It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A perspective of these times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Greetings to all!

To start this off I'd like to express my gratitude to each and every one of you for sharing your views and beliefs of the World we all call our home. For quite some time now AboveTopSecret has allowed for each and every one of us to escape the dogmas of personal societal relationships through welcoming all beings to share our ideas and findings that have for some people destroyed their personal lives by facing the relentless criticisms of the ignorant, or shall I say uninformed portions of our civilization. Because of this website (and many others of the like) we have been given the opportunity to share our experiences and beliefs when confronting concepts and possibilities that a typical person would label one a nutcase for even contemplating, and even though we tend to disagree more than we agree on these subjects, we all share the same feelings on the matter; There is something not right with the World we were raised to believe was true, whether it be by E.T visitations, corrupt Governments, strange phenomena, ancient advanced civilizations, suppressed technology, or even the existence of alternate universes or dimensions, etc. We all share this one common truth; we know there is more to this existence than meets the eye.

This is what has spurred me to create this thread, to pull together our perspectives in order to understand the implications of all of it. So what do we get when we put this all together?

We get a simple truth; The World we once 'thought' to exist is melting away right before our very eyes and we are all scurrying around attempting to make sense of it, together, as we should be. But what exactly can we make sense out of? Sure, we may never get an honest answer from our Governments, maybe because they are guilty, or maybe because they are torn between our existing World and understanding the new one that is unfolding amidst it, just as we are. Maybe this can be said about everything that is occurring on this planet? Until these past 100 years our civilizations have been set on a linear course of advancement, even 60 years ago we believed we would be living in sky cities by these times we currently live in. So what happened? It seems that at some point, within the past 50-60 years or so, we hit a societal dead end and everything that has occurred since can be attributed as the by products of or effects of the technological and societal causes that were set into play at the dawn of the industrial revolution.

Now this is where we come into play. By faculties of ignorant thinking we have made the mistake of continuing the evolution of technologies without evolving our states of mind with them. By allowing technology to make our lives simpler we have robbed ourselves of our natural evolutionary processes that we would have been forced to experience if it were not for us placing the evolutionary responsibility on technology instead of ourselves. For instance, when taken into consideration the internet has the capability of uniting our entire World by allowing us to instantaneously communicate information from anywhere on the globe, without interference, without misunderstanding. But for some reason it isn't working. Why? It's not that the technology isn't functioning as it should, it's US that aren't functioning as we should! Our ideas, our beliefs, our tolerances, our intolerance's, they are all OUTDATED and we have yet to truly comprehend this as a whole.

I believe this is why we are so torn apart intellectually as a species, because we have separated ourselves from the natural learning that our beautiful mother Earth supplies us with, each and every one of us. We forgot the lessons, the patience, the understanding that physical struggle endows us with, we forgot the appreciation that comes with having to struggle to locate food, shelter, water, as well as other beings who we can share our struggles with. We have made ourselves so complacent in relying on technology that we have forgotten what truly bonds humans together, our ability to struggle together, our ability to create the good in life by experiencing and surviving the bad. We have become like spoiled children draining the mothers breast dry of it's nurturing milk whilst wondering why we have become so malnourished, intellectually. We have pointed the finger at everyone but ourselves. This is why we NEED these destruction's that we are all so afraid of, these changes, whether it be by global economic collapse, natural cataclysms, or whatever else the Universe deems necessary because amidst all of it we will rediscover our selves, stronger, more intelligent, more HUMAN than ever before!

We have become like children whose parent is trying to get them to do their homework by asking them to turn off the video game, but as we all know (especially you parents out there) you can't get your child's attention by asking them nicely, you have to TAKE away the game from them, temporarily, so their focus can come back to what will benefit them and everyone else the most. This is what's happening right now, on a global scale. Think about this in a microcosm, macrocosm kind of way.

Because of this there is a fire deep inside of my being, a fire that is yearning for the outcome of what we are all experiencing right now. That part of me knows without knowing that these struggles we are facing are undoubtedly our old beliefs manifesting and dying right before our very eyes in order to rid us of what is no longer necessary, to make room for the higher intellectual beings we are all becoming. So let's try to be more understanding of each other, let's try to be a little more compassionate to one another, we all know these are difficult times we live in but we must also know that these times are only a temporary transition, a transition from old thinking to new thinking.

Whatever comes between now and the new beginning I just want every one of you to know that all of my being surges with the greatest love for each and every one of you, you are my brothers and sisters, some of which could teach me new understandings, others of which could learn a thing or two from my own, either way you are all beautiful for who you are and our Creator knows this too, for we all are in this school of learning together, until the end.

May every single one of you prosper in the new beginning that is manifesting before us!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: EviLCHiMP

Excellent OP, EC! These are things that I have been thinking about for quite some time now. It seems hard for me (at the level that I'm at) to have love for people that sometimes try so hard to rub me the wrong way (they deny it, but I know they are), but I'd like to eventually get there.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Wow, what a wonderful post. But there's one super amazing line:

Now this is where we come into play. By faculties of ignorant thinking we have made the mistake of continuing the evolution of technologies without evolving our states of mind with them

That's a good statement generally, with some spiritual dimensions, but for ATS readers that are programmers or engineers, I feel like it should be mantra. We are in a dangerous time in history because we have established a dangerous relationship with technology - in short we've gotten the idea that we can create technology to serve us without ever having to serve it. The reality is that for everything technology gives us, it takes something from us in equal measure. Once we realize this fact and work with it, we can make balanced and beautiful things, beneficial for all. But until that point, we're truly stumbling in the dark, always at risk of becoming slaves to our own creations.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Thank you both for such kind words. I greatly appreciate your perspectives on this topic!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Great post, providing this insight into anothers views, understandings and hopes for the future encourages like minded people they are not alone. I feel with this progression towards a technological based existence people have disappeared behind doors and screens. The idea of evolving in a mould of great engineers and mathematical achievements is not the case as this is only acheived by a small handful of individuals, where the masses can reap the rewards without ever having to contemplate or acknowledge such ideas. This for me has created a world more divided than ever before. Even at the most basic level of a family all i see is division by closed doors, mobile phones or computers where we can not even communicate small things that are really the building blocks that hold together our communities.
Im not against technology on the whole, it is the speed at which we regressing spiritually as we are progressing through new tech. The rise of the mobile phone is frightening watching my own family sitting in the same room with heads down and thumbs communicating their thoughts on trivial situations.We are not at one with nature as now it does not control our daily lives. However, i feel that through this massive change in society people are finally waking up spiritually. People are now searching for ways to reach their inner spirituality and peace. They are seeking ways to enrich their soul in ways they cannot in the world today and find like minded people who have unconditional love and move beyond compassion but to actually help any other being to find happiness. Hopefully my starting on a path of spirituality will allow my two young children to understand the world we live in, acknowledge the vast oceans of love in all of us and how to access them. Peace

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Actually I dont believe technology is the problem perse'" I mean other than GPS all technology the last 20 years has just been rehashes of existing technology mobile phones,tvs,computers etc.Look around your house ignoring the flat screen and your hand helds and it was all there 30 years ago.What has increased is media induced fear and stress 24 hours a day of crap to worry about and never ending increasing pressures of work and lessening personal freedoms.

I got off the bus I was middle management with GE with the car,fuel card,flyer points etc but these aren't benefits they are trappings.

I currently work for myself from home,I go from pre-dawn light to after sunset trying to follow the natural biorythm of the planet,I do tai chi and wing chun and like to go for walks in nature,I always holiday in places full of nature.

No I dont earn anything like I used to but I get by....
but Im a damn lot happier.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
Great post, providing this insight into anothers views, understandings and hopes for the future encourages like minded people they are not alone. I feel with this progression towards a technological based existence people have disappeared behind doors and screens. The idea of evolving in a mould of great engineers and mathematical achievements is not the case as this is only acheived by a small handful of individuals, where the masses can reap the rewards without ever having to contemplate or acknowledge such ideas. This for me has created a world more divided than ever before. Even at the most basic level of a family all i see is division by closed doors, mobile phones or computers where we can not even communicate small things that are really the building blocks that hold together our communities.
Im not against technology on the whole, it is the speed at which we regressing spiritually as we are progressing through new tech. The rise of the mobile phone is frightening watching my own family sitting in the same room with heads down and thumbs communicating their thoughts on trivial situations.We are not at one with nature as now it does not control our daily lives. However, i feel that through this massive change in society people are finally waking up spiritually. People are now searching for ways to reach their inner spirituality and peace. They are seeking ways to enrich their soul in ways they cannot in the world today and find like minded people who have unconditional love and move beyond compassion but to actually help any other being to find happiness. Hopefully my starting on a path of spirituality will allow my two young children to understand the world we live in, acknowledge the vast oceans of love in all of us and how to access them. Peace

You explained this so well, I completely agree with all of it, especially how technology isn't a bad thing, it's how we are using it to allow ourselves to become to lazy and anti-human development. GREAT response my friend!

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Actually I dont believe technology is the problem perse'" I mean other than GPS all technology the last 20 years has just been rehashes of existing technology mobile phones,tvs,computers etc.Look around your house ignoring the flat screen and your hand helds and it was all there 30 years ago.What has increased is media induced fear and stress 24 hours a day of crap to worry about and never ending increasing pressures of work and lessening personal freedoms.

I got off the bus I was middle management with GE with the car,fuel card,flyer points etc but these aren't benefits they are trappings.

I currently work for myself from home,I go from pre-dawn light to after sunset trying to follow the natural biorythm of the planet,I do tai chi and wing chun and like to go for walks in nature,I always holiday in places full of nature.

No I dont earn anything like I used to but I get by....
but Im a damn lot happier.

I really enjoyed reading your post, it has elements that I should have incorporated into my OP but I am happy that you filled in the missing blanks for me. Since I've given myself to more natural rhythms I have felt much happier as well! Thank you for your insight!

join