It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery Channel Heads Deep Into Siberia In Search Of Russian Yeti On Sunday, June 1

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Like others, never seen that image before in context of their claim. Not to mention the Russian 'yeti' is an Alma... and they arent even really like Yeti or Bigfoot from descriptions. Far more like what people picture neanderthals like (ie hairy brutish looking wildmen)... not to mention from the accounts the Alma are pretty shy and reclusive.

Seriously doubt (if any still survive today that is) that Alma killed the Students... you might was well say Siberian Mammoths killed em.

Oh how far the 'Discovery' Channel has sunk...
edit on 31-5-2014 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: RUFFREADY

Looks like an entertaining watch. Thanks for sharing, dude!

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: cestrup

Looks like an entertaining watch. Thanks for sharing, dude!

Your very welcome!! One more day!! I'm so excited lol

I'm all caught up on. "Mountain Monsters", One funny show I must say!!

posted on Jun, 1 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I don't want to be too pessimistic, but has anyone looked at the Discovery Channel's lineup leading up to the special?

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

I agree with your remark about the Discovery Channel.After the mermaid show...it was all downhill.

I too have never seen the photo in question before.IMHO,the arms are way too short to be a yeti/sasquatch.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'm very selective about what I watch on the Discovery Channel anymore...

Or the History Channel...

Or ESPN...

Or ...

Or ...

Still, I'm DVR'ing this one. My interest is piqued. The subject matter, due in no small part to my own experiences, is endlessly fascinating.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
So what did everyone think of the show? I just finished up watching it on my lunch today. I thought it was very good. I don't want to put in any spoilers here but I have been a long time believer due to personal experience. Not with me directly but I have an uncle and a friends father who swear to the Gods they have seen Bigfoot.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation
I will have to watch a replay.
I saw the interpreter, then I fell asleep.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Did any of you see Les Stroud's (Survivorman) 2-part series on searching for Bigfoot? The video footage of the creature was the most compelling I've ever seen. It featured a close-up of the face. Unlike the blueberry-pancake eating Bear Grylls, Stroud comes across as the real deal. Enormous respect, there.

Funny, I was "all over" bigfoot until recently. Now that I've read all three of Paulides' Missing books, I'm not so sure.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure yeah I saw the two parter those close ups were cgi all to apparent as far as the yeti killer discovery ran It was crap this same story was about ufos a couple years ago this time there was footprints and no radiation where before bodies had radiation no foot prints other than the victims im getting sick of these mockyoumentalies discovery and co. are running lately really hurting the efforts of real researchers I guess they think we don't notice when they spoon feed us crap then change the label and feed us some more

posted on Jun, 3 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: yetiford

I am unfamiliar with what makes CGI "all too apparent." Would you please explain why you believe the video footage was "CGI?" It's a serious thing to accuse someone of fakery, even in this day and age. I'd just like to understand the reasoning behind it.

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
For being a mockumentary I thought that it was pretty good considering all the facts in it were real. The only thing that was fake after watching it was the stupid story they presented with it. I mean what kind of dumbass would go out and try to do the exact same things that got the other people killed in the first place. Other than that the facts I knew were real combined with other facts that seemed truthful were interesting.

Add to that there was a REAL documentary afterwards about only the facts of the Dyatolov pass afterwards and that they exhibited the photograph as real too, that kind of caught my attention. How come they've had in the vaults the negatives still attached to each other with the crazy lights from the last one and forgot to show people the negative of the snowman taken by the group as their second to last pic??

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: graceunderpressure just take a close look and you will notice the out line is far to crisp for filming in the woods the "creature" was way to clean like it just took a bath and brushed itself out so it could pose for this pic not a single hair out of place come on it lives in the woods and although it was a nice touch the eye blink was way slow oh there it is behind a behind a bunch of trees and then its perfectly visible ready for its close up never trying to get out of there and where was mama only really interesting part was the bent trees don't be too quick to jump on anything you see on pay t.v. "specials" they know they can make some money off of us that are interested in undiscovered animals I myself have been looking into these things for thirty+ years and I feel its a serious thing to keep presenting fakery as fact even in this day and age

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

About 1/2 way through this 2 hour special I got seriously worried. Worried it was going to be another Mermaids: A Body Found "faux-umentary."

It's rather sad to see Discovery stoop to such levels. I've been meaning to look up the incidents because I don't really trust Discovery to appropriately air truthful programming of nature let alone cryptozology.

It was way too dramatic and less fact oriented. That's what was tiring about it. I'd rather watch more Les Stroud/Survivorman Bigfoot. (Hopefully he does more.)

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I thought the show was excellent, although let's face it, anything short of producing an actual yeti is going to be disappointing. But they went to several locations in Russia, they interviewed several old-timers including friends of the hikers and the rescue party, Mansi people (spelling?), and looked at newly released evidence. Some of the information, like the huge footprint, they said had never been in print before. In fact I had heard there were no footprints, which was a big part of the mystery.

They ventured into several dangerous situations without even a crew and only gave up when a guy with a shotgun gave up. I thought the theory they presented, of a missile enraging a normally reclusive yeti, made as much sense as any, because how can any of this make sense. I did wonder how not a single one of the hikers could not have escaped, unless there were more than one yeti, especially if the hikers scattered. And it doesn't explain the inhuman cruelty of removing eyes and a tongue....

There were other missing pieces, such as the military connection, but maybe they didn't want to push their luck in getting Russian authorities to cooperate. The military boot could have possibly been traced to an individual or at least some sort of troop or division.

The clinchers for me were the diary entry "Now we know the snowman exists," and the photo, especially being matched with the negative. Sure, it seems odd that they never noticed that negative before. But it is explainable. The negatives were produced during the processing, and archived. When the processed photos were released, the yeti one was not published. Maybe the holders of the negative should have checked that they were all there, but being that they seemed to be a lot of pictures of trees, they never thought to. It took a little logic on the show's part to realize that the photos were too random to be random, if you will, and they were shooting those trees for a reason.

I would say that compared to the majority of the so-called groundbreaking investigations that tease the audience endlessly, this was much better and it did actually contribute to the information on the case. Let s/he who can produce something better cast the first stone!

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I watched it a couple of days ago and found it to be of some interest. My mother texted messaged me and told me she had to turn it off she found it too intense for her. I'm going to give the show another go though before making a solid opinion.

I did see the part where they present the image. I was under the assumption that only one image was captured from their cameras, so I'm not sure about this.

posted on Jan, 5 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
More relentless bullsnip from Discovery...pathetic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join