Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Bought an E Cig/Vape Set Up Today...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
SO I bought an ECig set up today. There's a store near my house and that's all they sell. You can sit at the bar and try the different flavors.

After talking to the clerk about my tobacco habit he suggested I go with the 12mg liquid, so that's what I got.

Now, how the heck do I go from tobacco cigs to the E Cig?

Any advice is welcome on how I can become tobacco free after like (eeek) 24 years.

Please, if you're just going to troll and tell me that the liquid is full of Chinese Arsenic or something, just resist the temptation. Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Congratulations on kicking the habit, i have been using ECig for three months now ( 20 a day habit) and have really seen some serious benefits. Although for my first week i used other smoking aids to help me through until all i needed was the ECig.

keep it up ^^

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
My first advice is... you can do it!!!

You can. When I bought my set up, I put the cigarettes down all together. I am going on a year cigarette free. I smoked for over 20 years. 1 - 3 packs a day. Eek!

The only thing that helped me was mentally telling myself that I was still getting my nicotine. Every time I wanted to reach for a real cigarette, I took a minute to tell myself over and over that I was still getting the same thing the cigarettes gave me.... without all the added chemicals and toxins piled on top. You will want a regular cigarette just out of habit. Mentally shake yourself and remind yourself that you are still getting what your body craves. You are getting it in a different way, but the effects are still the same.

After a few days or weeks you will then start to mentally remind yourself how long it has been since you've been without a cigarette and what a shame it would be to waste all of that time and go back to smoking again.

That's all the advice I can give. It's what worked for me. Stick with it... YOU CAN DO IT!!

Keep having conversations with yourself throughout. It will get easier.

Good luck!!!

ETA- don't give up if you have a hard time finding something you want to vape all day. It took me several months to find a liquid that I really enjoyed vaping all day every day. Sometimes it takes a while to find what you really like. Hang in there and you will find it. You may also find that smoking the ejuice that tastes like tobacco makes you want a cigarette even more, don't be too weirded out to try some of the more different favors out there.

I never smoked ejuice that tasted like cigs. I found a good grape flavor and that's what I have stuck with for months on end.
edit on 5/6/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
12Mgs isn't much..you must be a very light smoker. Best to get like 24+ if your a pack a day smoker to start with, then work down from there.

You will find your rhythm. Some people wait till they are craving nic before taking hits, some do constant hits so they never crave nic, etc...if you haven't quit yet, try different options to see when your triggerpoint is.
Also, smoke ciggies in inconvenient places beforehand...do you smoke by your desk? don't..make it to where you have to go outside, perhaps even to the edge of the property for a cigarette..this is so you don't identify certain actions with smoking, but instead see it as a inconvenience...that is the best place to start. Then it will simply be easier to do the e-cig in the familiar comfy spots verses all that work going out there...

But yeah, might wanna go back and get some much higher nic content stuff...

I haven't had a problem at all quitting after 26 years of 2 packs a day. Trick is to simply do it though, the decision to finally drop em all once and for good is the hardest part.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Richay699
Congratulations on kicking the habit, i have been using ECig for three months now ( 20 a day habit) and have really seen some serious benefits. Although for my first week i used other smoking aids to help me through until all i needed was the ECig.

keep it up ^^

With all due respect, I don't think the OP has kicked the habit just yet if you read the post. I'm still trying to figure out the transition myself.

ETA: star and flag for the request for info
edit on 6-5-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
After 18 something years of sigarrets smoking, now i bought the cheapest version of e-cig to test it out what the heck it is and i have to say it does work, i have tried to quit smoking before but failed each and everytime but now it was so easy, i quit smoking sigarrets immedietly but after month i start to smoke 1-2 sigarrets per day, not bad but i just need stronger e-cig with better battery to get by even better.

Oh yeah forgot to add that i bought vanilla flavour, its good basic taste for me, 18mg nicotine strenght and its quite strong, i dont need any stronger myself. Cant remember the e-cig name but it maybe have lowest battery strenght of 350mah or something like that, im going to get 1300mah battery with my next e-cig setup.
edit on 6-5-2014 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Congrats and most importantly keep it up!!! Don't think you fell off the horse if you have a smoke, the ultimate goal is to stop, but can be hard in times of intoxication. Find a flavor that works for you, something that would be even if you will, more of a treat to smoke on than a traditional cancer stick.

Last advice, the vaping community is really strong, find others in your area that will help encourage you breaking the habit. As easy as starting smoking was by hanging around the people I did when I was younger, quitting smoking has also been something people and I have in common in my current daily life which has really helped.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Now, how the heck do I go from tobacco cigs to the E Cig?

Trust your device, trust your decision and keep your batteries charged.

When in doubt, trust your device, trust your decision and grab a fresh battery.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I have been looking into this for some time and finally found a local store that has everything I need to get started. I have my kit picked out and everything, but I have a question for those of you who have already made the transition from cigarettes to vaping:

If I am a fairly heavy smoker should I try tobacco flavored juice when I first try to make the switch? I see they have all kinds of crazy flavors but for right now I just want to get off "analog" cigs. For those that have already done this and smoked regular cigs, did you find a certain flavor helped?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I really like the flavor of tobacco so when I switched to vaping I gravitated towards the tobacco flavors. I like to try all of the different variations on what is called "RY4", which is tobacco with caramel. A good lemon menthol hits the spot too.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
I have been looking into this for some time and finally found a local store that has everything I need to get started. I have my kit picked out and everything, but I have a question for those of you who have already made the transition from cigarettes to vaping:

If I am a fairly heavy smoker should I try tobacco flavored juice when I first try to make the switch? I see they have all kinds of crazy flavors but for right now I just want to get off "analog" cigs. For those that have already done this and smoked regular cigs, did you find a certain flavor helped?

I would definitely recommend going with a tobacco flavor for a while. It's a psychological thing... you are still getting the nicotine, but without the flavor and the "hit" that you get from the flavor, you will psych yourself out and think that you're not getting anything out of it. Been there, myself.

As far as what tobacco flavor, it's entirely dependent on what cig you currently smoke. There's a TON of different flavors out there, though, so I am sure you can find one that will be a close approximation.

For me, it was a mixture of virginia and RY4... had a hint of a caramel flavor to it, with a nice sweetness as well.

Now I mix my own in various flavors depending on my mood at the time of making it hehe

OP, good luck with the situation. I've been vaping for almost a year now and I was a 30 year 1.5 pack a day smoker. Dropped the habit almost as soon as I started the vaporizing. For the first couple of weeks, I did smoke a couple of cigs a day, but that ended soon enough. Now I could not see myself going back to them.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

My first bottle of juice was tobacco flavored. It was the last bottle I bought. It made me want to smoke a real cigarette more and I have heard others say the same. The best thing to do is buy a small bottle of the tobacco flavor and a small bottle of something else. That way you won't be stuck with just one choice if you find it's making you want the real thing again.

Different things work for different folks (as you can see here), you just have to try a few things until you find that "nirvana" that makes you never want to look back.

I can't imagine smoking tobacco flavor sat this point TBH. I vape a grape flavor that gives a throat hit like a Marlboro Red and that works awesome for me.

Good luck!!!

edit on 5/7/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. As far as the 12mgs go, I've smoked ultra light 100's for years. He said the stronger ones would probably bother my throat and turn me off...I can always supplement with the nic gum, I guess, if it isn't enough.

I'm just going to slowly wean....Use the Ecig and only allow a certain number of analogs per day until this pack is gone. Then, that's it...My hubby will be all over my hind end if he sees me buy another pack. My family has been all over me to quit for years and I really am ready to do this.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
Thanks for all the replies. As far as the 12mgs go, I've smoked ultra light 100's for years. He said the stronger ones would probably bother my throat and turn me off...I can always supplement with the nic gum, I guess, if it isn't enough.

I'm just going to slowly wean....Use the Ecig and only allow a certain number of analogs per day until this pack is gone. Then, that's it...My hubby will be all over my hind end if he sees me buy another pack. My family has been all over me to quit for years and I really am ready to do this.

Finding a e-cig that works and is comfortable in your hand is the hardest part.

Anyhoo.....I got the Vision-Spinner for my "firstie"
www.youtube.com...

I got it last Friday evening. For the first 2 days I was still 1/2 and 1/2 till my cigs ran out Sunday. Since then I've stuck just with the e-cig and altho had some mental panic, am absolutely NOT going to spend on reg cigs yet. I may have a relapse, but so far so good. Trust me, if I find any more cigarettes in the house or car I will put them up for "psychological emergencies"

Realistically we didn't acquire the smoking habit overnight, so it will equally take some time to get "feel accustomed" to the e-cigarette. The more you practice the easier it gets.JMO

I smoked Djarums (clove cigs) for 30 years from 1-4 packs a day.
My biggest gripe is the Vaping Forums who much like computer tech forums talk over the newbies heads and are pretty snotty. They are making this overly complicated and "clubby".

edit on 7-5-2014 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yea!!!! Good for you!

Best advice, just don't buy another pack and stick with the vapor. I'm going on a little over 1 1/2 months now and couldn't be happier.

You can do it if you really want to.

Check back in after awhile and let us know how it's going for you.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I mix my own e-liquid these days, but I thought that I would throw this out there for those that are trying to get up and going quickly.

There can be a bit of a juggling act with the batts, atties and juice at the beginning, and running out of juice sucks; it's hard to know how much you are going to be going through each week, so it can be easy to run out. If that happens then there is a tendency to reach for the old analogs, and we don't want that to happen. So...

Menilla Joe

Thet right thar is what I consider to be one of the best retail vapes you can lay hands on, when it is set at 12mg and steeped for at least a week. You can hit it right away, but the vanilla comes out more when steeped. Mr. E is also my fave retail company. They're from Michigan.

I mentioned "trusting the device".

My goto rig is the same ProVape 1 (not even variable voltage) that I have had since the beginning. It has not had a dead button push in nearly 4 years of daily use and has a lifetine warranty.

I put a Kanger tank on it with 1.8 heads; simple and reliable and produces a perfectly civilized vape.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

My use of mine went from heavy to done with it in a pretty short time, maybe a month and a week. A big contributor to that was having a usb charging cord with a short and a battery that didn't hold enough charge. I also stepped down the strength of my liquid pretty fast and had no issues with that. So my advice would be don't make it too easy for yourself, keep reducing your satisfaction from it and the actual amount delivered and you'll be free of it in no time.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Hi lovebeck!
Its been a few months since you started the thread and as an avid vaper / "juice maker" and employee of a vape shop im very intetested in your progress.

On the downside...i am going to warn you against chinese liquids, for 2 reasons...
1. There are an abundance of other retailers throughout Europe and the US

2. The chinese company "dekang" is well known for diluting thier e-liquids with an extremely haxardous chemical called diacetyl, please make sure you are not vaping anything with this chemical in it! It is probably more harmful than the anologs your trying rid yourself of...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: datguy

2. The chinese company "dekang" is well known for diluting thier e-liquids with an extremely haxardous chemical called diacetyl, please make sure you are not vaping anything with this chemical in it! It is probably more harmful than the anologs your trying rid yourself of...

Such will always be the case Vaping with mailorder mystery drops.

Using a non-nicotine, non-addictive, non-customizable, non-refillable SAFE Ecigarette in conjunction with an approved and medically tested nicotine replacement product, such as a Nicoderm patch is an effective tobacco smoking cessation system.

The long term effects of 'Vaping' as a nicotine delivery system is critical because the chemicals used are addictive which could lead to overuse. Now we see how uncertified chemicals could lead to much worse!

With the safe type of non-addictive Ecigarette and a patch, after you've run the prescribed course of patches, weaning down over weeks, there is no more need for nicotine and the vaping drops off drastically, to the point that I still carry it around, but sometimes go days without needing it.

When I'm with people smoking or after a fine feast and enjoying a cognac, I might pull it out for old times sake, and it's equally enjoyable, if not more so, to the noxious analogs I once used. Only not habit forming.

As I type this, a debate is ongoing at Toronto City Hall. A Vapehead advocate is being interviewed and is referring to the legal type as "Cigalecs" and the refillable type as "Ecigarette". That's a new one on me.

BTW this guy has dark rings around his eyes like a junkie.

I'll report back with the results of the debate, but I'm gonna predict legal restrictions just like cigarettes for the Refillable Ecigarettes and HOPEFULLY no restrictions on the disposable "cigalecs", which I used to successfully quit smoking.

If they group them together I will be so p!$$3d at the Vapeheads for forcing the issue.

Should know tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It's official.

Vaping restricted to designated smoking areas.

The result of debate at Toronto City Hall is Ecigarettes are now subject to the same laws as cigarettes.

The announcement did not differentiate between refillable and disposable Ecigarettes.

Nice work Vape Heads.

Ruining it for everybody.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join