It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bought an E Cig/Vape Set Up Today...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

If you have everything you need already, then set a date to quit, and make sure on that date you don't have any cigarettes in your house.

The date setting thing is what every psychologist tells you to do for quitting smoking, its part of the mental prep.

Until you get to that date, spend a few days learning how to use your e-cig, its not as easy as all that, or so I found. So learn how to use it - try vaping here and there and make sure by the date you set you know which flavors and which strength to use etc.

While there are recommended strengths for smokers who are used to x-brand and x amount of cigarettes a day, what strengths and what flavors work best vary for the individual.

I was a 2 pack a day marlboro red smoker who found 18 mg/ml works best, although I may try a bottle of 12 next time just to see if that does better... which is weird because by all rights 24 mg should not be strong enough for me - but that is too strong, and I was reading on another forum someone say they smoked lights and were a 1 pack a day smoker yet they require more nicotine than me... you just wouldn't expect that.

For me it took an extra week to a week and a half to work out what flavors (or non-flavors) I can use and at what strengths...

I "vape" just like I smoke. I did my date setting for a full quit date, and two weeks prior to that I quit smoking in the house... started going outside.. which cut my smoking in half.

Now I vape just like that... when I start craving a cig I just go outside and "vape" until I don't want to anymore. But the going outside is up to you... I simply vape exactly like I would smoke...until I am satisfied and no longer want a cig.

It's been three days now since I have had even one cigarette. I was determined to quit, and simply did. It's easier to do though without any cigarettes in your house.
And I'll be perfectly honest... I don't even want one. The e-cig is working for me beautifully.

I think it's important to mentally realize, your not replacing a cigarette with a cigarette, you are quitting cigarettes and substituting the habits formed from smoking, while getting off nicotine. The habits are hand to mouth actions, deep breathing and exhaling, taste, and more. For me, since it is different than a cigarette, I didn't try to replace the flavor of tobacco... but the taste is never why I smoked in the first place so there is that... which part for you was most addictive though you will want to make sure you get, and if it was taste well you can replace that too.

Replacing the long time habits are the biggest reason why these e-cigarettes are working though... its something nothing before has ever been able to do.
edit on 19-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: lovebeck

It's been three days now since I have had even one cigarette.

I highly recommend reading 'The Easy Way' by Allen Carr.

He provides a perspective on smoking that showed me it was easier to quit smoking than it was to continue to smoke!

Some really good ideas here that you can utilize regardless of which smoking cessation system one chooses.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
nvm. no point saying anything.
edit on 19-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join