It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did alien abductions increase during the 20th century?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Until then it's just a wild claim by people who didn't get enough attention from mommy.

I don't think that's a fair assessment.

Some, not all, of those reporting such things are honestly conveying their experiences as they perceived them.

For the purposes of full disclosure I count myself among them. I just happen to accept a less exotic explanation for my "encounter", but never downplay the realism of such experiences. It felt very real.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sorry but that requires that I believe. I don't want to believe I want to KNOW. There is a difference. e reply to: draknoir2

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Sorry but that requires that I believe. I don't want to believe I want to KNOW. There is a difference. e reply to: draknoir2

In what way does not dismissing those who report what THEY believe to be real experiences as "not getting enough attention from mommy" require any belief on YOUR part?

Is there something behind your apparent hostility towards the subject?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Welllllllllll, will compose in MS Word this time. Gads I hate this freezing up glitch stuff. Lots of wasted typing and sometimes none of the work arounds work.

. . . The complete and utter lack of evidence . . .

Ahhhhhhhhhhh but that BELIEF assertion is in great error.

DENIAL of evidence is NOT = to an utter lack of evidence.
Pretending that the evidence is hoaxed is NOT an utter lack of evidence.

Pretending that the evidence is misperceived is NOT an utter lack of evidence.

Pretending that the evidence is mislabeled is NOT an utter lack of evidence.

Pretending that whole classes of evidence ‘ought’ to arbitrarily be ‘disallowed’ is NOT an utter lack of evidence.

Pretending that evidence is too low a quality to be bothered with is NOT an utter lack of evidence.

The 4,000 trace landing cases investigated and verified regarding the tangible forensic type evidence left in the environment by scientifically trained professionals is NOT an utter lack of evidence.

The thousands of verified cases with commonly experienced “scoop marks,” particular types of scratches; particular symbols left on the skin; black light observable marks left on the skin; implants . . . are NOT an utter lack of evidence.

The quality constructed and administered Harris poll revealing that upwards of 3 MILLION abductees exist in the USA alone . . . is NOT an utter lack of evidence.

The cases where it was verified by an MD on say Tuesday that the baby in the womb was still there and functioning normally . . . followed Tuesday evening by an unassisted memory of an abduction experience . . . followed by the SAME MD verifying that the baby was totally gone from the womb on Wednesday . . . is NOT an utter lack of evidence.

The main sort of lacking of evidence in the topic area has to do with their AGENDA. That info is still closely guarded and full of speculation because so little quality info is available. But even there, there’s NOT an “utter lack of evidence.”

The fallen angels have been very busy for more than 60 years. What is their priority goal?

edit on 6/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: tag fix

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Why has it increased? because mental illness and the need to feel special seem to more rampant in today's society.

Alien abductions are ridiculous and have me asking..why do people even take these seriously? They are the only subject matter in Ufology that contains zero evidence.

Everything else in this world that is considered paranormal..has at least some type of evidence to back it up.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Except for such as the balloons at the Thanksgiving day parade . . . there's "no evidence" for flying pigs.

The UFO field has tons of court-level, forensic quality evidence. Refusal to fairly consider it is a DIFFERENT ISSUE.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Actually that would be considered evidence of flying pigs...just not evidence of real flying pigs.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Except for such as the balloons at the Thanksgiving day parade . . . there's "no evidence" for flying pigs.

The UFO field has tons of court-level, forensic quality evidence. Refusal to fairly consider it is a DIFFERENT ISSUE.

Would you care to share that court level forensic quality evidence? Nothing provided by a former dentist, chiropodist or likewise that has allegedly built their own lab to a spec that would be classed as suitable for such research, who has no level of peer review for their findings and won't actually give their name, but genuine unambiguous proof? Please, no 'what if's', 'I think it could be' and 'how could man have done this'. Proof please.

Don't treat this request as cynical, please provide the unambiguous evidence you speak of please, I'd be very interested, as I'm sure millions more would. Refusal to do that is of course a different issue.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92
I don't think they did. Simply put, a lot more people started reporting them than before the 20th century.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Sorry . . . I'm not so glibly seduced into the RELIGION OF SCIENTISM ACOLYTE CADRE.

And, I've been on ATS toooooo long to be so glibly influenced by such an attitude.

Linda Moulton Howe has some links to some peer reviewed articles in some agriculture mags about the utter inexplicable uniqueness of a list of features in crop circles. IIRC, folks refuse to be convinced by peer reviewed or any other set of solid facts.

Much of the Unbelief and hostility to the realities involved are beyond cultish.

And I have no need to get sucked into such a futile game with such a myopic and futile attitude.

Enjoy your perspective while you yet can. Its days are numbered.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: depleteduranium92

It's simple as far as i can see.

They don't want us to destroy ourselves...again.

During CC's 1492 voyage, and afterwards we didn't have the capability to destroy...well, everything. Now we do, and we have had since..the 20th century.

Cyclic or not, in danger of repeating past mistakes or not...that is the one significant difference that has happened in the last century, the ability to not just kill hundreds, or thousands, or even hundreds of thousands...but literally everything.

I don't know about you, but if i were an observer, looking in from the outside..that would worry me and i'd like to run extra tests.

edit on 6-5-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

And where does this unwarranted utter blind faith

in the benevolence of the critters arise from?

--wishful thinking?
--movies?
--TV?
--global oligarchy pseudo scientific propaganda a la famous "scientists?"

--terminal despair grasping at straws?

--a compulsive need to whitewash the darkest evidence?

--a Pollyanna complex?
--a Mary Poppins complex?

. . . where DOES that idea arise from? Seriously?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Maybe abductions have increased simply because there are more people to abduct. After all, population growth has exploded exponentially, so there are bound to be more cases reported.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have to believe what they're saying if I'm to believe that aliens come to this planet and abduct people. Which I guess forces me to believe in aliens. Though that's not so hard. I don't think we're the only intelligent beings in the universe. I also don't believe they've found us yet. Why spend so much money each year in space exploration and space research if they are already here. What's the point of Keppler research? An early warning for a Klingon invasion or something. If they where here we'd already be at war with them. Shoot first and ask questions later.

t reply to: draknoir2

edit on PMu31u0551901312014-05-06T20:01:18-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I need evidence that will satisfy me. I am the one who needs to be convinced . Blurry pictures and personal stories are not enough. I don't care who makes the testimony. A two year old will tell a lie if you bribe them. Human character is what it is. (Though I'm not one of those I hate the human race kind of people. I believe in people and I believe in the desire to find truth) but face it anyone can be bribed or bought or threatened for that matter. a reply to: BO XIAN

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I here ya re the glitches. Though all seems to be working fine just now. Question are you on a mobile device? I'm on a kindle fire .a reply to: BO XIAN

edit on PM000000310000000551916312014-05-06T20:16:12-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
PS I'm not pretending any of those things. I came to this site in 2008 because I wanted to find out what people knew about the possibility. The more I've seen the less I'm inclined to believe. It all seems so arbitrary.

v reply to: BO XIAN

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeviWardrobe
I've heard the argument that these experiences have always happened, but they are just described differently throughout the ages. So what today is an alien abduction, 1000 years ago may have been a meeting with gods/angels/spirits. As we catch up with this apparently alien technology, we are able to better describe it. Ancient man, having a limited understanding of the technology involved, would be at a loss to describe and may use terms that are relevant to the time like "chariot" and might describe aliens as "angels" or "demons".

Also, there were no alien abduction forums 100 years ago. There may have been as many then as there are now, but we just wouldn't know because it wasn't recorded. Lots of people weren't literate, or couldn't afford writing supplies. And even if a person did record such an event, if that record isn't reproduced and widespread, it would quickly be lost to time.

Yes, and this is exactly my point. This by the way is the essence of what the Ancient Alien theory is about, regardless of how poorly the new shows on TV may present the subject.

By the way...in regards to recording abductions....uhm....please do me a favor and read some religious texts, NOT necessarily only Christian. If you will, one could say that MANY religious texts are nothing but pure science fiction..describing EXACTLY that..encounters with aliens. How else would some ancient person describe an alien with some amazing technology but an "angel" or a "god"?

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I would have to agree with the atomic era being the catalyst for alien interest. But WW2 may have caused them to becoming discovered. Also, there was I believe, an unknown result of the explosion of the atom bomb, was that other explosions occurred across the span of the universe being quantum teleported atomic explosions. This resulted in immediate investigation by extra-terrestrials.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Sorry . . . I've been conditioned well enough by the naysayers on FREEREPUBLIC.COM AND ON ATS that I no longer care that much who NEEDS unreasonable qualities of proof or how much they need such.

The solid enough reasonable enough evidence is out there.

Some folks will not believe until a UFO or an orb lands in their lap and castrates them.

Trying to provide a sufficiently meaningful ENOUGH bit of evidence for such an attitude has become an utterly exasperating exercise in absurd and thorough-going futility.

NO THANKS.

There's more than sufficient evidence out there to convince any fair-minded court-room jury.

There's more than sufficient evidence out there to convince any thoughtful, scientific-minded, fair-minded person who seriously WANTS to consider reality as it really is vs as they fantasize it to be.

Perhaps you can find someone else to play the game. Not me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join