It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peruvian Gold: Ancient Treasures Unearthed - A National Geographic Museum Event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Probably it's the only chance you'll have in your life to see these wonderful objects in the USA. Peruvian museums cooperated to put together this collection. It's not gonna happen again for a long time. I hope some of you can go.

Rich natural resources in ancient Peru gave rise to the earliest Andean civilizations. Building on that wealth, skilled artisans crafted extraordinary and beautiful objects, including gold ceremonial and funerary masks, beakers, and jewelry, rivaling anything made by the ancient Egyptians.
Archaeological finds over the past half century have begun to put these magnificent objects in context. Visitors will learn about the latest techniques for excavating tombs and examine how technology is offering new insights into the complex civilizations that existed in ancient Peru. The exhibition will journey through civilizations from 1250 B.C. to A.D. 1450, learning through the ceremonial gold, silver, ceramics, and textiles created by these sophisticated peoples.

Peruvian Gold:
Ancient Treasures Unearthed
Date April 10, 2014 – September 14, 2014
Location Washington, D.C.
Price Exhibition included in Museum Admission; Adults - $11; Members/Military/Seniors (Over 62)/Students/Groups (25+) - $9; Children (Ages 5-12) - $7; Local School & Youth Groups (18 and Under) – Free

ATS should send Staff there and make a report and video.

events.nationalgeographic.com...
edit on 8-5-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
what i'd like to know is this... if dragons are mythical, how were the peruvians, 2000 years ago, able to draw them so that we recognise what they are today? love stuff like this, thanks for the vid, unless they come to the uk i'll probably never get to see them, but nice to see them on youtube at least

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyteeny
what i'd like to know is this... if dragons are mythical, how were the peruvians, 2000 years ago, able to draw them so that we recognise what they are today? love stuff like this, thanks for the vid, unless they come to the uk i'll probably never get to see them, but nice to see them on youtube at least

Yes, I noticed too those dragons...., peruvian cultures are always intriguing.

I really hope this collection can go to UK one day. I'm aware how much British appreciate ancient cultures.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Aaargh! I would love to see this!
Thanks for posting, Trueman, I'll keep my eyes open for this in the future should it ever come over the sea!

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Thanks for posting, Trueman, I'll keep my eyes open for this in the future should it ever come over the sea!

Lets hope all this gold doesn't end up refilling the empty Fort Knox vault.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: beansidhe

Lets hope all this gold doesn't end up refilling the empty Fort Knox vault.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Be great to go see these. Not all cultures made such extravagant things, I also like looking at any ancient rock carvings or ancient artifacts. Not everyone was an artist, their creations were just as important for me to see.

new topics

top topics

join