It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 2,100 confirmed dead in Afghan landslide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
news.msn.com...

Wow that really sad, and to think, only a few people had died at first, but then the villagers went in after an initial small landslide to reclaim belongings and livestock, and that's when another 2000 people were buried alive!
Wow

X

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
"The Taliban said in a statement they were also willing to provide security."
From same source

Also, there are only 30,000 US troops still there, and they are willing to help as well.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

A natural disaster taking lives is tragic wherever it occurs, but for something of this nature to strike a land so frequently stalked by the shadow of death, seems an especially cruel blow.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I prey for them , hope they attain the peace they strived to get

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well, finally hearing more about this, I was hoping this tragedy wouldn't just be ignored, seems it may be almost 3000 that perished

Is what I heard on the TV
So did a quick search for some news articles, not a lot out there, and not a lot of agreement either:
news.yahoo.com...
That article says 2500 dead
www.payvand.com...
This article says 300 dead

Sad days indeed

X

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

The article that suggests three hundred are dead, is a confirmed figure. Many of the dead will never be found, and their deaths will remain a matter of legal uncertainty despite the statistical probability of their failure to survive being buried under hundreds of tonnes of detritus.

top topics

join