It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we eat to starve cancer? - William Li

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is pretty amazing research. And possibly a cure for cancer for good.
For those of you that can't watch. Basically Li has done the research into anti-angiogenesis which is finding a way to starve cancer cells.
The video shows how they've used this therapy to cure cancer in some animals.
And further goes on to show how we can use certain foods that are anti-angiogenesistic to help starve cancer cells.

btw for all you wine lovers. it has anti-angiogenesistic properties. so drink up.

William Li presents a new way to think about treating cancer and other diseases: anti-angiogenesis, preventing the growth of blood vessels that feed a tumor. The crucial first (and best) step: Eating cancer-fighting foods that cut off the supply lines and beat cancer at its own game.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Some interesting work by Otto Warburgh.
Link to link between cellular PH and cancer growth.

Chemo therapy is highly expensive painful, damaging to the body and extends life by about 6 weeks.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If you compare cancer rates and the overall health of doped up America to healthier nations, whats the difference? Its all in the diet.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Chemo therapy is highly expensive painful, damaging to the body and extends life by about 6 weeks.

It's definitely painful and bad for the body, but I was diagnosed 12 years ago with a malignant Brain Tumour. I've had 4 chemotherapy courses over the years, on my 4th at the moment. So you can live a lot longer than 6 weeks if your treatment is right and you fit enough to battle the side effects. I must admit its getting tougher as I get older and less fit, but I'll take the chemo and the 12 years over the alternative. If someone could provide a pain free healthy way of holding back my tumour I'd take it. Most people are a bit vague when it comes to alternative cures for malignant Brain tumours.

I look into alternatives, like anti vegf treatments, which starve the tumour cells of energy en.wikipedia.org...-VEGF_therapies

edit on 7-5-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Some interesting work by Otto Warburgh.
Link to link between cellular PH and cancer growth.

Chemotherapy was not painful for me and can extend life for many, many years, not just 6 months. It has been a year and a half since my last chemo treatment. I have known people who have gone on for twenty years and are still alive after chemo.
edit on 7-5-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have to say this about eating healthy foods...
When I was going for my chemo treatments, there were always two of us in a little room at a time. I spent much of that time conversing with other patients. Many of them were shocked that they even had cancer because they ate healthy or organic foods, lead a healthy lifestyle, exercised and yet there they were with cancer. I mean, I'm sure there would be far more cancers if everyone had a lousy diet, but there have been plenty who did all the right things and got cancer anyway. Hard to understand.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Molybdenum and garlic or onion. This combination can cause a reduction of copper. Also strawberries work, as long as they are not treated with copper sulfate to preserve them. Don't forget making a soup out of a meaty soup bone. They have beef cartilage which will stop the growth of blood vessels in tumors, which shrinks them. Shark squalene, also a cartilage, also works but many people are intolerant to that for some reason. Copper stimulates blood vessel growth

So just eat homemade beef soup once in a while, the chemical is heat stable up to the heat of making soup. Just make sure to have some veggies in there when you boil it, it brings down the boiling point.

Another way is to make the mutated tissue die slowly by promoting atopsis. Celery can do that but it also can destroy some regular cells if consumed too much. Don't be drinking a real lot of celery juice from a juicer, it can lower your bp too much. Also rutabaga promotes cancer cell death in the pancrease and some other organs, it also contains growth hormones that help regular cells repair.

The best way is to keep your energy levels up and avoid eating too much chemistry that protects cancer. Eat some pineapple or grapefruit once in a while, it breaks down the mucus that protects cancer. Not too much though, it also destroys the mucus layer in the intestines and lungs. Too much bromelain is not good. Bromelaine is also used to clarify some beers and boozes. It's properties are not heat stable above about 105 degrees though. Canned pinapple has very little of this left. Canned grapefruit juice has a little left, not nearly as much as a grapefruit. I do not know if irradiating fruit would destroy this compound. similar proteinases exist in nature but I do not found if any of these will work. Seems to me that spruce gum should help also with this, or pine needle tea.

These system work if you incorporate them routinely in your diet best. Moderation needs to be observed. Beef soupbone soup every couple of weeks, grapefruit once a week. Pineapple once every month A little rutabaga in the soup and once in the while scraped. The growth hormone in rutabaga does not appear to tolerate heat well.
edit on 7-5-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

If you compare cancer rates and the overall health of doped up America to healthier nations, whats the difference? Its all in the diet.

It's not always as easy as that. Wealthier nations are better at diagnosing cancer than those countries who can't afford decent health care. Denmark has a really high cancer rate, but this is because they are the worlds best at diagnosis. Not down to an unhealthy lifestyle.
edit on 7-5-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Possibly or maybe not.
It could be what they think is healthy food is actually gmo crap.

Here's a great article.
www.nytimes.com...

One day in 1976, Moraitis felt short of breath. Climbing stairs was a chore; he had to quit working midday. After X-rays, his doctor concluded that Moraitis had lung cancer. As he recalls, nine other doctors confirmed the diagnosis. They gave him nine months to live. He was in his mid-60s.

Moraitis considered staying in America and seeking aggressive cancer treatment at a local hospital. That way, he could also be close to his adult children. But he decided instead to return to Ikaria, where he could be buried with his ancestors in a cemetery shaded by oak trees that overlooked the Aegean Sea. He figured a funeral in the United States would cost thousands, a traditional Ikarian one only $200, leaving more of his retirement savings for his wife, Elpiniki. Moraitis and Elpiniki moved in with his elderly parents, into a tiny, whitewashed house on two acres of stepped vineyards near Evdilos, on the north side of Ikaria. At first, he spent his days in bed, as his mother and wife tended to him. He reconnected with his faith. On Sunday mornings, he hobbled up the hill to a tiny Greek Orthodox chapel where his grandfather once served as a priest. When his childhood friends discovered that he had moved back, they started showing up every afternoon. They’d talk for hours, an activity that invariably involved a bottle or two of locally produced wine. I might as well die happy, he thought.

In the ensuing months, something strange happened. He says he started to feel stronger. One day, feeling ambitious, he planted some vegetables in the garden. He didn’t expect to live to harvest them, but he enjoyed being in the sunshine, breathing the ocean air. Elpiniki could enjoy the fresh vegetables after he was gone.

Six months came and went. Moraitis didn’t die. Instead, he reaped his garden and, feeling emboldened, cleaned up the family vineyard as well. Easing himself into the island routine, he woke up when he felt like it, worked in the vineyards until midafternoon, made himself lunch and then took a long nap. In the evenings, he often walked to the local tavern, where he played dominoes past midnight. The years passed. His health continued to improve. He added a couple of rooms to his parents’ home so his children could visit. He built up the vineyard until it produced 400 gallons of wine a year. Today, three and a half decades later, he’s 97 years old — according to an official document he disputes; he says he’s 102 — and cancer-free. He never went through chemotherapy, took drugs or sought therapy of any sort. All he did was move home to Ikaria.

The body is complex and everyone is different. But possibly the environment as well as food can be a deciding factor.
edit on 7-5-2014 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How about Guanabana?

No-one mentioned that yet.....

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Wow I play too much league of legends, when I saw the title I was like "what? scarra talks about eating"

Not many of you will understand that reference and the irony behind this, I hope some do.

Ok on the topic, I hope this really works and we can soon be able to do something more "healthy" against cancer instead of treating it with ways that actually make you feel worse.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

What you said is true, but as an American and a healthcare worker its pretty clear to me that Americans are pretty much begging for cancer based on lifestyle choices.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Sometimes it may not be so much what you eat, as what you don't. After fasting for a period of days, the process of autolysis begins. This is when your body begins digesting itself for energy. The first cells to go are the diseased ones. I am not aware of any solid studies on the effectiveness of fasting in preventing cancer, but I think it is worth looking into.

new topics

top topics

join