It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've lost all respect for the term Racist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: rickynews
a reply to: Krazysh0t
What you are really describing, in essence, is the left-wing liberal's and their party's debate tactics.

The Liberal Tactic: When confronted with truth, reality and facts, immediately try to bait the other person or their political party and label them a racist - so as to distract and derail the validity of their points.

If it didn't have some perceived benefit, then most decent liberals wouldn't mud-sling and play the racist card as often.

Seems to me that the people most obsessed with race are the ones who keep talking about other people "pulling the race card." Please tell me how invalidating somebody's argument with "you're just pulling the race card!" is somehow superior?

Well if you want to play that game, we can go on forever with counter-counter plays and all. But in essence, what are we SUPPOSED to do when someone yells "RACIST!" when we say something like that we don't like the ACA or don't agree with immigration reform? Just sit there and stare at them? Agree? There's nothing left to do but get defensive, there is just too much weight behind the word and the terminology on what IS and ISN'T racist is SO vague that you just can't be sure. It's just not fair and therefore not right.

What I was stating is that in my experience, I've encountered more people accusing others of "pulling the race card" than people actually "pulling the race card," particularly on ATS. I wasn't insinuating anything about you specifically, I was actually directing my disgust at rickynews who can't put together three sentences without making disparaging generalizations about some group or another.
edit on 2014-5-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justwatchingyou
a reply to: Wookiep

What discussion is there to have when this is what you believe?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

At that point you're right..Looney tunes man..Wonder why your comment hasn't been deleted as being off topic yet.

LOL

Lol what's your point? My point in that thread is the same as my point here, which is pretty close in line with the OP's point. Just because you want to find hate and racism in everything doesn't make my posts off-topic.

PS- Read that thread and pay attention! You just might learn a thing or two.

edit on 14-5-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Indeed, the race card has been pulled a lot lately (in the US) by peoples of all ethnic backgrounds. I recently heard a radio show where the commentator pulled a line "...because I'm white, I can't get any justice if I get beat up by blacks."

Perhaps it is the Obama Admin. thats fueling this crap, with the help of CNN and FOX, of course. Divide and Conquer, a divided US, in terms of race, etc., will never topple the puppet government in power.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

What I was stating is that in my experience, I've encountered more people accusing others of "pulling the race card" than people actually "pulling the race card," particularly on ATS. I wasn't insinuating anything about you specifically, I was actually directing my disgust at rickynews who can't put together three sentences without making disparaging generalizations about some group or another.

You don't get to decide who is doing what. That in itself is the problem.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

This is often said and is such a stereotypically sunshine and rainbows thing to say. Children absolutely see differences and even comment on them. What children do not do is draw conclusions without outside info or experience.

Now if a child sees a person that looks different, experiences negative results from dealing with that type of person and then further notices that all those people live in a certain neighborhood. Is that child a racist because of this empirically gained perspective?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
The term race or racist has now been so diluted its a pointless nasty choice of word(s) now used to simply avoid revealing that you have little or no argument holding water. Now we have racism being thrown in to every argument and in 99.9% of cases its used utterly incorrectly by stupid people or by design to muddy the waters.

Personally, the second I hear a person use the race card I lose any sympathy with them and abandon their case..

My least favourite users of the race card are *some* black Americans who live on welfare, in a country where opportunity is open to all to educate and improve yourself there's still one set of folks who feel its their duty to blame someone else and simply slum it, yet these people who drop the race card with ease often sit in pretty damn good situations with cars (I don't have a car), housing, money to waste on drink and drugs, designer shoes, expensive phones yet apparently they are put down by the white man.

Well I'll be happy to leave the UK to be put down by anyone if I'm going to get that standard of living.

But then again I have some self respect......As does my black wife who is miles better educated than myself, simply because she applied herself, the choices were there.

Race, so often the excuse to be lazy or try and take advantage..
edit on 15-5-2014 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I totally agree with you. This is racist, that is racist, your words are racist, she looks like a racist, I bet everyone over there is racist......on and on and on.

I told a poster in another thread that I have a picture of an old plantation home hanging up in my den with some black folks picking cotton in the fields.

I was promptly told that it was a very racist picture. Even though a black man had given it to me. He owns the very same picture that he gave me. Ones mans racism is anothers culture. What you might consider as racist I might consider as totally normal.

Besides, how the hell can a picture be racist?

edit on 15-5-2014 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Now if a child sees a person that looks different, experiences negative results from dealing with that type of person and then further notices that all those people live in a certain neighborhood. Is that child a racist because of this empirically gained perspective?

I've always asked the people who say "nobody is born racist" why does it exist then? If it was taught from one generation to the next then how did it get started?

It can absolutely be a learned behavior but I think most people still think of modern humans as somehow better than that. Truth is we are really not.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I don't think there's any doubt that the words of racism are getting to the point of extreme overuse and that may well have a crippling watered-down effect regarding racism as a whole as more people lose respect for what it stands for.

One thing troubles me heavily regarding racism:

From what I understand(never been), in the prisons, one is forced to choose their own particular race-gang as the ones they are members of. To me, this indicates that at the core of our most primal societies lies forced segregation and I worry this makes attempts at integration and the eradication of racism, not only impossible, but that inevitably, civilization will turn more this way as I think sooner or later, we will live in a much more hostile/post apocalyptic (non-religious) type of scenario on this planet again due to any number of disastrous possibilities.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

originally posted by: JuniorDisco
I don't see the race card being played that often, in the sense of someone shutting down an argument by calling the other person a racist. At least not as often as I hear of the card apparently being played. Could you give me a recent example?

WHAT?!?!?! You must live under a rock. It gets played by Liberals daily. If they don't get the desired result with the racist card they also typically resort to Class Warfare (aka hate the rich) and one of their all time favorites "you're all homophobic closet gays".

And yet it is apparently difficult to find an example of it being played. Note I don't say it never is, but that it isn't employed nearly as often as people seem to claim.

Perhaps you could point to a specific place where calls of racism are used to shut down a debate?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

It can absolutely be a learned behavior but I think most people still think of modern humans as somehow better than that. Truth is we are really not.

Then we have a really big problem ... because humanity is clearly defined by the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, specifically Article 1 ...

UDHR

Article 1.
•All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Therefor there are two conditions that people MUST meet to even be considered Human!

If one is racist, then one is not being conscientious or reasonable and therefor that person is a monster and NOT a human being.

One can LOSE their humanity and it is almost impossible to get it back!

The "Truth" therefore is that most people are NOT HUMAN!

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Justwatchingyou

How do you have a discussion of things if you aren't allowed to post on both sides of the issue?

If we are discussing illegal immigration, how can we discuss it without airing the arguments against allowing those who broke the law to just stay here?

If we are discussing gay marriage, how can we discuss it without letting those who have contrary views to air their views?

The answer is that we can't which is why it's so tempting for the one side to throw out the "card." When you do that you effectively stop everything from one side of the discussion.

But there are arguments which rely on racism, and it is not playing the "race card" to point that out. It is a valid rebuttal.

For example

"I think immigration from Mexico should be curbed because let's face it most of them are criminals" is a (poor) argument in the immigration debate, but it is poor precisely because it is racist. The evidence it relies on is wrong, and based on prejudice. It is not "playing the race card" to point out its dubious basis.

If the argument were "I think immigration from Mexico should be curbed because it is placing undue pressure on infrastructure" then it is not valid to posit this as racist. But it seems difficult to fond examples of the race card being played in these instances. Can you show me one?

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Have you had any luck finding the post that plays the race card in the thread you linked to? You seem not to be able to respond which makes me think that perhaps you have over estimated the "race card's" prevalence.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JuniorDisco

I've been off line all night. Sorry my whole life isn't ATS. I do have one outside the internet. And I've already told you that I'm not going to give you a post of someone pulling the race card since I'm not trying to name names. No point dragging someone unrelated to the discussion through the muck.

But if you want a real example, just read this thread. It happened to me from two different posters. I was called racist for just making this thread.
edit on 15-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I've been off line all night. Sorry my whole life isn't ATS. I do have one outside the internet. And I've already told you that I'm not going to give you a post of someone pulling the race card since I'm not trying to name names. No point dragging someone unrelated to the discussion through the muck.

No need to name names, just point to the post.

But why don't you admit that the real reason you won't is because it doesn't exist?

But if you want a real example, just read this thread. It happened to me from two different posters. I was called racist for just making this thread.

No you weren't. You were called racist for your prejudicial views. And neither poster "played the race card" or attempted to 'shut down the debate' by doing so. For what it's worth I think you have some slightly retrograde opinions that do look a bit racist, but I don't think you're a pillow-wearing KKK'er.

I'm not sure it's that relevant, except that these "constant" race card pulls seem very elusive. And particularly rare in proportion to how worked up people with certain views seem to get about them.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Fine. Believe what you want. I've provided my proof. Take it or leave it. I brought up this matter and was called racist for it. If you don't want to believe that is exactly what I was talking about, that is on you. It looks like you will feel the same way about any other examples I bring up so I shall not be assisting you with this request anymore. Feel free to continue with any other part of the discussion though.
edit on 15-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

We've done it to ourselves. They helped, though.

I call myself a realist. I give everyone a chance regardless of what race or religion they are, but I still hold what is considered racist views. Everybody does. I think it's totally natural and will always be. It's just the way things are and the more it changes the more it stays the same.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Pont52

my guess is you are hearing a white person, and white people say it more because TBTP have stirred the pot and everyone is feeling the affects of the anger.

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Justwatchingyou

The OP didn't want conversation. He wanted stars for his belief - he wanted to see how many agreed with him and were waving his flag.

OH please, this is the tactic people use to stifle the issue.

Reading the OPs post on other topics, I highly doubt he is a racist.

edit on 083131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Fine. Believe what you want. I've provided my proof. Take it or leave it. I brought up this matter and was called racist for it. If you don't want to believe that is exactly what I was talking about, that is on you. It looks like you will feel the same way about any other examples I bring up so I shall not be assisting you with this request anymore. Feel free to continue with any other part of the discussion though.

You haven't brought up any examples. Your first one doesn't exist and your second one is you being called racist for saying things that are a bit racist.

Way to make your point.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join