It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Tour of The Smithsonian Museum On Your Desktop!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+59 more 
posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hi guys! Here is a virtual tour of the Smithsonian Museum room by room. It is really something with a 360 degree viewing by using your cursor. You could easily spend days/weeks looking at everything. Follow the blue arrows on the floor to move into new rooms.

Shows the inside and outside of the museum and there are little cameras which show detailed info on certain things. If you click on the floors (upper right corner) you get a floor plan of that floor and you can click on a blue circle and go directly to that room.

This is a truly incredible web site.

Watch it in full screen when you open this up. Use the roller on your mouse to move in and out. Look for the "arrows" on the floor and click on them. They take you to other places.

Enjoy!

www.mnh.si.edu...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Amazing. Thanks for sharing this.

Interesting factoid:
The total number of objects, works of art and specimens at the Smithsonian is not certain, but is estimated at nearly 137 million, including more than 126 million specimens and artifacts at the National Museum of Natural History alone.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: OrionHunterX

Oh WOW

You can even read the information on the info boards. I don't even have to go now lol

The detail in everything is amazing!!!!

Thank you for this indeed, just what I wanted to have.

Thank you kind sir

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Thank you so much for this wonderful site you have found. I was lucky enough to visit one time and I spent 1 day there and 1 day at the air and space museum and I was disappointed that I had to go before seeing everything. I could have spent a week going through these museums and now you have given me another chance. Star for you buddy!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

that is really cool thanx for sharing

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It's like being a fly on the wall in an exhibit of flies on the wall. Thanks for the link and being thoughtful enough to share it. I may add this one to my sig, for easy grabbin'.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=17905444]Aleister[/pos

tat is a really god link! I ad a quick look,, will go back in later for an extended look around!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Fantastic! Thanks for posting this! Now, I don't have to pass the time on ATS! LOL

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Very hip!! Thanks for heads up.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Amazing!!!!!!

I needn't spend a fortune visiting it now!!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Awesome. I like the high resolution images and easy navigation.

A VR tour done right.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
ooh...this sounds something i could lose a week or two i'm sure

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Wow, that was fun and fascinating!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Be the night shift security guard in that place....best job ever.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
My kids have been on this all morning now. I finally had to kick them off the computer! lol

Thanks for the Link! Awesome

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

They should make a movie about it!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Wow.. Very very cool. Thanks for sharing this. I can't wait to get off work and check this out later today. It is not quite as impressive on my phone as it will be on my desktop. I wonder how long it would take to check out everything.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Fantastic! Thanks for posting this! Now, I don't have to pass the time on ATS! LOL

Ha ha thats what I was thinking. Ive spent that last 2 hours exploring the site.....love it!!!!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Can someone tell me where the toilets are ?

Great site !

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oh, that is so sweet of you to share this! I went there decades ago as a very young Girl Scout. I could not figure out at that time how to find the dinosaur exhibit, so I missed out on the main thing I wanted to see. I've never had the opportunity to go back, so I am hoping this link will allow me to browse that area. I don't have time to utilize the link right now, but have sent this thread to my inbox for later usage. I did a quick search and see that the dino exhibit was being closed down for 5 years for renovation, beginning last month. I hope this does not prevent 'us' from viewing that area.

Again, thank you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join