It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many dead' in Ukraine offensive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well it looks like thing have taken a turn for the worse.

Many pro-Russia rebels have been killed, injured and arrested in the Ukrainian government offensive in the eastern city of Sloviansk, acting President Oleksandr Turchynov has said.

It's going to be interesting on how the US will react to the latest developments.

Russia has called for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council.

www.bbc.com...

www.stripes.com...
edit on 2-5-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wonder what Americas stance in this will be? They nearly invaded Syria because Assad used the military against the population, doesn't this mean they will want to bomb the Nazis in Kiev now? I wonder will they spot the hypocrisy themselves....
edit on 2-5-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Obama will send a super double with extra sauce and a side of horseradish condemnation...

edit on 5-2-2014 by jrflipjr because: pic

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Seeing how it was pro Russian people killed America will do the usual. At the most they will say it was a bad thing then find a way to blame the victims.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad
Wonder what Americas stance in this will be? They nearly invaded Syria because Assad used the military against the population, doesn't this mean they will want to bomb the Nazis in Kiev now?

No, but Russia might...

Looks like some world leaders have decided to call each others bluff. I hope you don't flinch Barry.

It looks like we now have a full on proxy war.
edit on 2-5-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Wonder what Americas stance in this will be? They nearly invaded Syria because Assad used the military against the population, doesn't this mean they will want to bomb the Nazis in Kiev now?

We all know how it will go down. These killed will be labelled "terrorists", giving the rogue government regime in Kiev a free pass from its backer, the rogue government regime in Washington.

There is only one determiner of right or wrong here. If you are beneficial to the agenda of TPTB, you are right, and possibly "fighting for freedom" or some other flowery euphemism. If you are detrimental to that agenda, you are a "terrorist" and must be killed immediately for the publics "safety".

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

SLOVYANSK, Ukraine — Pro-Russia forces shot down two Ukrainian helicopters Friday and Ukraine reported "many" rebels dead and wounded as the interim government in Kiev launched its first major offensive against an insurgency that has seized government buildings across the east.

Wait, I'm confused.

Earlier this year, thousands of anti-government protestors clashed with government forces.

The media portrayed these people in a very positive light.

Now that a pro-Western government has been installed, the media tells us that its bad to be anti-government...

a reply to: jrflipjr

originally posted by: jrflipjr
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Obama will send a super double with extra sauce and a side of horseradish condemnation...

What should the US do, go to war with Russia because Crimea voted to secede from the Ukraine?

The amount of hypocrisy is epic.

Our government starts pre-emptive wars based on lies, overthrows democratically elected governments and has military bases in 100+ nations.

But its only bad when someone else does it?

What our government needs to do is put an end to the warfare state, bring our troops home, stop attacking nations and use diplomacy for once.

We've got 13,000 diplomats mooching off our tax dollars. Put em to work.

edit on 2-5-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

No, I don't believe we should go to war, but I think a better approach form our administration should be, "Well played Putin...well played."

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Russia better watch out or John "Herman Munster" Kerry will make another idle threat. The Obama admin. might draw their 37th line in the sand on this issue.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I would say at this point what is to come is pretty much set in stone. The fighting will continue until May 11th, the referendum will be held, we all know the outcome of the referendum - the votes will be tallied, the results will come in. By that time Ukraine will be descending into full scale civil war and I predict the Russian troops will cross the border within 48 hours of the results of the referendum.

OR

The fighting will escalate in the next few days to the brink of civil war even before the referendum and then the Russian troops will be crossing the border even sooner. Either way - today sealed the deal. Both Putin and NATO basically today said peace is off the table. Ukraine will be a war zone by the end of the month.

All i am hoping for at this point - is for the war to end and the Ukraine be quickly divided up shortly after it all hits the fan. A fast Russian victory is not hard to imagine at all and parts more of Ukraine will be better off for the people in Russian hands than they would be in a years long civil war I dont care which side you are on....

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Wonder what Americas stance in this will be? They nearly invaded Syria because Assad used the military against the population, doesn't this mean they will want to bomb the Nazis in Kiev now? I wonder will they spot the hypocrisy themselves....

Right on, brother.We know the answer now don't we. Good to see you on the boards.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The unrest in Ukraine is worrisome. My youngest's best friend is from Ukraine. I asked her mother months ago whether or not her family still within Ukraine was safe considering the unrest that was occurring with Maidan and she said it will all be fine. I cannot even imagine what it must be like for them now, to worry over family members still there in this kind of situation. As to what to do, I don't think we should involve ourselves with Ukraine and, outside of Crimea as they did vote to go to Russia, Russia shouldn't have any involvement either. It's an internal affair that I hope resolves quickly without too much loss of life.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Welcome to Cold War 2.0. The terrorism thing didn't work it turned out to work against the west so now its back to the same old, tried and tested. Will this be the catalyst that eventually awakes the sleeping Dragon (China)? I think that's the biggest question from a global perspective. I think the West mainly the U.S have tried to play up to a disenfranchised domestic audience with this crisis.... Only Putin's calling there bluff. difference is I really don't think he's bluffing and I think he has support that we are yet to understand in terms of the Chinese and other resource rich country's.
In layman's I think were seeing a crumbling Empire trying to act in a capacity that it really cant back up. The world just repeats the same things over and over century after century the only thing that's growing is the capacity for destruction and this is what scares me about all of this. What will America (and its allies if they hang around of coarse) do once backed into a corner with no legitimate end game insight. The best situation I see here are a few proxy wars and civil war in Ukraine but this has all the hallmarks of something much naughtier.... just follow your history (wich we all too often seem doomed to repeat)
It certainly wont upset me to be wrong, I very much hope I am.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

So According to Americans on this issue rather then an idle threat.

Let America Bomb Russia Under an Republican president.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Are you all not sick of this yet...

Can we go a freakin month without doom factor 5 going down.

But of course lets have the world blow things up into a frenzy, fan the flames of death.

If Putin was as much of a killer as all you say he is I think there would be a lot more people dead now and a city decimated.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaanny have you actually read this thread?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Americans will want to stay out of it as we usually do. Our leadership is another story, the Nazis are apparently our allies. I suspect they will find a that Putin was guilty of some provocation.....you know anything to justify action to the masses.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

Sorry for the generalization, I of course ment the American government not their citizens, sorry for that.

top topics

join