It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Footage revealed Japan Tsunami caught on camera!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just found this did a search and came up empty.

All I can say is HOLYCOW!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954
Sad. All those cars and houses had dead people in them. What a horrid way to die.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This documentary has the most amazing footage,... the eerie music played in the background makes it more scary...

disaster in japan

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Indeed...

1:35 - 1:40 was a trip to watch...I actually said out loud to my screen, "turn the F^%$ around!!", as if it was live.

Thanks for sharing this, as I usually need a reminder that mother nature is the true Matriarch of this planet.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
cam shots are pretty gnarly man. There was no escaping that wall of water...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

That's nuts! It's one thing to see videos of the tsunami at a normal rate but with fast forward..oh boy! The water was pushing the cars and busses around like little toys.

Can not imagine the fear these people felt when the tsunami hit

edit on 2-5-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: grammar

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You are definitely right about there being bodies in many of those cars, but I would imagine that as long as the vehicle stayed above the surface, the occupant possibly could have survived in some instances. The two main fears of being caught in such a torrential wash of water is drowning and collisions with debris or solid structures. So theoretically speaking, if the occupant of a vehicle was not severely injured by the water impacting their vehicle, and their vehicle did not fill with water above the occupant's head, staying in the car would offer some sort of protection. I don't know the water temperature, or if the victims would get hypothermic, but drowning seems the biggest threat once the initial surge has struck.
I cannot imagine how terrible it would be to be driving and all of the sudden see a wall of water coming at me. I wonder if any of those cars that turned around were able to outrun the incoming water? I know that in the open ocean a tsunami can travel upwards of 500 mph, but once it hits land it will have to slow down. Still though, it is hard to tell just how fast it is moving.

It also depends however on the distance from the coast. The closer to the coast the larger the impact, as some energy will be lost as the surge moves inland. What I find astonishing is that, as seen in the Indian Ocean tsunami, people stand there filming, watching this water surging towards them, and they don't attempt to get to higher ground. I think what happens is this: you see water coming in, but it does not appear to be a traditional wave. It is, as I said, a surge, and the water level itself seems to have risen for a short distance from the beach. The water gets piled up there due to the shallow depth.

So I think this fools people. They don't see a massive wave, rather they just see a rush of water, and what I believe they're thinking is that it will recede, because it can be difficult to tell that there is so much force behind the surge. So people stand there watching it, not realizing that it will strike the building in which they are standing with a lot of force.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here are 3 videos.
The first is of the quake itself

The other ones are from a town called Minamisankru one of the hardest hit. Both videos are from opposite sites of the towns. (In the comments you can read that the woman's voice on the loudspeaker is cut of because she was swept away from the third floor of a building 20 meters above sealevel)

edit on 2-5-2014 by Dumbass because: vids

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
Just found this did a search and came up empty.

Thank you for sharing. I watch things like this to enhance my empathy knowing it's an incomplete analysis.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Watch the boat on the left side of the shot at the 29 sec mark... looks like it "sailed" right through... wild.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
WOW ...How freekey is that .That from a earth quake off shore ..I read a article about someone looking into a issue on the side of a mountain where it was considered that a wave about 600 feet high swept into a inlet ...crazy power

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That's crazy ....so e of that debris is now landing on US west coast .

top topics

join