It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Quietly Tightens Reins on Web With ‘Bloggers Law’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

(post by DrinkMoreWater removed for a manners violation)
(post by DrinkMoreWater removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
MODERATOR NOTE:

ENOUGH!!!

The original topic will be discussed here and the off topic bickering will stop or the thread will be closed.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sooooo, back to the topic at hand.

I guess we'll just have to see if passing laws that appear to slowly chip away at our freedom will come back to haunt us. Personally, I think it will.

But I could be wrong. Russia might very well be the only country in modern history that's, for the most part, doing it right. However, from what I've seen, Russia looks a bit more run down and a little more behind than the USA, with certain exceptions of course * coughs * Detriot. But hey, that doesn't mean much. They could spring ahead of us in no time. Seriously. Not being sarcastic.

In all honesty, if I was trying to maintain control over my people and culture because I felt threatened regarding how the west appealed to them and or influenced them I'd be doing the same thing Putin is. Still doesn't make it a good idea when it comes to the mass populace. If I believe Putin is Satan (which I don't), I should be allowed to express my opinion, no matter how ridiculous.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kronzon

Russia also has a history of killing their own soldiers in World War 2. They arrested nearly 700,000 during the war and killed over ten thousand in front of their own comrades.

Don't remember the US or other Countries treating their own soldiers in such a horrific manner. It was however on Stalins orders but I don't think there's a lot of difference in the mind set between Stalin and Putin.

I originally thought it was due to Stalin being worried that the returning soldiers would bring back to many ideas from the west but not able to find a source for this, but I will endeavour to find it.
edit on 8.5.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

edit on 8.5.2014 by flammadraco because: Spelling

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

And that's the country with which Snowden was best pals.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Russia's 20th century history is a bloodbath. Stalin murdered "Thousands" of his own officers, scientist, doctors etc due to paranoia. He also created two famines in the 1920's and 30's killing tens of millions of his own people.

Such a great country.

I think Mikhail Gorbachev and Boris Yeltsin were the first and last great leaders of Russia. Putin is taking Russia back to the days of Stalin.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: swanne

Russia's 20th century history is a bloodbath. Stalin murdered "Thousands" of his own officers, scientist, doctors etc due to paranoia. He also created two famines in the 1920's and 30's killing tens of millions of his own people.

Such a great country.

I think Mikhail Gorbachev and Boris Yeltsin were the first and last great leaders of Russia. Putin is taking Russia back to the days of Stalin.

I disagree. At least with the wording. Putin is not taking Russia back to the days of Stalin. He's taking them into a modern age of Stalinism. But I get what you're saying.

And as for this Swanne guy with Hebrew on his avatar, you people know nothing of tyrannical governments. Your people have never been oppressed! Lol j/k buddy. I had to do it. So kidding.

Look, I'd rather live in Russia than Venezuela. I'd rather live in Russia than Somolia. I'd rather live in Russia than most places in the world if I had to choose. For the time being though, I'm good. Nor do I reject and give up on my homeland as quickly as some people *coughs*, DrinkMoreWater. It's pun time!

Mass censorship, which is what this thread is really about, just can't and won't turn out good in any country. War or no war, if you have to silence your own people's opinions then something's not right. As well, for those people think an all powerful entity such as a super power like America and Russia won't turn on its citizenry at any given moment, no matter how great or small, needs to go back and take a history lesson.
edit on 8-5-2014 by Kronzon because: Typos

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join