It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gives offices in DC and New York to Syrian rebels... and $27 million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Obama is bringing the Free Syrian Army (FSA) into the US and giving them offices in DC and New York... and $27 million

Obama administration offers $27 million in additional help for Syrian rebels

The Syrian Opposition Council’s offices in the US will become formal diplomatic missions after receiving approval from the Obama administration on Monday. This comes ahead of high-level talks between the US and opposition leaders in Washington.

Jarba is embarking on his first official visit to Washington as the head of the SOC, CBS News reports. He will be joined by the new chief of staff of the Free Syrian Army (FSA), Brigadier General Abdelilah al-Bashir, his office told AFP, but State Department officials would not confirm.

The formal recognition of the diplomatic missions is largely symbolic, as the two offices will not become the embassy in DC or the consulate in New York, AP reports.

During his visit, Jarba will meet with US Secretary of State John Kerry and members of the National Security Council and from the Treasury Department, according to CBS News. Al-Bashir is scheduled to meet with US officials “to discuss the supply of sophisticated weapons to the FSA to enable it to change the balance on the ground," his office told AFP.

Along with the recognition, the administration promised an additional $27 million aid to the opposition council, as well as promising to step up its non-lethal assistance to moderate commanders in the Free Syrian Army, AP reports. The additional aid will bring the total US assistance to opposition groups to $278 million, according to the Guardian.

It looks like the first thing they will be asking for is for more weapons to be supplied to them to fight the war in Syria. I'm not sure what to think about offices being given to them here in the US to base their operations out of.

What's your thoughts on this?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LrdRedhawk

"What's your thoughts on this? "

Obama needs to go. I have no preference on how.

This man (term used loosely) is leading the World to ww3 and he won't stop until it gets there.

I'm not a religious man but if I was, the word Antichrist comes to mind.

Peace

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I just feel like I'm living in bizarro world or something. Or maybe the twilight zone.......I'm not sure.

The puppet continues to dance. Wonder who the next puppet will be? Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
How can they be diplomats when they don't represent a country? Has Syria split into two nations?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
How can they be diplomats when they don't represent a country? Has Syria split into two nations?

Very good point. This is wrong on so many levels.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The whole lot needs to go. I doubt Obama has had an original thought the entire time he's been in office. We are being led by a puppet whose marionettes have had this all planned out for who knows how long. I'll stop before I get into rant mode.

It's like a fun game of chess for them.

. a reply to: jude11

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: solongandgoodnight
I just feel like I'm living in bizarro world or something. Or maybe the twilight zone.......I'm not sure.

The puppet continues to dance. Wonder who the next puppet will be? Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

bizarro indeed.

WE fund and arm our enemy Al_cia_duh?

the corrupt fed govt needs to go.

by any means necessary.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

diplomacy is not restricted to sovereign states - rebel movements can have diplomatic ties too.

It's not actually hard to understand if you try.

top topics

join