site that i'm starting to wonder
how exactly they help unite us in our attempt to seek the truth as one united front.

I find that people that rally against the use of racism and the sort often times are white supremacist and
white nationalist trying to distract from what they are by use of smoke and mirrors.
I am not saying this is what you are I am simply making a generalization as you did.

I urge you now that you have found new strength in your convictions to make as many comments against
jewish people and gay people and black people as possible and explain to them that you don't respect their
sensitivity towards it because you know they're just using "the card".

We are so busy attacking each other based on the most insignificant of things that it's no wonder we can't be more than we are.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Justwatchingyou because: additional sentence - some typos.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Justwatchingyou

How do you have a discussion of things if you aren't allowed to post on both sides of the issue?

If we are discussing illegal immigration, how can we discuss it without airing the arguments against allowing those who broke the law to just stay here?

If we are discussing gay marriage, how can we discuss it without letting those who have contrary views to air their views?

The answer is that we can't which is why it's so tempting for the one side to throw out the "card." When you do that you effectively stop everything from one side of the discussion.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
EVERYONE is awesome. there's not a person on this planet that isn't valuable beyond measure. people who seem evil are shaped by their environments and life experiences, which given care, can mend and be healed. forget what people say about your belief or lack thereof. of your skin color, gender or financial bracket. you are all valuable and wonderfully made. the only real issue here is lack of understanding.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Racism is black and white...it's simple...do you make judgments based on someone's race or skin color in any capacity? If the answer to that question is yes, then you are racist.

There is no level of racism that is acceptable like you suggest. You can have some racists views and consider yourself non-racist. If you harbor any racists thoughts...I'm sorry...you are racist.

I have to cover this one specifically.
YES IT DOES...that is EXACTLY the definition of being racist. Don't judge the group, judge the person.

rac·ist [rey-sist]
noun
a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or all others.

I see nothing about stereotypes in that definition. Sorry, you are wrong.

LOL, off by one year....I stand by my assessment of you.

Right. Whatever.

Race is NOT supposed to be taken into consideration when hiring someone, no matter what their race is. But this information is required for statistical purposes. Since people are racists, and yes they still are, if someone doesn't monitor them to make sure they are practicing fair hiring...they won't do it.

Don't patronize me. I know racists exist. Real racists that is. You haven't met one obviously. I have, and let me tell you that a harmless stereotype joke is the least of your worries with a real racist.

So the reason you need to fill out your race on the application is so it can be shown that if you have x% of applicants are a certain race, then you should be close to having x% of employees of that race.

Yea I know the government spiel too, that was a rhetorical question.

It's hilarious that you seem to be denying that racism is still a huge issue in our society and that people need to be monitored to make sure they aren't excluding certain races from employment. This is basic history that you should know.

Show me where I denied racism still exists. Last I checked, I even admitted to its continued existence in the OP.

Did I say it was?

That question was one of the reasons I made this very thread that you seem to be missing. People get called racist for JUST disagreeing with Obama's policies and decisions. It is beyond frustrating and why I made the thread in the first place. Mr. Race Card please explain to me why it is socially acceptable to call someone who doesn't accept Obama's decisions and policies racist.

You are kidding right? No one calls it a game except the morons who are doing it. Do you think if the cops catch them that they just let them go because it was just a "game"? You know, because black kids are NEVER arrested...right???

You completely dodged my concern. Do you consider it racist of those black kids to go out and beat a lone white person just because he is white? Or is it simple assault?

You seem very bitter for some reason.

MAYBE because you flat out insulted me by calling me racist. That word has a lot of weight behind it and if you are going to throw it out there, expect it to upset someone. THAT is ANOTHER point that I've been trying to make with this thread that seems to be lost on you. You might as well have just slapped me across the face. Am I supposed to just take this?

At least my assessment of you was close....you are way off...I'm older than you. I'm 35, not in college and don't view the world in a idealistic way...that would be the person claiming that if we just ignore "race" then racism will go away *rollseyes*

Good, see what assuming does. I'M going to be the bigger man and admit to being wrong. Of course I did that as a demonstration to show why you shouldn't assume, guess that was lost on you too.

Who is arguing? I'm not arguing anything, just making observations which have obviously touched a nerve with you.

This is an argument. Also known as a debate. It is just the terminology of our discourse. Do I need to define an argument for you too?

It's funny that you are puffing your chest out here though. I made an observation that you seem to have racists tendencies....and you came right out and confirmed those. Although according to you, you don't have ENOUGH racists views to be considered a racists. Let me tell you, with logical skills like that...I wouldn't brag too much about me not being in your league...I may just take it as a compliment.

Yea because in your perfect little world you NEVER dislike something EVER. Nothing EVER annoys you for no reason whatsoever. It's all just sunshines and smiles with you. I mean, it's just IMPOSSIBLE that someone could possible tell a stereotype joke and JUST be joking right? If it's a racist joke then that means that EVERYONE involved automatically HATES that race and feels that their race is superior. Because THAT is the definition of racism. People like Dave Chappelle, Daniel Tosh, George Lopez, etc are all just huge racists and hate the races they are making fun of.

WHAT????

LOL, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. So according to you, as long as you don't act on your hate of someone due to their race...then you aren't a racist. LOL!!!!

I don't physically even believe any stereotypes, I just find them funny. Why is that racist? Explain how that is me feeling like my race is more superior.

And where have I stated that I view racism as something that can only happen to a minority? Now you are just making things up.

However, in America, historically and currently racism has only had a detrimental effect on minorities on the whole.

Fantastic. Glad we are in agreement with something.

Please show me the statistics of all the unqualified minorities (I hope it is in excess of a 25% rate) being hired over the qualified white worker. And how do you know this information? I don't think you have ever hired anyone...or else you would know that qualified/unqualified is not black and white (OH, I thought you didn't participate in dualism...I guess you do).

We aren't going to play this game, you and I both know that we can both produce the SAME statistics read different ways to go whichever way we want. I'm not getting into a partisan discussion with you.

You seem bitter...I'm sure there is a reason...but just remember, your situation in life is due to YOUR actions...not because you think you have been slighted by some group.

Stopping judging a person by what "group" they belong to and judge the individual. It's as simple as that.

I'm BITTER because you called me racist! Where did I blame any race for my lot in life? There you go making assumptions about me again. Between calling me a racist and making unfounded and WRONG assumptions about me, I can't believe you can't figure out why I'm a little ticked off at you. I'm happily employed and about to have many things are about to pay off for me thanks to MY decisions and planning. It took longer than it should of due to MY decisions. I never blamed any part of my life on any minority so just STOP right there!

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews
What you are really describing, in essence, is the left-wing liberal's and their party's debate tactics.

The Liberal Tactic: When confronted with truth, reality and facts, immediately try to bait the other person or their political party and label them a racist - so as to distract and derail the validity of their points.

If it didn't have some perceived benefit, then most decent liberals wouldn't mud-sling and play the racist card as often.

Seems to me that the people most obsessed with race are the ones who keep talking about other people "pulling the race card." Please tell me how invalidating somebody's argument with "you're just pulling the race card!" is somehow superior?

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

How do you have a discussion of things if you aren't allowed to post on both sides of the issue?

If we are discussing illegal immigration, how can we discuss it without airing the arguments against allowing those who broke the law to just stay here?

If we are discussing gay marriage, how can we discuss it without letting those who have contrary views to air their views?

The answer is that we can't which is why it's so tempting for the one side to throw out the "card." When you do that you effectively stop everything from one side of the discussion.

The OP didn't want conversation. He wanted stars for his belief - he wanted to see how many agreed with him and were waving his flag. This post as it was written was not created to find a solution it was created to deepen a divide in mentality and to see where people stood. I see the same people that post on various others in his defense. I am surprised I have not seen others yet although it may be early and they simply haven't logged on but I imagine they will soon. This thread is not a debate it's simply a tool of further division.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justwatchingyou

originally posted by: ketsuko

The OP didn't want conversation. He wanted stars for his belief - he wanted to see how many agreed with him and were waving his flag. This post as it was written was not created to find a solution it was created to deepen a divide in mentality and to see where people stood. I see the same people that post on various others in his defense. I am surprised I have not seen others yet although it may be early and they simply haven't logged on but I imagine they will soon. This thread is not a debate it's simply a tool of further division.

Is it now? Glad you know everything about me. Maybe you should join the other guy I've been DEBATING with for the last two threads and sing songs of happiness.

ETA: Wait, I just read your original post, you wouldn't just happen to be mad because I didn't respond to you would you? Because I totally didn't realize that you had posted. Must have missed it. Sorry, but hear this. I made this thread to start a conversation. Who cares about flags and stars? I already have plenty of them.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
IMO it's all about being self-entitled whiny babies. The good ole U.S.A is setting a new standard on how to be offended over everything. Next thing you know, it will be racist for whites to walk on sidewalks. (exaggerated example, but not far off from the craziness going on now) This mindset enables specific groups to get whatever they want while completely destroying the lives of those who oppose their views as a bonus prize. None of these things would even matter if people weren't so pampered in our society.

The REAL reason I think this is happening is because our government has had plans to implement terrible things like the NDAA bill and increased NSA spying etc etc etc.. As long as everything is about race to those who buy into the "race card" fad, they will support their president no matter what. Why? Because it would be racist not to of course!

This same exact thing will happen when Hillary is elected. While the "race card" will die out, the "Woman hater" accusations will be thrown around on all things and all topics women, while she signs endless atrocious bills into law. Watch!
edit on 14-5-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: rickynews
What you are really describing, in essence, is the left-wing liberal's and their party's debate tactics.

The Liberal Tactic: When confronted with truth, reality and facts, immediately try to bait the other person or their political party and label them a racist - so as to distract and derail the validity of their points.

If it didn't have some perceived benefit, then most decent liberals wouldn't mud-sling and play the racist card as often.

Seems to me that the people most obsessed with race are the ones who keep talking about other people "pulling the race card." Please tell me how invalidating somebody's argument with "you're just pulling the race card!" is somehow superior?

Well if you want to play that game, we can go on forever with counter-counter plays and all. But in essence, what are we SUPPOSED to do when someone yells "RACIST!" when we say something like that we don't like the ACA or don't agree with immigration reform? Just sit there and stare at them? Agree? There's nothing left to do but get defensive, there is just too much weight behind the word and the terminology on what IS and ISN'T racist is SO vague that you just can't be sure. It's just not fair and therefore not right.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Why would I be upset at being replied to or not?
I ignore plenty of people myself.

Like I said previously this post wasn't for debate.
I'm glad you know you have plenty of stars and can now post
any kind of comments you want on this site.

There is no discussing with you as you have you beliefs and I can't fight against
whatever some minority must have done to you to result in this anger you have
that you now funnel form your fingers as sarcasm and jokes.

You're cool with me man, like I said be who you are at least you're no longer hiding it.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

No the discussion is about when and where and how it is and isn't appropriate to accuse someone else of being a racist.

Generally, the term is used inappropriately.

For example, if I were engaging in a discussion of Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn (the unsanitized version), it would generally be very difficult to discuss it without having a frank discussion about the use of certain words and their context within the text. Used anywhere else, those words would be an open invitation for the racist card to be thrown, but they are entirely appropriate and necessary to any discussion of the novel in question. However, I have no doubt, someone would show up on the thread and use the racist card simply because of the language being used.

It's bad enough in the real world that they've completely bastardized the book to make it more PC. So I have no doubt the discussion would pretty quickly devolve in here too where it ought not. Adults should understand the need for the discussion and the reading of the novel.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justwatchingyou
I understand what you're saying; I really do.
You don't respect it because you feel it's just used as shield too often in your opinion during conversation to strike a nerve.
I suggest you visit godlike productions and peruse the site for a while and you tell me
if racism/bigotry/anti-semetism isn't a real problem at all.

I've been there. But again. I ADMITTED that racism still exists. I NEVER said that racism isn't still an issue. I JUST said that the lines between what is and isn't racism is so blurred that you can use it for whatever you want as long as your position involves a minority and you can destroy someone's career or life.

These threads seem to be popping up so frequently now on this site that i'm starting to wonder
how exactly they help unite us in our attempt to seek the truth as one united front.

Have they? I haven't seen a thread like this before. Care to show me them. I've certainly seen people in posts complain about it, but I don't recall many threads about it.

I find that people that rally against the use of racism and the sort often times are white supremacist and
white nationalist trying to distract from what they are by use of smoke and mirrors.
I am not saying this is what you are I am simply making a generalization as you did.

You find this? Or are you making that up based on some sort of preconceived notions? Like do you have any facts to back that up?

I urge you now that you have found new strength in your convictions to make as many comments against
jewish people and gay people and black people as possible and explain to them that you don't respect their

WHAT?!? Don't pervert what I'm trying to say. If something is TRULY racist, you are allowed to call it for what it is. I SAID that in the OP. My problem is with the people as you said who are using it as a shield which is getting to ridiculous levels.

We are so busy attacking each other based on the most insignificant of things that it's no wonder we can't be more than we are.

I'm in agreement there. I don't like making distinctions between people. That is why I don't like words like race, black white, color. To me, we are all just human. I understand that there are some differences between different peoples but that isn't enough for me to hate them. But focusing on those divisions only perpetuates them. By talking about it, you in turn give it power. It's scary. In this case we have a tool for exposing hate being used inappropriately therefore creating more racial tension then actually solving.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

What am or was I hiding exactly? Please say it.

Why do you think I think that a minority slighted me? Please say it.

I'm going to go ahead and say that regardless of what you are assuming about me or will try to picture me, you are wrong. Just like the other guy who has assumed things about me. Ketsuko spelled my intentions with the thread out clearly for you.
edit on 14-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Lol your response to this -

Was my exact thought while reading it.. What?@? Loony tunes man, pure loony tunes. I have no idea where he/she dug that response up, and this is why I try to avoid convos like this now with people who find racism and hate in anything and everything. Having a convo with people that far out there always leads to a whole other Pandoras' box of insanity and accusations. It's not even a discussion anymore at that point.. Good luck with that one man, lol!

edit on 14-5-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I am not concerned about anyones skin colour, sexual preference, religious beliefs or political slant - I am a lot more interested in the contents of ones character.......this maketh the man.

If you are an idiot spruking crap then you are an idiot spruking crap.

If, as a consequence of that, I am labelled an intolerant racist bigot then I will proudly wear the badge.

The real deal, however, stand-out like dogs balls both on here and in real-life anyway, and we all know them by the narrow-minded comments they make.

Thank-you.

edit on 14-5-2014 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

What discussion is there to have when this is what you believe?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

At that point you're right..Looney tunes man..Wonder why your comment hasn't been deleted as being off topic yet.

LOL
edit on 14-5-2014 by Justwatchingyou because: I forgot to include an lol.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
I apologise if I am over-simplifying things, but if you take a whole bunch of young children from all walks of life, colour and creed in the same room they will play together. Racism is something we are taught, not born with....it only happens when adults interfere

Just my 2p worth

Rainbows
Jane

Oh really? Not what this study shows.

Are babies racist
edit on 14-5-2014 by EverydayInVA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
[ramble]

I think there's a lot of racism, (Note: not all), at this time that's not going to respond well to laws or peer pressure or the ostracizing of people. I think things like that, including jumping to the racist label, tend to make it worse.

It's the kind of racism that will respond when people aren't put on edge and they find themselves spending time with someone of another race. A few good experiences with someone of another race and a lot of people will start to question their attitudes, quietly perhaps; and the change might not be all that some would hope for, but more often than not, it will be heartfelt and real. It's a start in the right direction so to speak. Pulling out the race card because someone doesn't "think" about people of another race or articulate their thoughts about them to some perfect standard can be counter productive. It put's people on edge and makes them defensive. Sometimes it's better to applaud a move in the right direction rather than harangue someone over how far behind they are or how far they have left to go.

Some things just can't be forced or bullied.

I think there is another interesting aspect to our current dialogue about racism. Generally,in order for someone to be something, their actions or thoughts have to be habitual. If someone gets drunk on some odd Saturday night, we don't generally call them a drunk, but if they make a habit of it and it reaches a certain level we might. I think it's more that way with racism, or at least meaningful racism, than many of us currently allow for. A single comment or off color joke does not a racist make, at least not necessarily.

[/ramble]

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I just would like to point out that perhaps we should encourage people to be able to speak more freely about racism and even their racist beliefs.

We should not pursue a society where people are forced into silence through political correctness.

If people are idiots, then they should be free to illustrate their idiocy.

Society is being engineered into silence through the "threat" of being labeled "racist".

If you are a bigot, a racist, a moron, you should be able to proclaim that aspect of yourself!

That way, those of us can avoid you.

Seriously though, racism/political correctness will be the death of freedom.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join