It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pasadena California Public Health Director: Evolution is Satanic, Disney is Superstition/Witchcraft

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

the business owners that have the power in their pockets should demand his resignation. -

Unless he can be shown to have discriminated against anyone in doing his job, I think everyones statements are ridiculous. Every person has their own beliefs, some hold that they have certain responsibilities to their god and separate ones to their job, both can be accomplished in tandem.

If a Muslim had his job, they would still express their view as a muslim, but only have any wrongdoing if they DISCRIMINATED against non-muslims. the fact that they believe everyone should be muslim or they will go to hell would change nothing.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm getting really tired of the whole "paid administrative leave" crap. Since when does some poor schmo at Taco Bell get paid leave because he screwed up? Why is it that these positions that get this special treatment always supported by our taxes?

This guy is currently getting paid for nothing... BY US! And all he had to do was rattle off some ignorant garbage to get his vacation. So if you are a cop, just shoot people in the back for a vacation. If you are a politician, just get yourself into a scandal. If you are a government employee, just be prejudiced.

Why can't we keep these people in their office to actually fulfill their duties we pay them for while we figure out what to do with them? Is this guys job so unimportant that we can just remove him from it and still pay him?

Sorry for the side-rant. As far as his actions, it's also crap. You are entitled to your own opinions but, if you are a public figure and those opinions obviously direct your job performance, you can't just go on Youtube and tell the world how you feel when how you feel is that they are going to some eternal hellfire. How do you trust a guy like that to work in your best interests?

Man, I'm ranty today.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

City Manager Michael Beck announced Thursday that he has placed Public Health Director Dr. Eric Walsh on paid administrative leave following the discovery of online videos of religious sermons in which Walsh expresses discriminatory views on homosexuals, Muslims and others.

He is already discriminating against those that are not viewed under this believes as equal, he should have kept his opinions to himself and those closed to him.

But as usual those that feel superior to others when it comes to certain believes, their self-righteousness blind them making them arrogant.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
You're allowed to believe anything you want, but publically, you must conform with the state-mandated acceptable language (political correctness) or suffer the consequences.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
You're allowed to believe anything you want, but publically, you must conform with the state-mandated acceptable language (political correctness) or suffer the consequences.

Actually, I believe a change has recently occurred that also requires you to conform in your private life, "or else."

Its all pretty amazing actually.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

Actually, I believe a change has recently occurred that also requires you to conform in your private life, "or else."

Its all pretty amazing actually.

Its actually quite scary.

We are being mandated to think, talk, act in a manner dictated to by the state.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That's why I ask .... his speeches as a city employee are in direct contradiction to his speeches he gives as a 7th Day Adventist preacher. So which are how he really feels? And the only reason it's important is because, as Public Health Director he has to help take care of the very people he's out screaming hellfire and brimstone about. So does it matter? I am not sure on this one.

I know I wouldn't want a health official in charge of the city I live in if he spent his 'off time' screaming that I was an evil person and going to hell, etc etc ... Ya' know? It would make me question his ability to do his job evenly for all people ... and it would question if he had my safety first and foremost in mind.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

That's why I ask .... his speeches as a city employee are in direct contradiction to his speeches he gives as a 7th Day Adventist preacher. So which are how he really feels? And the only reason it's important is because, as Public Health Director he has to help take care of the very people he's out screaming hellfire and brimstone about. So does it matter? I am not sure on this one.

I know I wouldn't want a health official in charge of the city I live in if he spent his 'off time' screaming that I was an evil person and going to hell, etc etc ... Ya' know? It would make me question his ability to do his job evenly for all people ... and it would question if he had my safety first and foremost in mind.

Did he perform all duties required by his position?

If so, I could give a damn what he does on his off time.

But that's not the case anymore, is it.

We have to concern ourselves NOT with how a person does a job, but how he thinks when he isn't on the job as well.

What is 2+2?
(better not say 4, the state says, "5")

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yeah, I definitely didnt mean amazing in a good way.

Kind of like the feeling I imagine I would get if I saw a 1k mile wide asteroid entering the atmosphere directly above my head.

Amazing and scary.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

What is better, Beezzer, somebody that shows his true nature or somebody that acts as a hypocrite, while he will perform his duties as expected, is always that hidden doubt about his actions, why? very simple, his true nature is posted for everybody to see.

So how many people now will feel that they have been discriminated by his actions now when before they though it was just the way things are and the work when dealing with the city official.

It is something quite interesting to analyze, beezzer.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That's the problem now isn't it Beez'? Personally, IMO, if his actions are just and follow the proper path for the job at hand, it is none (I repeat none) of our danged business what he does in his personal life. If he does cross the line and let's his personal beliefs taint his professional actions, then, and only then, should he be disciplined for his actions alone.

As soon as we allow the govt to be thought police, we all are subject to towering the line not only in action but in thought as well. That is not what this country is about....IMO

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

What is better, Beezzer, somebody that shows his true nature or somebody that acts as a hypocrite, while he will perform his duties as expected, is always that hidden doubt about his actions, why? very simple, his true nature is posted for everybody to see.

So how many people now will feel that they have been discriminated by his actions now when before they though it was just the way things are and the work when dealing with the city official.

It is something quite interesting to analyze, beezzer.

I agree that some perceived bias can come as a result. But that's only because the revelations that he does something different in his personal life.

Shouldn't we all have some sort of expectation that what we do off hours stay private?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Shouldn't we all have some sort of expectation that what we do off hours stay private?

Should we expect it?

No, absolutely not. Evidence for such invasions abounds. We should expect an authoritarian and tyrannical force to abuse it, every single time.

So no, we shouldnt expect it at all. Rather, we should demand it in such circumstances and not be pulled into it when our strings start to get pulled.

There is no winning under the current paradigm. Anyone can be demonized for any reason at any time, and the only reason this works is because we expect otherwise and participate in perpetuating it.
edit on 2-5-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

originally posted by: amazing
If the idiot doesn't even believe in evolution he's too stupid to hold that job.

He should be fired.

That's your opinion. Evolution has not been proven.

It has. But, what is the alternative to Evolution? Tell me.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

He is already discriminating against those that are not viewed under this believes as equal, he should have kept his opinions to himself and those closed to him.

What an impossible position you are taking. There are no humans without their own belief system and discriminatory ideas. If they do not affect your job it is not anyone business who you like or what you believe.

Do you honestly think the President has no such discriminatory beliefs or anyone for that matter.

making them arrogant

Most public officials are arrogant.
edit on 2-5-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Clearly you can see that if you were in his job you could say on the one hand during work, "I like how Oprah helps so many people" yet when you have on your religious cap as a Catholic you might say, Oprah is spreading abortion by spouting her belief that it is ok. There is no contradiction there.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ElohimJD

While he is entitled to his religious beliefs, I see a huge conflict of interest. He is a public health director making derogatory comments about groups of people that most likely receive public healthcare. Would his viewpoints on say...homosexuality have a negative impact to homosexuals in the area? Possibly:

Walsh, an associate pastor at Altadena Seventh-day Adventist Church, was hired as the director of Pasadena's Public Health Department in 2010, Boyer said. He also served as the city's public health officer and oversaw the creation of a dental clinic that served low-income patients, as well as those with HIV/AIDS who could not get care elsewhere, Boyer said.
OP Article
edit on 2-5-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: oops

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

In that case the whole thing should be left to individuals who come forward and show they were indeed discriminated against. But on the basis of someone's religious feelings spoken because they believe they (religiously) should be spoken...how inappropriate.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned every human being on this planet has the potential to discriminate. The question is, did he ? not could he or might he discriminate and as far as I can see he hasn't.

Penny

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I know ... I know .... It's his business and he has a right ... I"m just say'n ... it would make me nervous if I was one of those people he was out preaching against. He's supposed to be helping everyone and caring for everyone. Nervous is understandable. Ya' know??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join