It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can Suggest Targets for NASA's Mars Viewing Space Telescope HiRISE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Citizen Scientists of ATS unite!

Why should the professionals have all the fun? After all, you helped fund it right?

You can now suggest targets for NASA's High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera on the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter currently orbiting the Red Planet.

As part of NASA's Citizen Science initiative the HiWish program was launched.

You can sign up here and start suggesting targets today!

www.uahirise.org...

Mars not that interesting to you? Want to try your hand at something else? Well NASA has a great Citizen Science Page where you can do everything from help spot planet forming debris disks around other stars to classifying galaxies to spotting exoplanet candidates in Kepler data to classifying the types of signals SETI receives in real time.

Perhaps YOU will help make the next big discovery.

NASA Citizen Scientist Page
edit on 9-5-2014 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I Wonder If the Suggested Coordinate to the Temples, Obelisk, Pyramids, and Sphinx Will Be Searched???
Then This is A Good Idea. But I am pretty sure that isn't gonna happen, so this is a two thumbs down okay idea at best.

Regards,
edit on 9-5-2014 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

I'm not signing up but I would suggest the Valles Marineris , there are a couple of interesting features there I would like to see in Hi Rez ....like this.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Arken, this is your bread and butter! Hopefully the telescope won't break from all the locations you ask for.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamhobo
Arken, this is your bread and butter! Hopefully the telescope won't break from all the locations you ask for.

It's on the table...

Subscribed....

And Some location have no references....

S&f.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'm not signing up but I would suggest the Valles Marineris , there are a couple of interesting features there I would like to see in Hi Rez ....like this.

I highly encourage you to sign up so you guys can suggest targets for some of the stuff you think is anomalous. So often then conspiracy narrative is that NASA won't photograph stuff. Well now you can tell them to.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Those unusual features are not there, that's what happens when a 3D image is based on height data that is not precise enough.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Arken

Arken, I am afraid that 'they' will creatively alter objects in the pictures you did ask for. An other possibility is that 'they' will explain to you that the satelite can not take images of the desired location because the orbit will not allow it... Or more of such tactics to avoid undeniable evidence of an ancient civilisation.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
a reply to: Arken

Arken, I am afraid that 'they' will creatively alter objects in the pictures you did ask for. An other possibility is that 'they' will explain to you that the satelite can not take images of the desired location because the orbit will not allow it... Or more of such tactics to avoid undeniable evidence of an ancient civilisation.

I have some interesting "Hot Spots" and hope that this experiment is not a fraud for children that show only doctorized, photoshopped, old images...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I see that some people think this is a new thing, but the first of the 15534 suggestions presented is from 2005-07-06.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
I see that some people think this is a new thing, but the first of the 15534 suggestions presented is from 2005-07-06.

Yep, not new, but newly promoted. Emily Lakdawalla of the Planetary Society mentioned recently that the camera has been freed up a bit more so they will be actively looking for more suggestions via HiWish.

I just thought that many of people interested in Mars imagery on this forum be aware of it. I've seen comments previously like "why doesn't NASA take pictures of stuff we're interested in". Well they do and this is one way ATSers can get involved in that process.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

No offense but that looks like data compression artifacts more than alien artifacts.

That said, Valles Marineris should be and is being studied for a lot of other very good reasons.

top topics

join