It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casting Call: The Tinfoil Helmet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Do you have issues?

Do people often ask “what is wrong with you?”

If so, I may have just the gig you are looking for...

I am in the process of developing a new live call-in show for ATS Live Radio called “The Tinfoil Helmet”... a comedic look at the weird and bizarre news found on ATS, and the internet in general. I am looking for people that have a sense for the sarcastic; a nose for the nonsensical and that can think quickly on the fly... and have enough restraint to stay within T&Cs...

Chemistry is vital for the success of a show of this format; anyone interested must be ready for Skype chats several times a week as part of the interview process. I need at least two quality smart asses and a good “straight man/woman” to set up gags as well as keeping the rest of us “in line”, so to speak... and two or three subs that are willing to jump in at a moments notice.

I want this to remain minimally scripted, so the ability to ad lib is a must... and those who get offended easily need not apply...

Anyone interested need only strap on the tinfoil headgear, and shoot me a U2U!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Sorry but the thread you're suggesting is already against the t&c for the site. Good luck with that. See you in the , 404 zone. a reply to: madmac5150

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Sorry but the thread you're suggesting is already against the t&c for the site. Good luck with that. See you in the , 404 zone. a reply to: madmac5150

What? Why would it be?

Man, if I had the gear to help with this I would be all about it, I meet all you're criteria madmac. Shame really this would be uber fun to do!

Good luck with the search man!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I think the OP is already a crew member of one of the ATS Live radio programs, and is looking to add to the current programming.

That being the case, they are looking for ATS members to fill the roles.

Des

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I fail to see why it's against the T&C..

Madmac, if this idea comes through, it would nice to listen to !!

Good Luck !!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Hey now--- I could that!

After all I see dead people---

Oh wait, that's just my sister in law without her makeup on---

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
A smart a$$ at ATS ?

Its the worlds largest collection of smart a$$es.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

What? Why would it be?

Man, if I had the gear to help with this I would be all about it, I meet all you're criteria madmac. Shame really this would be uber fun to do!

Part of my evil, twisted plot involves lots of member participation... so don't think you are off the hook that easily

The main intent is to have a little fun... doom and gloom gets old.

I do want to stress this one point now... this show will not be mean spirited in any way, shape or form. The only members that may feel ridiculed at all will be me and potential co-hosts... but, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Like a real audition? Still seems to be asking for trouble. I get called cynical or a troll on a daily basis and have made more than a few members angry. This seems to ask for that on a grand scale. I just don't see anything good coming from it. That or it will only be cynics and clowns and we need a martyr to play against. h reply to: Destinyone

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

What? Why would it be?

I know, right? I'd consider myself a quality smart ass, but it's my mouth that gets smart all the time.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Okie! You know my name if you ever need a quality buffoon to make poop jokes on the radio!

(did he really say "poop jokes")

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
Do you have issues?

and have enough restraint to stay within T&Cs...

I'm out of the contest, Jerry!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: madmac5150
Do you have issues?

and have enough restraint to stay within T&Cs...

I'm out of the contest, Jerry!

Well, that's because you aren't master of your domain.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Oh I'm soooo up for this! I can very easily laugh at myself (and others as well), that and my NY tough guy accent would make me a good part of the crew. Sign me up!

ETA: I'm also good at ranting and raving about things lol, look at my I hate statistics video
Oh, and I DO have a tin foil helmet too!

edit on 5/10/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC
Homer Bud! Ya got my vote! LOL!!!
My prob with this is that My raves usually go the sick/gross, dirty, #in smart ass disgusting category. If I could control my Mouth a little better, I'd #in apply! LOL!!!!!
Oh and I should add, @$%@@^ # # #!!!!
I usually tell people I'd rather be a smart ass, than a dumb ass! Although I fall into the latter at times as well. O #ing well, who doesn't sometimes, Right?!!?? LOL!!!!!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here is my rant:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Like when the radio here does the morning segment on 'stupid criminal stories'?? I think those are fun. I hope you are able to do it. I can't help .... The sjogrens leaves me without a voice capable of that a lot of the time. But I do wish you luck with your pilot episode and the big 'sell' to folks ...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I am looking for people that have a sense for the sarcastic; a nose for the nonsensical and that can think quickly on the fly... and have enough restraint to stay within T&Cs... - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I qualify for all but the T&C part. Best of luck...this is one I might listen to.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

doom and gloom gets old

Nah never enough good ole Gloom n Doom!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

“The Tinfoil Helmet”... a comedic look at the weird and bizarre news found on ATS"

In the uk we have tv shows like - Have I got News for You. Those shows are very clearly created to teach the viewer to laugh at news that SHOULD make them angry!

I hope thats not what your up to with your idea?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join