It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Food Drive, Saturday May 10, 2014. Help get this information out so we can feed the hungry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Mark it on your calendars people. This is this coming Saturday, May 10, the day before Mother's Day. Put your canned foods in a bag by your mailboxes and the mail carrier will pick them up and deliver them to your local food bank. This is a national drive. Let's show up for the hungry!!!!

Know that your donations will go to your respective local food banks for the people in need in your communities.

Please share and post where you can so the effort is a great success.

With Food Drive imminent, last-minute push is underway

May 2014—Imagine, if you will, the controlled chaos currently underway at more than 1,500 branches all across the United States, as food drive coordinators, family members and volunteers race to get everything in place for the nation’s largest one-day food collection effort on Saturday, May 10.

“A lot of us have been through a pretty wild winter,” NALC President Fredric Rolando said, “and springtime has struggled to take hold in many parts of the country, so we’ve got our fingers crossed that Mother Nature will give us a break on that special Saturday—especially since that happens to be the day before Mother’s Day this year.”

NALC Community Membership Outreach Coordinator Pam Donato considers weather just another variable that letter carriers will simply overcome as usual.

“We’ve mailed out the food drive reminders, we’ve renewed our relationships with local food banks, and we’ve got our volunteers ready for a full day of heavy bags and loaded LLVs,” Donato said. “And even if the weather doesn’t cooperate, we are confident that our generous patrons will step up and give what they can, no matter what.”

More Info here

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Remember while giving that our corporations are people also and donate to them too...

oops congress already feeds them money quite regularly.
edit on 6-5-2014 by AlaskanDad because: two too's in one sentence

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

I'm actually providing the music and the PA system for a drive in our area, so I am doing my part. It's always good to give something back to the community. I have this feeling that close communities are going to become much more important in the next few months as the economy slides further into depression.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yes! Very big in our town. I always put out a big bag!

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I usually put some items in the special bin for them when I go shopping. Whatever way our respective areas are doing it, let's not forget others.

edit on 6-5-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Does every mail man know this? I was just about 2 days away from hitting a food bank but luckily got the call from the union. worked 6 10's last week and possibly going on 6 12's next week. Feast or Famine in construction.

Will buy some groceries because its nice to know they are there if I or anybody else needs it.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If you're looking to donate as a first time, there are "staple" foods that I hear go fast they are are in need of often; such as dried milk, peanut butter and tuna. Good idea I heard locally was people who had excess starter plants for sustaining a garden such as tomatoes to donate.
edit on 6-5-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Please remember and if you can put out some canned goods by your mailbox. It is the right thing to do. I know you guys will show up for the less fortunate.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am disgusted. My bag was the only one out by the mailbox for blocks. What the heck is wrong with people???

top topics

join