It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the 'god' of this world hates most: "do to others as you would have them do to you"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The god of this world wants you to live in pride. He wants you to feel like you are better than others, or worse than others.

Do you want to be a "good" person? Then do these rituals and follow these rules and you will be "good", and you will be rewarded. Everyone else is evil so you are better than them. Do you want to be a "bad" person? Then follow these rituals and rules (which is against the 'good' person's rules) and you will be rewarded by the 'evil'. Everyone else is weak and a slave for following rules and you are better than them.

What is the connection between the two? Feeling like you are better than others and that the other side should not exist, and that you will be rewarded for believing this and trying to get rid of the other side. Although the "good" person may try to be humble, the "good" person is also falling into pride because they believe that their way is the right way, everyone else is wrong and therefore they are all evil and inferior. So they fall for the same trap as the "bad" person, just in a different way.

There is only one true way to escape this yin-yang cycle of good and evil. This harmful battle between 'this side' and 'that side'. A person should feel like they are 'better than' anyone (bully mentality) or that they are 'lower than' anyone (slave mentality).

"Love your neighbour AS yourself". "Treat others AS you would like to be treated".

Equality. Justice. Empathy.

The 'false' god of this world who deceives people from the One True God (whether you call the imitator Satan, Devil, Beast, Iblis, whatever), this being (force/type-of-mind) does not like Equality and Empathy (Love / Compassion). Why not? Because then the person will not be full of Pride trying to gain power over all others and hurting them.

God is ONE, The Body of Christ, Unity, Oneness, Christ Consciousness, God in The Heart, The Holy Spirit Within The Temple of The Body...

This is what the demiurge/false-god/devil hates, because when people are Balanced like this in the Peace of God, seeing others as equal rather than lower, then they cannot be manipulated. He wants people to believe that they are better so that they can fight against each other and destroy themselves and others (like in wars for example).

Now, if you do not believe in God or The Devil, you can also see this as metaphorical, because this is not just Spiritual but this is Mental as well.

God (Love, Mercy, Light, Compassion, and Empathy - promoting Unity and Equality)

Satan (Hatred, Revenge, Darkness, Cruelty, and Indifference - promoting the lack of care for others and seeing them lower)

edit on 13-5-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If we include the Old Testament then I would describe god the way you described satan at the end.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Yes sir very good, that is eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, instead of the tree of life, which is Christ

God is ONE, The Body of Christ, Unity, Oneness, Christ Consciousness, God in The Heart, The Holy Spirit Within The Temple of The Body...

Matt 23
4“They tie up heavy burdens and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are unwilling to move them with so much as a finger. 5“But they do all their deeds to be noticed by men; for they broaden their phylacteries and lengthen the tassels of their garments. 6“They love the place of honor at banquets and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7and respectful greetings in the market places, and being called Rabbi by men. 8“But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9“Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10“Do not be called leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ.

Here we have the comparison between Tree of knowledge of good and evil eaters, vs. Tree of Life

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In Romans 7 Paul talks about a war between the spirit and the flesh.
He says the Law gives opportunity for sin because it says to not covet, then it gives you all sorts of ways to covet that are then so many more ways to sin.

In the gospels, Jesus says when you go to an event, don't pick out the best seat in the place as if you deserve to be the most honored guest.
If you were to ignore that advice and take that seat, anyway, would that be coveting?
Seeking honor then in itself could be a sin if it has to be rationed out and you are quick to grab your share first, before anyone else arrives who might actually more deserve it.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If there is a god then he needs dethroned.
It says in the bible that "god is a jealous god and no one should put *any other god before him*".
So this means that there are other gods. Now, why would we want a god that lets people-children-get cancer and suffer and die? A good women puts her kids in a mini-van then pulls out on the road and all of them get killed by a drunk driver. What the hell kind of god would do that???Why is there sickness? Why did god take my mother??? I have a serious problem with the whole religious thing right now. If there is a god and I ever meet him, I will try my best to slay him and get a better god in there. This god has got to go. /of my stupid rant about fantasy
edit on 13-5-2014 by Fylgje because: forgot something

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

The God I know does not curse, He does not Kill, He is not jealous

What you are speaking of is the god of this world, whether it be an actual being (satan), or a force, or a lack of love/light, or our own darkened mind that cannot see. Thats up for debate, but if I hear what Arpgme is laying down, this is what he's saying, that it is not God, the high God, the creator of all the sustainer of all that does those things.

Those are very difficult issues that many wise men have struggled with for a long long time. I don't have any better answers than most. Some say that these problems arise from the dominion of man---Adam. That our collective (carnal) mind creates these problems. That our collective mind is the Satan, the Destroyer.

[1Co 2:5, 7-9, 16 KJV] 5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. ... 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, [even] the hidden [wisdom], which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known [it], they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. ... 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
the word Princes above is Archons

I'm sorry for the loss of your mother and all the hurt you've had to go through. I wish my words could ease that hurt. But my words are only a fragmented version of the Tree of Life. Only you can eat from the leaves which are for healing of the nations(you).

edit on 13 5 2014 by zardust because: added prince-archon

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

This god has got to go.
There might not be a better one out there.
I'm sure that things would only get worse if we didn't have God, and I mean the real God, and not the one a lot of people promote, which is an invented description of what they think a god would be like.

And sorry about your mother.
I lost mine at a young age from a car accident.

edit on 13-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgmeThere is some truth in your op. You may want to look further and wonder why the god of this world exist and why the true god as you claim would need this yin yang system. What happens when we are all in the middle and the extremes no longer exist? I get the sense from your op that you have taken sides yourself with what you believe to be truth. I am trying to get a grasp on what your idea of how things should be and the plan for everyone to come together. Will there be mind altering drugs involved? Perhaps we are getting something we need from both sides in order to shape us into what is my question.

You have to ask yourself what you really believe. If you believe that we are trapped in this place we call earth and there is life beyond this place then death would be your way out of here and way back home. That would mean that the violent god is on your side. That would also mean that the god of peace and oneness striving to end death and give immortality is trying to imprison you. How long would we be stuck here if what i say was true? What if you have a family waiting for you on the other side? could we be in a backwards system where bad is good and good is bad. Imaging all the people that get attached of there surroundings and fear death so much that they revert to trying to change a system they can not change. At least they would be busy. The mindset of someone that believes in creation and that gods exist but can't see the possiblity of other creations in limiting to the soul.
edit on 13-5-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: zardust

Those are very difficult issues that many wise men have struggled with for a long long time. I don't have any better answers than most. Some say that these problems arise from the dominion of man---Adam. That our collective (carnal) mind creates these problems. That our collective mind is the Satan, the Destroyer. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I sense some (much) wisdom in you.

I really enjoyed the way you expressed this struggle, your position and what Satan could be.

Very sensible and intelligent approach.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Love your neighbour AS yourself". "Treat others AS you would like to be treated

Consider how you love yourself. Do you give yourself everything you want? Are you always perfectly accepting of every whim that your self desires? Do you see yourself doing things that you don't like?

Do you sometimes have to stop yourself from doing things that you are forced to admit just aren't good for yourself?

There are many ways to love oneself. Sometimes, we have to chide or correct ourself lest we continue in error or sin. Even Christ said, "Go and sin no more." Once you realize you are walking the wrong way, it's your responsibility to correct that walk and find the right path again.

So if we love our neighbors AS we love ourselves, would we do less for them if we see them going astray?

Understand that it's not our place to tell them they're condemned, only God judges, but certainly a loving neighbor would tell you where you are going astray. Love our neighbor AS ourselves. We correct ourselves to keep from going wrong. Do we also do the same for our neighbor? Or do you contend that correction of self is hatred of self?

And when we look to do unto others, do we stop to consider how THEY might like to be treated? Or do we proceed to treat them as WE want to be treated?
edit on 13-5-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Religion is such crap. Why chain your consciousness to dogma?

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

Did you know the only time the word religion is used in the bible it refers to caring for the widows and poor?

Otherwise yes I agree religion is crap. Revelation on the other hand is the source of life. And I'm not talking about the book but the unveiling of the divine life in you and me.

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

The god of this world wants you to live in pride. He wants you to feel like you are better than others, or worse than others. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Alternatively, The god of "the other world" says we shouldn't love this world nor anything in this world. Human beings, neighbours, other people, ourselves—all are of this world and in this world. Do not love them, for only the "god of the other world" requires your love and service.

posted on May, 16 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: arpgmeT
You have to ask yourself what you really believe. If you believe that we are trapped in this place we call earth and there is life beyond this place then death would be your way out of here and way back home. That would mean that the violent god is on your side. That would also mean that the god of peace and oneness striving to end death and give immortality is trying to imprison you. How long would we be stuck here if what i say was true?

Have you heard of Trans-humanism? They are trying to find a way to use technology with the human body in order to get immortality.

originally posted by: ketsuko

Love your neighbour AS yourself". "Treat others AS you would like to be treated

Consider how you love yourself. Do you give yourself everything you want? Are you always perfectly accepting of every whim that your self desires? Do you see yourself doing things that you don't like?

Whenever I'm in pain, I do whatever I can to ease that pain. I am Kind and Gentle to myself, so with this same mindset I must treat others.

If I am doing something that causes pain to myself, then I will try to gain Wisdom about what it is that I'm doing that's bringing pain into my life. By treating others as myself, I will offer them Wisdom that I learned and Advice (but forcing people to do things against their will is Not how I would like to be treated so I don't dare to treat others in that way).

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

Everything I'm saying makes as much sense even if you don't believe in "God" or "Satan". There are many people who believe that they are better than others or that they are lower than others. This is more than The Spiritual that I am talking about but also The Mental (The Psychological). I am not promoting any belief because I tried to be respectful to other people's beliefs (or lack thereof) in this post.

top topics

join