It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US poised to join hunt for shadowy Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: V22tech

originally posted by: V22tech
Second, i despise the muslim religion and all those who follow it because of stories like this. Scum like this deserve to be fired from a catapult with a bucket full of pig guts into a brick wall.

You hate entire groups based on the actions of some...

a reply to: Danbones

I would tend to agree.

For all we know, they are another US backed group ie Al-CIAeda being used to justify yet another invasion.

The US government wants to "help". Suuuuuuure they do.

Apart from petroleum, Nigeria’s other natural resources include natural gas, tin, iron ore, coal, limestone, niobium, lead, zinc and arable land.

edit on 6-5-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Looks like obama's decision to bypass congress and use his special powers to go to war in Libya helped boko haram get their hands on serious weapons like surface to air missiles.

Al-Qaeda's offshoot in North Africa has snatched surface-to-air missiles from an arsenal in Libya during the civil strife there, Chad's president said in an interview to be published Monday.

driss Deby Itno did not say how many were stolen, but told the African weekly Jeune Afrique that he was "100 percent sure" of his assertion.

The Islamists of al-Qaeda took advantage of the pillaging of arsenals in the rebel zone to acquire arms, including surface-to-air missiles, which were then smuggled into their sanctuaries in Tenere," a desert region of the Sahara that stretches from northeast Niger to western Chad, Deby said in the interview.

"This is very serious. AQIM (al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb) is becoming a genuine army, the best equipped in the region," he said.
www.alarabiya.net...

For Boko Haram, U.S. tries to handle with care; Nigerian Islamists tied to al Qaeda

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

…are there still really people as stupid as you out there?

How fortunate we got you representing American "interests" abroad. Especially if every one you meet over there is unpleasant.

I have had numerous encounters with these people and all of them incredibly unpleasant…

Sounds like a personal problem to me. Have you had that looked at?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Kony didn't work, so kidnapped girls it is then. That'll do it for sure.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

I thought of the Kony thing as well. I see there is also a FaceBook campaign going too over this issue, just like the Kony thing.

I found this report too earlier while browsing from 17th April:

www.theaustralian.com.au...

Only eight of more than 100 students are unaccounted for, Major General Chris Olukolade said in a statement that gave no details.

“The others have been freed this evening,” he said.

The government had reported that security forces were in hot pursuit of militants who abducted more than 100 females from a high school yesterday.

Borno state Governor Kashim Shettima told reporters that 129 students were kidnapped and at least 14 freed themselves: four of the students - aged between 16 and 18 - jumped off the back of a truck and 10 escaped into the bush when the extremists asked them to cook and were not paying attention.

So most, if not all are, by now, accounted for. So the idea of the US, and I hear the UK as well (what a surprise) sending in troops to track down and free the girls seems to be way off the mark. But hey, never let a bit of media disinfo peddling spoil a good story to whip up outrage and sympathy to get behind more troop deployments in a land far far away.... that has a s**t load of natural resources we want.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join