It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voice Of God.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Can you hear the voice of God of Jesus? Jesus said his sheep hear his voice. John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

So what is Jesus saying to you? I can't hear his voice myself so I guess i'm not a sheep. If you could tell me what God is saying to you it would be like myself hearing the voice of Jesus and I could follow him. Sorry i'm making fun of you.

But I do wonder what God says to people. What language does he speak? It's highly likely that God doesn't exist but what does that mean for people who claim to hear his voice?

Do you claim the name of Jesus? Do you hear his voice? If someone could hear the voice of Jesus they would be powerful.

I'm just wondering what Jesus is saying to people. Let's find out. Also if you post that you hear the voice of Jesus you will probably be ridiculed and labeled. Are you prepared?

So what is Jesus saying to you? Are you a sheep that hears his voice?

What does Jesus talk about.

Leeda

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I heard the voice of Jesus earlier today. He said "Yo gringo...pass me that nail gun."

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: leeda

Well Alex, I think I will solve this for 100 points and I will say "Metatron." When we think we're hearing the voice of God, we are actually hearing Metatron. I know Alex that sounds like a fancy Transformer from the movie, but seriously, look it up, Metatron is the voice of God.

And that concludes my Game Show questions for the day ;-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/7.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

What he meant was that his words will ring true to his sheep...

Many are just confused by what he said... to some his parables make no sense, but to others they are quite clear...

Jesus isn't God by the way...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I heard the voice of Jesus earlier today. He said "Yo gringo...pass me that nail gun."

I thought you were going to say hedge clippers or pool pole....

Teasing!!! I am only teasing.

I would have never thought he would use the word gringo though. That's not exactly PC and I am not quite sure how I feel about it. I will have to let it marinate for a bit.
edit on 5/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Again taking a jab at Christians with providing absolutely no context for the verse quoted, and expressing a gross misunderstanding of what's going on.

Jesus is not saying that people hear his voice in the "schizophrenic" sense. He's saying that his followers listen to him and heed his words.

He was describing the difference between the non-believing Jews and the believing Jews. He was talking to and about his contemporaries. John 10:27 in no way implies that modern Christians should be experiencing auditory hallucinations.

It's almost like Atheists draw verses out of a hat and come up with the most ignorant interpretations of them that they possibly can.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

You are right but that doesn't mean Jesus is unable to speak to someone if he wanted.

What's with the demon pic as your avatar though? :S

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RevelationGeneration

That's Ganesha.

You may see me in the forums defending Christians or attacking Atheists (depends on how you look at it), so many people instantly assume I'm a Christian.

I'm not.

I'm not a Hindu either. But I like elephants.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

how does one hear that which the mouth did not utter?

Rom 2:15
Jer 31:33
Heb 8:10
2 Cor 3:3
Psa 40:8
Luke 16:15
(..etc)

/gives ganesh a peanut

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: leeda
Can you hear the voice of God of Jesus? Jesus said his sheep hear his voice. John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.

So what is Jesus saying to you? I can't hear his voice myself so I guess i'm not a sheep. If you could tell me what God is saying to you it would be like myself hearing the voice of Jesus and I could follow him. Sorry i'm making fun of you.

But I do wonder what God says to people. What language does he speak? It's highly likely that God doesn't exist but what does that mean for people who claim to hear his voice?

Do you claim the name of Jesus? Do you hear his voice? If someone could hear the voice of Jesus they would be powerful.

I'm just wondering what Jesus is saying to people. Let's find out. Also if you post that you hear the voice of Jesus you will probably be ridiculed and labeled. Are you prepared?

So what is Jesus saying to you? Are you a sheep that hears his voice?

What does Jesus talk about.

Leeda

God can speak audibly & in English. Seriously!

But the Son of God is not God... if you 'hear' the Son, you understand who he was speaking to [you!] and what he meant when you read all of his words in the Bible. As he himself said, God told him what to say and he said everything the Father told him to.

Just because you can 'hear' his words and understand them, does not mean you are powerful - usually you're an ordinary, run of the mill, man on the street type of person.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Jesus is in Heaven, He is God and Man

You cant hear Christs voice, you may hear the Holy Spirit quietly prompt your conscience, your attitude or actions. Like me you will probably ignore Him till its to late

God doesnt talk in audible voices, God uses the word in His text to speak for Him

but He could, Id be very careful, we (Christians) have the Holy Spirit, who is God, working inside of us.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Based on my understanding acquired by meditation I have perceived that thoughts enter into my mind from the frontal cortex and if not grasped, exit the mind at the occipital lobe. As for the inner dialogue, or what others may know as our inner speech, I have perceived this coming upwards into my mind from my heart center.

Now as for the voice of inner wisdom, the voice of God or whatever you would like to label it, I have perceived coming from the direction of the cerebellum but exits nowhere.

The best explanation I can give as to what it's like to experience is this voice announces itself the same as a thought or inner dialogue would but instead of coming in the form of a question it comes in the form of a Truth, a definitive answer that changes your perception of Reality. You always know it's a Truth because the moment you receive it your entire body becomes energized and you have a moment exactly the same as when you have an epiphany and feel that rush of excitement. The difference being that the inner wisdoms Truth will be about something you have personally never contemplated or an answer to a problem that you felt you could never figure out on your own followed by an overwhelming feeling of motivation to accomplish whatever task this Truth may lay upon you. One last thing, these Truths can always be verified as long as the information pertains to current times and sometimes they may come with inner visions as the information is being understood by the one receiving it.

Hopefully you'll get a better understanding from this explanation.
edit on 7-5-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RevelationGeneration

So it is ok for you to attack all the Hindus by calling Ganesha a demon but If anyone attacks your faith its off to hell for them?.

Back to the OP I have an inner voice sometimes advising me but I feel it is still me not anything or anyone else and I think people get that mixed up and think it is a higher power when it is nothing more than Jiminy Cricket your conscience
edit on 7-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Dude, that is the funniest thing I've read in while I literally laughed out loud. Good one.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

The bicameral mind is a good search term to help understand what the voice of God is.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

What he meant was that his words will ring true to his sheep...

Many are just confused by what he said... to some his parables make no sense, but to others they are quite clear...

Jesus isn't God by the way...

Depends on your definition of god.

I am sure he had the an extreme connection to the source and an understanding of the source that few spirits in human flesh have experienced while on earth.

OP. The only thing I get from the spiritual plane is harmony and oneness (highest level of loving feeling). Feels very nice.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: RevelationGeneration

You are right but that doesn't mean Jesus is unable to speak to someone if he wanted.

To be a labeled a demon it has to have ego demonic behaviors. You will always know if the being is divine vs demonic by their fruits/works. It is the inside that say if the being is demonic or divine. Not the outward appearance.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The bicameral mind is a good search term to help understand what the voice of God is.

Except for the fact that it (Bicameralism) has nothing to do with gods, ghouls or anything like that.....

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Buddhi (Knowledge) Ganesha is considered to be the Lord of letters and learning.[86] In Sanskrit, the word buddhi is a feminine noun that is variously translated as intelligence, wisdom, or intellect.[87] The concept of buddhi is closely associated with the personality of Ganesha, especially in the Puranic period, when many stories stress his cleverness and love of intelligence. One of Ganesha's names in the Ganesha Purana and the Ganesha Sahasranama is Buddhipriya.[88] This name also appears in a list of 21 names at the end of the Ganesha Sahasranama that Ganesha says are especially important.[89] The word priya can mean "fond of", and in a marital context it can mean "lover" or "husband",[90] so the name may mean either "Fond of Intelligence" or "Buddhi's Husband".[91]

Aum Ganesha is identified with the Hindu mantra Aum (Telugu:ఓం, Tamil:ஓம், Sanskrit:ॐ) also spelled Om). The term oṃkārasvarūpa (Aum is his form), when identified with Ganesha, refers to the notion that he personifies the primal sound.[92] The Ganapati Atharvashirsa attests to this association. Chinmayananda translates the relevant passage as follows:[93] (O Lord Ganapati!) You are (the Trinity) Brahma, Vishnu, and Mahesa. You are Indra. You are fire [Agni] and air [Vāyu]. You are the sun [Sūrya] and the moon [Chandrama]. You are Brahman. You are (the three worlds) Bhuloka [earth], Antariksha-loka [space], and Swargaloka [heaven]. You are Om. (That is to say, You are all this). Ganesha (Devanagari) Aum jewel Some devotees see similarities between the shape of Ganesha's body in iconography and the shape of Aum in the Devanāgarī and Tamil scripts.[94]

First chakra According to Kundalini yoga, Ganesha resides in the first chakra, called Muladhara (mūlādhāra). Mula means "original, main"; adhara means "base, foundation". The muladhara chakra is the principle on which the manifestation or outward expansion of primordial Divine Force rests.[95] This association is also attested to in the Ganapati Atharvashirsa. Courtright translates this passage as follows: "[O Ganesha,] You continually dwell in the sacral plexus at the base of the spine [mūlādhāra cakra]."[96] Thus, Ganesha has a permanent abode in every being at the Muladhara.[97] Ganesha holds, supports and guides all other chakras, thereby "governing the forces that propel the wheel of life".[95]

A personification of the spiritual process within a human body as it start to awaken to feeling it's soul and the divine.

I do in fact love the things Ganesha is supposed to represent. Maybe I should try a life as a Hindu some time seeing it from their view.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Metatron is also a geometrical design. By all means, Google it.

edit on 7-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join