It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the disinformation strategy behind the ad-nausea abuse of the "pro-russian" rhetoric and proven f

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
the disinformation strategy behind the ad-nausea abuse of the "pro-russian" rhetoric is to silence any independent thinking on the ukrainian situation which resolves to silence any critic on the role of the imf and our western governments in the coup.

But let's elaborate.

1) this is a long used strategy

Two obvious examples come to mind :

if you question 911 you're anti-american and pro-islamist.
if you question israeli gouvernment you're ani-semite.

2) Profiling

To call someone “anti-American”, indeed to be anti-American, (or for that matter, anti-Indian or anti-Timbuktuan)
is not just racist, it’s a failure of the imagination. An inability to see the world in terms other than those the
establishment has set out for you. If you’re not a Bushie you’re a Taliban. If you don’t love us, you hate us. If you’re
not Good, you’re Evil. If you’re not with us, you’re with the terrorists.
Everyday I’m taken aback at how many people believe that opposing the war in Afghanistan amounts to supporting terrorism, of voting for the Taliban.

This is an excerpt from an Arundhati Roy speech given on 9/11/2003 (video and link to transcript at the end of the post). it applies perfectly to our Ukraine situation (and my personal feelings):

To call someone “pro-russian” is not just racist, it’s a failure of the imagination. An inability to see the world in terms other than those the
establishment has set out for you.
Everyday I'm taken aback at how many people believe that opposing the actions of an unelected usurping and proven neo nazi government amount to supporting russia, of voting for Putine

3) The aim

let's stick to Arundhati speech to support the opening sentence of the thread :

The term “anti-American” is usually used by the American establishment to discredit and, not falsely—but shall we
say inaccurately—define its critics. Once someone is branded anti-American, the chances are that he or she will be
judged before they are heard, and the argument will be lost in the welter of bruised national pride.

Once someone is branded "pro-russian", the chances are that he or she will be judged before they are heard

This is neuro-linguistic programming, a shortcut in the mind denying the duty to be critical, forcing assumptions, pre-judgements, misconceptions and misunderstanding, creating division and ultimately imposing war onto us.

4) They are neo nazi, it is fact, not theory, even western msm are reporting it

Before any imf supporter denies :

In the new Ukrainian government politicians linked to the far-right have taken posts from deputy prime minister to head of defence. We profile the nationalists filling the power vacuum.
Defence Council is Andriy Parubiy. He oversees national security for the nation having previously served as security commandant during the anti-government protests in Kiev.

Parubiy was the founder of the Social National Party of Ukraine, a fascist party styled on Hitler's Nazis, with membership restricted to ethnic Ukrainians.
Overseeing the armed forces alongside Parubiy as the Deputy Secretary of National Security is Dmytro Yarosh, the leader of the Right Sector - a group of hardline nationalist streetfighters, who previously boasted they were ready for armed struggle to free Ukraine.

Russia has pursued a systematic, targeted policy of subjugation toward Ukraine...So of course we will prepare for a conflict with them
Dmytro Yarosh, Deputy Secretary of National Security

Associate professor at Lund University Pers Anders Rudling, an expert on Ukrainian extremists, told Channel 4 News that there are other ministers who are also closely in the orbit of Svoboda.

"Two weeks ago I could never have predicted this. A neo-fascist party like Svoboda getting the deputy prime minister position is news in its own right.

"There are seven ministers with links to the extreme right now. It began with Svoboda getting 10 per cent of the vote in the last election, it is certainly a concern in the long run."

www.channel4.com...

10%, that's how little of the ukrainian population the acting government is right-fully representing.

With that fact in mind, there is no wonder the common Ukrainians that followed maidan 1, are against the new government.

The truth about Maidan: They are against the coup junta in Kiev! (after the swede expert, this is a finnish source so good luck to explain how this is pro-russian propaganda)

5) denunciating intellectual dishonesty

Debating with the "pro-russian" rhetoric crowd is a dead end so maybe it'd be more efficient to ignore them or just point to everyone else how dis-informative, factually wrong and intellectually dishonest their speedy sensationalist shortcuts are.

6) Arundhati Roy

you may not know her but if you take the time to listen to her speech you will undoubtedly love her.

It is 45 minutes and too long to watch for many, I know but give it two minutes. Just 2 minutes to decide whether it's worth your time or not.

This woman is pro-people, pro-life pro-freedom, pro-justice and pro-peace, this woman is brilliant, charming, she speaks truth and everything she says apply very much to the urkaine situation.

For all the endless, empty chatter about democracy, today the world is run by three of the most secretive institutions in the world: The
International Monetary Fund, the World Bank, and the World Trade Organization, all three of which, in turn, are dominated by the U.S. Their decisions are made in secret. The people who head them are appointed behind closed doors. Nobody really knows anything about them, their politics, their beliefs, their intentions. Nobody elected them. Nobody said they could make decisions on our behalf. A world run by a handful of greedy bankers and C.E.O.’s
whom nobody elected can’t possibly last.

transcript of the full speech : ada.evergreen.edu...

thanks for your attention & good luck to all : we are on the same side even if you don't know it.

+9 more 
posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: anHairInTheSoup

Perhaps people are calling people who are pro-Russian pro-Russian because they are pro-Russian. Why do you suppose pro-Russians call anyone who is not pro-Russian a Nazi lover or a Fascist?

The irony here is that by posting virulent anti-American propaganda on an American owned and operated site, they are exercising a freedom they are probably not afforded in their own country: freedom to express contrary opinions. Because such a freedom becomes addictive, it will eventually lead them to want to move here, as so many have done throughout our history.

Edit to add: Oui, les Françaises aussi.

edit on 5-5-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I know this isn't the point of the thread but I want to point out the contrasting views of Eastern and Western culture concerning women who are held as being influential and empowered:

In the US: Hillary Clinton --- In India: Arundhati Roy

Just goes to show the differences in the qualities of public and political figures valued by the general population.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmikDebris
I know this isn't the point of the thread but I want to point out the contrasting views of Eastern and Western culture concerning women who are held as being influential and empowered:

In the US: Hillary Clinton --- In India: Arundhati Roy

Just goes to show the differences in the qualities of public and political figures valued by the general population.

They are both controversial figures. Roy was charged with sedition because of her views on Kashmir, and her opposition to Modi may result in tragedy soon.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
Anyone who stands up for a cause is inevitably viewed as controversial, and that can be applied to literally every political figure in the history of society.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmikDebris
Anyone who stands up for a cause is inevitably viewed as controversial, and that can be applied to literally every political figure in the history of society.

But especially women. Take Marine Le Penn, for example.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: anHairInTheSoup I am thinking there could be many factors at play in the differing aspects of the debate on how to interpret what we perceive .Some are so patriotic ,having that burned into their concise from crib to casket .One of the effects coming out from 9/11 was the betrayal many felt .Our parental big daddy Govt. could only want what is best for us and are privy to all of the secrets of the evils of this world .You just have to trust us ...A blind faith in a system that shows time and time again to be anything other then truthful shows the level of indoctrination a person can be caught into it.

When someone is using blind faith as a function ,no truth will move them without great pain and discomfort .We are all capable of believing things that are not true and seldom investigate them to the level of being free from the lies .cognitive dissonance is nothing more then being double mindedness but has a negative effect on the way we perceive the world and the people in it .Some people are strongly opinionated and are not shy about sharing them .Some people take a war mentality to life and will go down fighting to the bitter end ..They seek conflict because without it,they have no real cause in their life .We see it in families ,neighbors , society and all the way up to people with the power to declare war on other countries no matter what the people they rule over want .

This site does have professional shills/trolls as well as amateurs .I guess the task is , how to deal with them .The best we can do is offer our own opinions and present what facts we find and allow others to digest it .Help some to maybe ask some of the questions that might help them grow from .Good questions will allow the individual to find truth or something closer to it .Learning is a process .Propaganda is blind faith ...deny ignorance .

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

The OP is referring to the connotations of being called "pro-Russian".

Much in the same way that someone willing to consider alternative explanations to world events is labeled a "conspiracy theorist" and dismissed.

This is why the dinosaur media and establishment routinely engage in name calling and personal attacks, it works.

For the record, I dont know that people defending Russia necessarily support Russia.

I think that most of us are simply pointing out the blatant, over the top, unbelievable hypocrisy of the UK, NATO and especially the US in condemning someone else for meddling in the affairs of sovereign nations (to put it mildly).

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You realize there are very few countries where you will actually get black bagged for expressing contrary opnions right???

Russia is not one of those countries. America has the most prisoners on Earth. Stop with the delusion of 'American Freedom' being superior. Because it is not. I see Russian citizens put down Putin every single day in tshe comments on RT.

Also, the ProRussian thing is irking to the OP and many others because these people are NOT all "pro Russian!!" Many of them could give two #s about Russia and simply want more say in Kiev.

edit: No anger intended for you personally.
just irritated by yhe situation
edit on 5-5-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

You summed up my thoughts perfectly mate, thank you. The rhetoric just needs to stop - call the militants there Pro Russian Seperatists if yoj want but we have all seen the videos and many of those peolple are simple protestors.... address them as such western media!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Absolutely agree with your post. And S+F to the OP, best thread on the topic I've seen yet.

I've been called pro-russian/anti-american AND pro-NATO (and lots of other things in lots of other threads).

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Its funny, I am an Isolationist, I believe in trade with all, allies with none.

My view on the Ukraine( or Syria, Or Lybia, OR Iraq, Or anywhere else for that matter) IS stay away.

If American lives and homes are not at risk, we shouldn't be involved, and for damn sure shouldn't be risking american lives.

YET, that stance, will get me labeled PRO-Russian, hell, even mentioning any facts, or actually history involved will get you called that.

Frankly don't care, never stopped me from voicing my views before, won't now.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The pro Russian, Putin lover slurs are designed to silence debate. Some want an iron clad consensus on events in Ukraine and if you question that, be prepared to be called pro Russian. Its childish, but effective.

edit on 5-5-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So many new posters all saying the same pro-russia propaganda is a little weird to say the least. I know some members do not buy into the whole paid poster thing but it is kinda looking that way.

I wonder how many of these posters will still remain ATS members after the campaign is done? Members and readers can make up there own minds.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

My sentiments exactly!

What gets me is that living in the politically correct prison called the United States, using the term "NAZI" is frowned upon. Why? Is it the history that might remind folks of the Rise and power of them years ago so that they might see how it is happening here?

I don't trust Putin any more than I do my own government, but when I see the likes of John McCain and John Kerry and all the other US globalist puppets doing the dirty deeds of the IMF it sadly makes me want to support Putin!

Watch this video! It explains very clearly how the unelected puppet government put into power in Ukraine is in FACT a branch off of the Nazi's!

This guy does one hell of a job explaining where the new Ukraine puppet government came from.....

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
The pro Russian, Putin lover slurs are designed to silence debate. Some want an iron clad consensus on events in Ukraine and if you question that, be prepared to be called pro Russian. Its childish, but effective.

Yea, its all rather silly.

I would think we all would of learned from mccarthyism and the red scare, That there is nothing MORE UN-AMERICAN, than silencing the debate in such a manner.

Its repugnant to use Patriotism as a robe for their own agendas to wage war.

I would hope we would be well beyond that level of Stupid to fall for Propaganda that blatant.

ETA:

How many times must the American people learn this lesson,

Fear, is how they control us, when we let fear win, we are under their heel.
edit on 5-5-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

People need a new hobby on this site. Not everything is a conspiracy and not everyone not in line with your way of thought is a shill or a sheeperson. I hate this stupid terminology .....

Sometimes people will just think a certain thing because they are as smart and special as you and follow their instincts and deductions to form valid opinions.

Russia sucks ass by the way. Not a decade into their recovery and they pull this crap.

Can't wait to see what they do when they reach a level like the US or the UK....

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The worst bit is the EU and US involvement is all publicly recorded and available on official .gov sites.

To any doubters, have a read on the German Marshal Fund site and EU or Angela Merkel's press releases on their involvement in supporting and arming anti-Russian groups in the Ukraine from 2011 onwards - there's hundreds of documents available.

Even the EU openly state the current interim government in Ukraine are largely Neo-Nazi thugs - the Us response 'f@ck the EU' in the leaked phonecall and repeatedly calling the EU a soft touch who are slow to act.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I never ever comment on what I read on ATS before cross referencing the information elsewhere. For example if the BBC, Reuters, Aljazeera and china News say the same thing then you can be damned sure that that is the truth no matter what RT may say !!!!

I also know about Putin BEFORE the Ukranian crisis, yes BEFORE !!!. Anybody that takes the time to read his background will realise that there is no chance in hell he has turned into this loving, kind, peace loving leader worrying about his fellow Russians over the border......well not unless he's had some serious medical treatment above his neckline !! Love is blind isn't it......

Next: every member of the current Ukranian government was voted there by Ukranians. Not only that but due to the way the elected president was ousted (by pee'd off angry Ukranians) there will now be new elections at the end of May. The pro-russians in the East keep asking for elections and yet Kiev has already stated there will be elections at the end of May. Are they deaf or is there another reason such as :

Why does Russia want to rush through an election before that date as it did in Crimea.....hmm it does not take a genius to work that out.

On the radio tonight as I was driving home there was a pro-russian activist describing how he had escaped the attack by the Ukranian army. He and his fellow activists escaped in their two armoured personnel carriers......I nearly crashed when I heard that. how many civilian protestors have armoured personnel carriers plus (throughout the East of Ukraine over the past few weeks) the semi automatics and the uniforms (conveniently missing insignia) and weapons that can down military helicopters. Or what about the logistics to coordinate the overthrow of all those government buildings and roadblocks across eastern Ukraine at the same a few weeks ago ? That takes planning, organisation and communication that civilian protestors do not have.

I am not saying there are no civilians protesting in the East but by no stretch of the imagination is this a purely civilian protest.

Putin want an old style Soviet empire.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

Wow, you knew about Putin before this? And here I thought he was a new player. You must be really insightful. But anyway I don't think most of the "pro Russian" users are saying that Russia doesn't have a hand in things just that this was contrived by western influence and can see through the western propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join