It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Commonwealth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Maybe I'm giving 'them' too much of a hard time. After all, we use them as much as they use us.
I don't know what I'd do without the 'Christmas elves' (if those elves catch you doing that, Santa won't come...).
How many young women have they saved from assault - if you walk through those woods alone etc etc. We need them really, for a variety of things. It is in our interest to have them around, and keep the balance going.

I hadn't thought of it that way before

edit on 5-5-2014 by beansidhe because: caps

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Maybe I'm giving 'them' too much of a hard time. After all, we use them as much as they use us.
I don't know what I'd do without the 'Christmas elves' (if those elves catch you doing that, Santa won't come...).
How many young women have they saved from assault - if you walk through those woods alone etc etc. We need them really, for a variety of things. It is in our interest to have them around, and keep the balance going.

I hadn't thought of it that way before

You also brought up electromagnetism, which is rather interesting. I tend to have various EM anomalies throughout my life at any given time. Perhaps that is connected.

Now, dont get me wrong, I feel that these species are troublemakers. For some, such as myself, I can see the humor in it. As I am sure those participating in this thread can imagine (where is the GUT, missing part of the Kantz Krew
) some people cant see the humor in much of anything. This would lead to a specific perception.

The biggest curiosity for me is about the specific encounter I entailed. All others made some sort of sense, or were rather straightforward. But the one I shared in this thread leaves me just wondering. Why touch my forehead with a wand? Nothing seemingly changed, so perhaps it was just to "troll" me. In which case, I say, "Touche!"

Kantz, if a species were to have originated after the Yellowstone eruption a bit over 2 million years ago, and made an exodus just before the eruption 640,000 years ago, that would have given them more than double the time to evolve as the H. Sapiens. They also would likely follow some of the same trends that we do, if not significantly passing our own current technology. If they are coming back (I am sure you understand what I am referring towards) within a certain timeframe, then it is likely they went to the Orion Nebula. It is one of the most heavily studied areas, and the first in which we have found molecular oxygen. The round trip would have taken roughly 3,000 lightyears for them. Travelling at just under c though has rather tricky situations in which the factor of change rises exponentially.

However, if the factor of change was roughly two hundred, or ~.9999875c, then this journey would take roughly 300,000 years Earth-time (one way). To go there and come back it would take roughly 640,000 years. The years in between would likely be relative to those on Earth, but with perhaps better record keeping. So, escape what seemed to be an ELE (though it was "only" a 1k cu. km eruption), set up shop, and come back... And you have roughly the time frame that is mentioned in your other thread. Its difficult to say though, given the amount of unknown variables. This is ONLY using the variable given in the other thread of roughly 3 months to 50 years (so, for 1 year, it would proportionally be 200 years).

When one starts to get closer at closer to reaching 1 (the full speed of light), the smaller and smaller we get. Our mass gains, but our size drastically decreases. If one were to go fast enough, what might happen is that they pop back into the universe on an entirely different scale. Perhaps the quantum is just the next scale down. Maybe we can directly travel through the quantum by becoming small enough. Or dying a horrible, yet rapid death. One of the two.

edit on 5-5-2014 by Serdgiam because: corrections, need coffee. COFFEE

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Your story is a strange one, for sure. Short of a custard pie in the face, that just seems like cheek! Touching your forehead with a wand seems such a cliche almost, do you know what I mean? As if it knew what you had recognised it as, and therefore it obliged in the way that it should, that would be expected of it. It's hard to explain without thinking of it as cheeky or humorous. As if you both shared a private joke together. Your friend, who felt watched, and anxious, didn't 'get the joke' maybe? That's my interpretation, lol!
Funny you say that about humour, because my grandmother used to say that when they steal things, don't get upset-just tell them you need it back and don't make a fuss - they like that. I still do that in the garden, believe it or not. If I misplace a trowel, I still say something like 'right, very good, I need that back thanks.' And strangely, it does always turn up straight away. It's funny the rituals you go through without consciously thinking about where they originated from!

As far as electromagnetism goes, I clearly have none. Automatic doors rarely open for me - I must be lacking in something.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Excellent.

I remember reading Kirk's effort years ago and thought it neat and quaint. A record of the ignoramuses beliefs before they faded... a good anthropological work.

And then I found out "supernatural" beings (or perfectly natural unclassified beings) actually, really, truly exist.

It knocked me for a loop and I haven't yet recovered.

Vallee, Keel and such equate the UFOs and fairy phenomena and they might be exactly right. Maybe they traded in their fairy mounds for high tech, flying ones.

Either way, those that live in the unnatural environs of the city will, mostly, continue to think this stuff is for the simple. I miss the days when I had most of the answers, sometimes, because these quasi material beings are weird and shouldn't be according to our most brilliant guesses... but they are.

Score one for magik or science yet to be...

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

You bring up an interesting point:

Living in a City.

At this point, we generally arent even talking about for a couple years, but several generations of people who have lived in this environment.

I am not sure which facet of this lifestyle it may be (most likely a combination of more than one), but I believe there is something about living in that environment that causes our progress as a species/genera to come to a halt or possibly even "reverse." It manifests as not only a separation from "reality," but seems to cause vastly negative effects across the board.

Coupled with forming the basis of reality through industrialized/politicized/monetized/etc science, these things can serve to really mess with things. I wonder how much advantage is taken in these circumstances to program people to believe in a reality completely different from their own, but one that is created solely for the purpose of control and division.

These types of undiscovered fauna would be likely to avoid such areas altogether, even further reinforcing a reality that may not line up with what is actually here and now.

Its a conspiracy, I tells ya!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Hmm. That then obliterates my puny theory and now the sociologist in me is getting anxious, lol.
Because rape, child abduction, theft etc etc is probably a lot more likely in a city and so fairies would be needed more than ever. Unless of course we can make the nameless other in a city a person, 'they', not us. It's hard to do that in a small town, since you're accusing someone you know, so fairies fit the bill - an accusation without the unpleasant conversation afterwards with the accused's family of friends.
Where do alien things happen? On quiet roads (I guess, I don't know much about it).

Coupled with forming the basis of reality through industrialized/politicized/monetized/etc science, these things can serve to really mess with things. I wonder how much advantage is taken in these circumstances to program people to believe in a reality completely different from their own, but one that is created solely for the purpose of control and division.

Would that not suggest that someone, somewhere knows what they are? Could it maybe be that it suits some folk to have confusion around instead? I mean, that's sort of the result of someone coming forward and saying they've met an alien or a fairy or a monster. Some people believe them, some don't, psychiatry is usually mentioned at some point, the general sense is that this person is 'away with the fairies' (as we would say here, lol!). In other words no one is quite sure what's going on. That, I imagine, would suit some people better.

So the confusion and not knowing could be how to control people, rather than some people having explicit knowledge of an otherworld and exploiting their knowledge accordingly and secretly. So, sometimes people argue about whether spaceships exist or not, or whether they are just secret military projects. If I was running a top secret military plane exercise, it would suit me fine if people were confused about it and arguing amongst themselves about whether it was a spaceship or a plane. Because then they wouldn't be wondering about what I was planning to do with my top secret plane!

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

To be fair, I was speaking about something much bigger than just Faeries. And I definitely wasnt talking about any type of otherworldly presence guiding the hand of obfuscation.

Just that... perhaps the social conditioning that is ever-present might be backed by physical changes according to the radiation and chemical enriched environment of "The City."

And yes, they most certainly use duality to achieve their goals. As long as one presents something where BOTH the positive and negative reaction can work towards a similar goal.. its all really quite easy. We even see these puppet strings being pulled on ATS daily, in almost every thread.

Shame, really... Puppets dancing to a tune they cant even hear.. instead of hearing the universe itself.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I can't get my head round anything much bigger than fairies, lol!
You're suggesting that the city itself, by it's own nature, effects people as well as social conditioning? That's a really good point, I hadn't thought of it in that way. I'll need to think on that for a while until it sinks in.

And yes, they most certainly use duality to achieve their goals. As long as one presents something where BOTH the positive and negative reaction can work towards a similar goal.. its all really quite easy.

Clever, but incredibly simple. I wonder what their goal is?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

I can't get my head round anything much bigger than fairies, lol!
You're suggesting that the city itself, by it's own nature, effects people as well as social conditioning? That's a really good point, I hadn't thought of it in that way. I'll need to think on that for a while until it sinks in.

Ill clarify a bit.

The city changes people and it physically removes them from "nature." I am just a human, not some otherworldly being (as far as I know) and it even bothers me. We see much higher incidents of crime, and various other "sins," per capita. In combination with radio signals, an inordinately fast pace, microwave signals, and perhaps bio-electrical interference between bodies, perhaps this all works towards creating an insular reality for these people. Many people living in big cities dont even like "nature," much less spend any time "out in the wild." So, some of these people literally wont venture outside of a big city for their entire lives. I think we are probably aware how much of a disconnect there would be if this happened the other way around, and we call it "feral." I suspect that there is a similar behavior that results from dwelling in an insular reality like a city, but its so much more widespread that its not easy for anyone to actually identify it.

Clever, but incredibly simple. I wonder what their goal is?

I think its simple short-sightedness. It is a system that is in place to control and divide the population so that the oligarchy can continue to profit grossly out of proportion with the society in which they reside. Ironically, these plans are very, very long-term and yet they suffer from an incredibly myopic viewpoint.

The thing is, we have a universe here that seems to even satisfy personal greed by fostering the growth of the society they live within. But, this is a truth that is not considered by many. The math and studies are there, but they are not considered relevant and remain obscure and obfuscated.

They are misguided, basically. Thinking that the best way to improve their own quality of life is at the expense of others. But, they are wrong. A lot of time was given to learn the lesson, and yet..

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Aaaah, I see what you are saying. The city creates an 'aferal' society (for want of a better word). My friend went to work in London for a while, and when I asked if she liked living there, she said 'no, it's weird, there's no weather.' I knew what she meant, much like you are saying about the disconnect from nature.
Throw in some petrol fumes, microwave signals, noise, constant light, and stew for a couple of generations, then yes - a bizarre petri dish of ingredients.
(Back on fairies, maybe they're created from whatever ingredients are about? Just a thought).

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I should qualify a bit... my own personal experience was with something we term ghosts, but it opened the door to all these beings we term "supernatural." As in, if some intelligence is moving around and affecting change in our physical world without a visible or tangible body (at times), then our modern physics are skewed ... we are missing a huge chunk of knowledge and all bets are off.

Talking to people I trust who've seen ethereal beings, some of whom were very small, solidified, for myself, that fairies sure could actually exist.

Anything else is mostly speculation, but other people through the ages have looked into the matter, like Kirk, and found they are linked to the natural systems of the world... like avatars for the eco-system, I guess.

Others speculate they have more of a individual awareness, like we seem to.

In the end, my curiosity is piqued but I'm left grasping at phantasms... which is a nice metaphor for the human experience.

As far as our "artificial" environments of the cities (the term 'artificial' is problematic as anything a natural creature does is, by definition, natural)... after all the sociological and psychological terms are applied, we are left with the very human feeling of something being "off." A disconnect with the intricacies around us... a loss of fairy, perhaps.

Maybe they are mischievous when we go against the workings of nature... the system we are immersed in... like code checkers, making sure the information remains coherent? But just guessing...

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

That's a pretty good guess, I would say.
My own mother swears she saw two of them come to the door, shortly before the phone rang with news that her brother had drowned.
She described them the way John Keel described his uber-weird fairy, Indrid Cold, if you remember that story.
I love your theory that they are the checkers, the 'connectors' back to nature.
They definitely have -or the stories about them have -a link to nature, or what is real. The irony! (Iron???
)

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Some interesting thoughts, giving this consideration my thoughts are that what is involved is the 'spirit of place', the Genii Loci, in conjunction with whatever spirit an individual might find themselves under the influence of, in conjunction with atmospheric and seasonal/temporal/astrological variables.

All Celtic Deities were Genii Loci in that their cults were established in locales that it was thought best represented their qualities, and this in conjunction with the flower and fauna through which also they were manifest, a spirit of place is also determined by what has happened there, burial mounds continue in some sense the rites and traditions of the times they were created in, when the cult of the Genii Loci was strongly established, all this then is independent of the individual that happens by, perhaps unaware.

We are all given over to a myriad of spiritual intrigues which are of a reality above and beyond ourselves, those that say we aren't are strongly under the influence of Jupiter to a calamitous extent and cannot see beyond reason, but all this is as the wind blows.

When these factors begin to add up, the right person/spirit in the right place under the right conditions then there is the possibility of magical manifestation. This could be of any sort, here in Lancashire we tend to have many tales of Boggarts, dwellers in dank and dark places, wicked and destructive creatures, put a certain sort in a wretched hovel and boggarts they'll be haunting the neighbourhood no doubt, the Jovians will say clean up the neighbourhood then and be rid through social transformation and they're right if you merely want to replace lesser goblins with oppresive aspects of the cult of Jovis Maximus.

I've known people who've seen the Boggarts entering and moving within a room and interacting with individuals, though they didn't understand them as such, more attempting to relate them to the 'alien phenomena', which they aren't, they're as old as the land itself and like weeds easily grown.

Being able to see such, whether wretched Boggarts or the beautiful shining ones is as was noted in the OP a spiritual quality in and of itself, the tradition of the seers, you have to be under a certain spiritual influence, primarily that of Uranus, and conditions have to be favourable.

edit on Kam531127vAmerica/ChicagoThursday0831 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Yeah re: information checkers, and I'm familiar with Keel and Cold. The whole MIB thing, when explored in some detail, reeks of "fairy" more than interstellar travelers. Though, as I've said before ad 'nauseum,' the UFO phenomenology could include astronauts and spirits and any mix of the two... we just don't have enough information to know.

Really, I have a hunch that though they exist on some level, this reality we share is more ephemeral than most would think. "Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream ...etc." always struck me as deeply profound.

Oh and K, in regards to genii loci, although your intent in posting might differ from this thought, it always struck me as odd how certain locations in space/time are home to spirits that seem detached from space/time... or our physicality anyway.

There are certainly, in my experience, places filthy with spirit... and these days, more geographic locals with nary the sign of one disembodied beasty... why would that be?

If I was free of my pink, squishy shell, I'd be flitting all over creation... or at least hanging out at the nearest high school shower (heh). Why is this (meaning why the tie of place to spirit, not my gross sexual proclivities)?

edit on 5/9/2014 by Baddogma because: the predictive program provided the wrong word and I missed it... that is the reason for my edit... happy?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Does everyone else know about this? I came across the project whilst looking at something else and my tiny mind is struggling with it.

Archaeomagnetism

Understanding the age of a given site is central to all archaeological studies. Archaeomagnetic dating is a valuable technique as it samples materials such as fired clay and stone, found frequently on archaeological sites in structures such as kilns, hearths, ovens and furnaces. Archaeomagnetism provides a date of when the material was last heated, which usually relates to the last time the structure was used. The date is therefore archaeologically significant and can be related to a specific human activity.

A project was launched by the University of Bradford and English Heritage to develop archaeomagentic dating for application in UK archaeology, funded as part of the AHRC's Knowledge Transfer Fellowship scheme.

They seem to be dating the above type of finds by considering the strength of the earth's magnetic field at certain times in it's past.
That's almost exactly what people on this thread are discussing, only on an ephemeral plane. As if memories of time get stuck in rocks and stones? Could 'heated' events have the same impact? Driving through Glen Coe, for example, still gives me the creeps.
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but thought you'd all like a look.

Row, row, row your boat? Yes, I guess so, we should create our reality merrily. Well spotted, Baddogma

edit on 10-5-2014 by beansidhe because: Helps if the link works.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

The Sumerians were certainly of the opinion that a spirit couldn't enter the Underworld unless the correct rituals were performed over the deceased, as was also the case with most other cultures, that it would loiter were death had transpired, so it seemed active engagement was required on the part of the living to facilitate this passing, indicating inter-connectivity and responsibilities between the living and the dead.

The physical remains, tomb and possessions of a deceased were also understood as maintaining a link between the realms, so in the case of a burial mound if you were in proximity then you were also close to 'the other side' as a point of transition, hence any number of horror films getting up to all sorts in grave yards.

This of course only concerns itself with ghosts and Underworld minions and beyond that insane manifestations of chaos and oblivion, the Faeries as the Shining Ones are at the other end of the spectrum, but in tradition the entrance to both was within the entrance cave of the magic mountain of the horizon, a descending passage and an ascending stairway, the two entrance ways being in the same general locale.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Archeomagnetism is fascinating and a truly neat tool in dating what previously had to be dated by context with its surroundings. I'm pretty removed from anthropological academia these days put try to keep up somewhat.

Only slightly related, but striking me as cool, is the find from a few decades ago that certain ceramics, when they were spun into being on a pottery wheel (forgot what they're called... Sat night and I'm two or three sheets), actually recorded the ambient audio at the time in the manner of a phonograph.

I read a single article about it ...then nothing... so I'm not sure if it's been validated, but the general idea seemed good... off to google.

And K, assuming "spirits" exist (which I do through experience, but I do not assume to know their true nature), there should be far more around if funerary rights were the only key between realms as we now, in many regards, burn and forget (or whatever) the deceased.

I would think the elaborate funerary rights were based on something as we were pretty busy simply eating, and taking the time for anything other than survival, in such a universal way, strikes me as practical at some level. Meaning there was very likely a reason for placating dead, possibly grouchy, relatives.

Perhaps there is a volunteer force on the "other side" who takes up the ritual slack in the psychopomp system?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join