It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Americans are bound by the Constitution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Every other country still has poverty and an increasing disease rate. So there is not a single country on this world that has lived up to the ideal that all humans are created equal with the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend about this. If there was a country that was doing better than America, I would want to move there. But there is not. Every country has poverty, crime, disease, and so much more, and not a single country is making a serious dent in eradicating the (needless) human suffering in this world.

One of the reasons that America is failing to do so is because Americans disregard their own Constitution, but worse, our own government is disregarding our own Constitution. Really, what country in this world today would want to try things the "American"-way?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: iosolomon

Every other country still has poverty and an increasing disease rate.

are you for real?

Really?

There are about a dozen countrys that have better standards of living than the USA!

New Zealand, Norway and Sweden come to mind!

I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend about this. If there was a country that was doing better than America,

Read above!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Every other country still has poverty and an increasing disease rate. So there is not a single country on this world that has lived up to the ideal that all humans are created equal with the unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend about this. If there was a country that was doing better than America, I would want to move there. But there is not. Every country has poverty, crime, disease, and so much more, and not a single country is making a serious dent in eradicating the (needless) human suffering in this world.

One of the reasons that America is failing to do so is because Americans disregard their own Constitution, but worse, our own government is disregarding our own Constitution. Really, what country in this world today would want to try things the "American"-way?

FOR THE LAST TIME IT'S
"that all humans are created equal under GOD. PERIOD. NOW CONTINUE With and are Endoued with etc,,

STOP MAKING # UP to suit your self rightousness.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome
Actually only men were "created equal". From the Declaration of Independence.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

We ladies had to wait a bit longer for equality.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It does not matter if they have "better" living standards. They STILL have poverty. And you cannot call that "better." Really, I ask, why is this so hard to understand?

Sweden? Sweden? You are going to use Sweden? That country is an utter joke. Why don't you actually do some research about Sweden.

New Zealand? Eh. You cannot call them "better" but you can say "separate."

LOL! Norway is as corrupt as America is. My goodness.

I asked, "Are you people just trolling me?" I really think you are...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

Yeah ok.......

Go cry over your flag or something Im through here.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

Citizens has a nice ring to it...

U.S. Citizen.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

STOP MAKING # UP to suit your self rightousness.

The OP is the same bloke who authored this thread where he claims:

I am the reincarnations of King Solomon, Abraham Lincoln, Julius Caesar, the Prophet Isaiah, the Prophet Daniel, Emperor Hirohito, Emperor Yama (an ancient Chinese Emperor who 20 million Chinese are direct descendants of), a Russian Czar (who killed the doctors for failing to heal), Emperor Kefka (from FFVI, but that was based off an ancient Korean Emperor), Krishna, the "original" Dali Lama, and Jesus Christ.

I am God. I am Allah. I am Shiva.

Must be tough work being all those at once lol.

I wouldn't put much any stock in what this bloke says whatsoever.

Kind of reminds me of an acquaintance I once knew who was up to his eyeballs in various drugs and tried to convince everybody he was the reincarnation of Vlad the Impaler!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I wouldn't put any stock in what this bloke says whatsoever.

And that is called the fallacy of "poisoning the well" and/or "ad hominem." Does it matter what my religious beliefs are? NO! So you shouldn't even be bringing that up here...

It is funny how you the last two posters have evaded the substance of my argument...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

It is funny how you the last two posters have evaded the substance of my argument...

I put my core argument forward.

USA is not the only good place to live in world.

New Zealand and most of Scandinavia offer living standards on par or better to the USA, no perfect but certainly not worse than the USA.

You argument the USA is the only good place is flawed.

The only thing the USA currently leads on is military spending, debt and prison population.

If you cant see that then there is no hope for you or the discussion.

And Krtyies has a point your introduction post indicates someone with multiple personality disorder. Id get that checked out.
edit on 10-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

I put my core argument forward.

USA is not the only good place to live in world.

???? Show me where I said the USA was a good place to live...

You argument the USA is the only good place is flawed.

Yeah, you royally misunderstood my argument...

The only thing the USA currently leads on is military spending, debt and prison population.

And all these things violate the Constitution. (Well, the military spending only violates the Constitution since it comes at the expense of We the People. It is Constitutional to spend money on the military, but to have over 100 bases worldwide when we have poverty, disease, and failing education makes this amount of military spending unconstitutional.)

If you cant see that then there is no hope for you or the discussion.

If you can't comprehend the point I was trying to make, which you clearly did not, then there is no hope for you or your discussion.

And Krtyies has a point your introduction post indicates someone with multiple personality disorder. Id get that checked out.

And what does my mental state have anything to do with my point that the Constitution should be binding to all Americans? Krtyies point is called P-O-I-S-I-O-N-I-N-G T-H-E W-E-L-L and / or A-D H-O-M-I-N-E-M. If you don't know what those mean, because I did mention those words in my last post, then go google them. I know the point Krtyies was making, but the question I asked, "What does that point have ANYTHING TO DO WITH this thread?" Do you understand that?

So remember, you called me arrogant for saying that the Constitution should live up to and protect the ideal that all humans are created equal with the unalienable rights of Life, Liberty, and Happiness by becoming binding on all Americans.

I asked you to explain how that was arrogance. You told me that other countries have "better living standards" than the USA. But that doesn't answer my question. How is it arrogant to say that Constitution was created from the blood spilled for the Declaration of Independence?

Now, perhaps, you can actually add something worthwhile to this thread...
edit on 10-5-2014 by iosolomon because: plural / singular noun verb disagreement (aka typo)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Lol. Anything including said law, is bound by Article 6. The Constitution does not protect you from laws being made in error. It tells you to ignore them completely, as they are null and void. Want case law for that? It is still the supreme law of the land.

The proper order to apply is the Declaration of Independence, then the perpetual union of the Articles of Confederation, then the more perfect union, the US Constitution. And all of them had Common Law as the core. Combine them together.

Tell us, what rights do I have under common law, which is also still the law of the land.

Anarchist. Follow the law.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I disagree with your entire premise. The Constitution does two things:

1. It sets a framework for our system of federal government; and
2. It sets limitations on that government.

Your premise that "all Americans are bound by the Constitution" is just not accurate. Only our government is bound by the Constitution; by contrast, it actually sets no limits or "binding" authority in individual Americans.
edit on 10-5-2014 by LanceCorvette because: to add a phrase for clarity

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Does the OP know that the constitution of the USA was based on the magna carta written in 1215.
I think the OP is a little naive in what he believes.
OP freedom wasn't just invented by the USAers we had it 799 years ago.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Cheers for the heads up...leaving now

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pissy Lord, where to begin. First, check into the Constitution site. Next, read what James Madison offered as amendments to the Constitution, that got sort of added and rejected in some cases. He specifically states that the Constitution derives all its power by borrowing from the people, as individuals, not the States or anywhere else. The protection was meant to be two way. The Colonies had been ruled by an elite minority, the Crown. They recognized that the majority had to be protected from such elite minorities, and minorities needed protection from majorities. So, a small Jewish congregation in an otherwise, totally Christian town can build a meeting house and meet in peace and security, despite the opinions of a majority of the town.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I am disappointed by the level of decorum, respect and discussion coming from so many of the brand new accounts here on ATS.

As for the OP, your interpretation of the Constitution is at odds with the Supreme Court, the Legislative and Administrative branches of the government, as well as an informed laymen's study of the document.

Perhaps this is an opportunity for some sober second thought.

The Constitution is not an instrument for you to bludgeon people over the head with if they don't agree with you.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
as well as an informed laymen's study of the document.

Is there such a thing? Where does the laymen get his information from? You can design a study to prove whatever you want, you can design a laymen to say whatever you want.

The Constitution is not an instrument for you to bludgeon people over the head with if they don't agree with you.

I never said it was. I only said it was binding to "We the People," including private entities...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Does the OP know that the constitution of the USA was based on the magna carta written in 1215.
I think the OP is a little naive in what he believes.
OP freedom wasn't just invented by the USAers we had it 799 years ago.

Does it matter what it was based on? What matters is what it says. I mean, would you make the argument that the Declaration of Independence was based on Thomas Jefferson's prejudiced viewpoint of "men" that only included white men? Of course, I wouldn't mind that argument since it would give more fuel to why the Black People should have their own revolution, but "all men" includes women and all races...

and "We the People" includes all ""We the People..." So I don't know how you take these words to mean something else...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

Actually only men were "created equal".
We ladies had to wait a bit longer for equality.

Actually, I disagree. In certain languages, the masculine is used to refer to "men and women," like Spanish. The same thing is being used here with the Declaration of Independence. Although women did have to wait much longer for their declarational rights, I contend that they should not have had to wait any longer than 1776. I posted another thread about why the Declaration of Independence should supercede the Constitution. And hence, All Americans should have ensured that women had their declarational equality. Of course, I wouldn't mind writing a new Declaration of Independence to fix that confusion, but like the masculine in spanish, men includes both men and women in english.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join