It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessed rapist gets 45 days. Judge "14 year old victim wasn't as innocent due to sexual history.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
what the heck is with judges and rape sentencing lately? this is disgusting. just because the girl had a child and did not cry out or resist enough, this FEMALE judge gives her rapist, who CONFESSED, only 45 days in jail! if this punk did this to my daughter, he would become a eunuch!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

+7 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

Even a woman who works in the sex industry has the right to say NO

Her body ... Her choice ...

NO means NO in any language

+12 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne
Not only that but it was the rape of a minor. Rgardless of anyone's past sexual encounters, the second someone says no, it's rape.

A Texas judge used those words to justify the lighter-than-light sentence she gave to a rapist, telling the Dallas Morning News that the 14-year-old victim had three previous sexual partners and had given birth before the sexual assault.

Got that ladies, if you've had sex and had children and get raped, you deserved it! What the heck!! Grrrrr! This makes me so stinkin mad!!

Since when does rape only deserve probation!!! We have people in prison serving more time for non-violent offenses.

“There are rape cases that deserve life. There are rape cases that deserve 20 years,” Howard told the Dallas Morning News. “Every now and then you have one of those that deserve probation. This is one of those and I stand by it."
OP article

For 3,278 people, it was nonviolent offenses like stealing a $159 jacket or serving as a middleman.... An estimated 65% of them are Black. Many of them were struggling with mental illness, drug dependency or financial desperation when they committed their crimes.

None of them will ever come home to their parents and children. And taxpayers are spending billions to keep them behind bars.

A Living Death: Life without Parole for Non-Violent Offenses

If I lived in this city I would be protesting outside of the courthouse. Instead I'll email them to let them know how I feel!! This judge is out of bounds and needs to be fired.
edit on 2-5-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: add link

+1 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
so lets say a woman who is in her 30's or 40's, maybe married and divorced a couple of times and has had a couple of kids. would the judge give the same sentence because these women had obviously had a few sexual partners through their lives? this woman needs to be removed from the bench, ASAP!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The victim was 14 and the rapist was 18. Why was this not, at the very least, statutory rape??

J

+6 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We do live in a culture where rape seems to be okay. Just don't hurt the football program, don't hurt the rich guys feelings by sending him to jail, Just don't make it public or you'll hurt our image and so on. We do live in a rape culture. It's sickening.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Sorry, but this judge needs to be raped. Where's that instant karma when you need it?

Ridiculous.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Sorry, but this judge needs to be raped. Where's that instant karma when you need it?

Ridiculous.

I understand your frustration of a situation like this but, condoning the rape of another is not the answer.

Sure, this judge needs a bit of an awakening in regards to her poor "judgment" but, this isn't the answer.

I think there is something a bit more sinister going on in this case...there's something just not right.

It just doesn't make any sense at all.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Maybe this judge shares the same racist beliefs as Eric Holder and went lightly on this African American rapist because she has not sentenced enough white rapists to balance the quota.
edit on 2-5-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Ridiculous.

What he said.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
There is not a lot of details about the case in the source article. Its hard to make a judgement without being in possession of all the facts presented at the trial.

Was it an attack or are we talking about statutory rape?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
u know there was a time in this world,, America as well, not too long ago, u rape a woman,,any woman,, u hung from a tree untill dead. PERIOD.
But i guess with women's equality , with men position now a days,, "it just don't matter anymore",,45 days , half that on good behaviour,, such a joke.
And i suppose u treat a female like a slut all there life,,its there fault, not the setters of example.
ya whatever.
sad.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Texas... the land of the compassionate conservative!

Playing just the race card... wonder what the sentence would've been if the victim wasn't a minority?

Derek

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome
u know there was a time in this world,, America as well, not too long ago, u rape a woman,,any woman,, u hung from a tree untill dead. PERIOD.
But i guess with women's equality , with men position now a days,, "it just don't matter anymore",,45 days , half that on good behaviour,, such a joke.
And i suppose u treat a female like a slut all there life,,its there fault, not the setters of example.
ya whatever.
sad.

edit on 2-5-2014 by MagesticEsoteric because: I just can't.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I do appreciate the plight of rape victims, but rape victims have to take more responsibility for their own actions. If someone jumps out of the bushes, and rapes you, sure, slap that person down with the harshest sentence. But there's more to this story than is being released by the press. Don't be such sheep. Doesn't this website say, "Deny ignorance."

You Americans are really a poor breed of sheep. You call someone a rapist when a 14 year-old uses a fake id to illegally have sex with an adult. As if the adult is supposed to know.

Open your eyes, you sheep, there is more to this story than can be released.

EDIT: Yes, after receiving some valid criticisms from other members on here, I have to revise my original post. I still stand by what I said. However, I misunderstood what the original poster meant with the word "outraged." There is no other word to describe this feeling. I personally feel that the rapist should have received a 90 day sentence, so in that regards, I am outraged too. (Now you might feel it should be even longer, which is understandable to me, but I was just trying to emphasize that you do not have all the facts that the Judge has.)

At no point do I feel that it is the fault of a rape victim.

I am sorry if anyone is offended or upset. I hope this edit clarifies any misunderstanding.
edit on 2-5-2014 by iosolomon because: Added the "EDIT"

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

edit on 2-5-2014 by LadySkadi because: referenced wrong case

+6 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
originally posted by: iosolomon

Rape victims have to take more responsibility for their own actions.

This has to be one of the most infuriating statements I've ever read.

Have you, iosolomon, ever been raped sexually? Mom? Sister? Anyone close to you? If they haven't, I don't recognize your qualification to speak such a horrible, callous statement.

I was. As a young girl. Would you care to tell me how I could have been more "responsible"?

J

ETA: I thought not.
edit on 5/2/2014 by LadyJae because: added comment

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Did you guys read the part where the kid was initially ordered to do community service at a RAPE CRISIS CENTER?

Unbelievable..

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

That's really insensitive. This isn't a story of statutory rape. She said no and he continued and he actually confessed. That's the end of the story. It's rape. He forced his way on her.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae
originally posted by: iosolomon
As a young girl. Would you care to tell me how I could have been more "responsible"?
"

That depends on if you care to tell me the circumstances.

I do not mean to upset or offend anyone. I am NOT saying that rapists should not be punished or prosecuted. All I am saying is that "rape" in this country doesn't really mean rape.

Rape now means: "I consented, but I was underage, and lied to you."
"I consented, but I was drunk."
"I am a slut, and I flirted with you, but I never said yes, yet I never said no."

Yes, when someone does say, "No," the person should stop, but you're dealing with animals. Would you put your hand in the cage of a lion? Why would you put your body in the bedroom of a male? Like I said, women need to take more responsibility for their actions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join