It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm telling ya man... Zombie's is really Real!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

This is my wife. Except she works nights. So ill be standing in the kitchen in the evening making supper (which I will end up packing for her to take with her). I hear the bedroom door creak open, and 2 short little legs come shuffling down the hallway and through the kitchen.

The other day, speaking of that....I asked her what was wrong. She said, "What do you mean?" I pointed out that she was obviously frustrated about something by saying, "You keep getting short". She looked at me just KNOWING i was making a joke.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
HardCorps,

Just make a pot of Navy Coffee. That way she will be wide awake by the first sip, not the first pot.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Had to log back in just to give you a S&F for that one.

I think I've dated a zombie or two when put in that perspective.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

According to Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes.... If a feeding frenzy is about to occur, a pbj will suffice if eaten in an extremely messy manner.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hoagy1199

Dude, isn't this the same one that took away your "MAN" pants? Just kidding, I'm not a morning person but I can form a complete sentence early, before coffee; it just may not be something you want to hear. Good luck and make strong coffee, it helps.

Don't get me going on my Man Pant's! or lack there of...
Gurrr to the ladies trying to turn me into a metrosexual...

But they do feel soooo soft and cozy... Rut-Roo... I maybe suffering from to much estrogen in my house!
HELP ME.....Ahaaaaaaa.....

For those of you who don't know what were talking about... it's from another story I wrote over Christmas called Give me back my 'MAN' Pants
edit on 9-5-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My wife's a Nurse but with the shortage of trained nurses she doesn't have a real set of working hours.
like we just had a small storm come threw and there was a number of unexpected accidents. so rather than do her shift and go home she ended up pulling 48 hours at the hospital before they let her go.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
After reading your story I have come to the realization that I may be becoming a Zombie. You have describe some of my symptoms to a tee.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

My wife did that back in the day (long hours), but 48 hours is beyond what would be legally allowed for paid work (volunteer work is a different matter).

She works psych. Nurses are in short supply there, too. But during an oil boom, all labor is in short supply. Nursing school enrollments in the area decline during boom years, but during the bust years everyone who was laid off from the oilfield goes into nursing school.

An old LVN i used to work with once told me, "I have done all manner of work, but my nursing license has always been my meal ticket that I keep in my back pocket".

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

She didn't work the full 48 hours straight... they have a little room set aside where they can sleep eat take a well needed break. yeah she's there at the hospital and getting paid for every minutes she's there... but she's not working the ER the whole time

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Nooooo... Not another one...

Seems the infection rate is growing rapidly!

Pretty soon will be over run!

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

ahh...like a resident type situation.

That is a sweet deal, then.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Breakrooms as they are are great; but you are still available. 48 hours in ER would make anyone a zombie. I would make her a good dinner at this point, let her sleep and offer a loooooooooong massage.

I've done 24 hour tours in ER and really don't want another and I work animals. Give your wife a well deserved pat on the back from me just out of respect.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: hoagy1199

Oh I take good care of her when she pull those killer shifts...

but what you don't know is they really don't want to pay her more over time than they can get away with. yes she pulled a 48 stinker. worked two days straight... got her 40 hours in plus 8 more in one go...then had the rest of the week off.

now that's not a bad deal

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Ah yes, the world we live in today. "You got your 40 and more, go home." (then, when she gets back..."where ya been??")

Good luck mate, I wish you and the family well.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

It's the T.V. man-- that's my opinion. The more T.V.
a person watches the greater the slow metamorphosis.

I see zombies all over the place, but mostly sitting in
front of the T.V.

I feel sorry for them, and I'm sorry they obsessively seek
out brains, but they aren't getting my brain!

Rebel 5

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join