It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department: 'Libya Has Become a Terrorist Safe Haven'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
For the 2nd time in two years, the U.S. State Department has classified Libya as a Terrorist Safe Haven.

HUH ?

What the devil did they destroy and annihilate the whole place for ?

I thought it was to topple a renegade dictator government ?

I bet the plan all along was to set up a "secure" staging zone for smuggling arms.

Strange too is the fact that the State Department report has Libya listed in the Middle-East.

The State Department's latest report on global terrorism, released Wednesday, lists Libya as a terrorist safe-haven for the second year in a row.

"With a weak government possessing very few tools to exert control throughout its territory, Libya has become a terrorist safe haven and its transit routes are used by various terrorist groups, notably in the southwest and northeast," says the 2013 Country Reports on Terrorism released on Wednesday, April 30.

State Department: 'Libya Has Become a Terrorist Safe Haven'

"Yes Mr. Obama,
You can have Libya,
I agree to retire in Italy.
Thank You very much !"

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Should have left Qadhafi there

Just like Egypt, they got rid of Mubarak and for what? The Muslim Brotherhood???
Iraq....more mayhem & bombings now that Saddam is gone

Makes one wonder whose side our government is for?
What is their ulterior motive?
They go in these countries and take out the leaders only to leave it wide open for terrorists
Smart, real smart....[/sarcasm]

edit on 2-5-2014 by snarky412 because: spweeling

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The CIA Annex must be working OT on producing, arming "terrorists" beyond Syria freedom fighters...most on Hillary's watch.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

An example of America spreading "democracy"

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Ahh .. another shining example of american gunbarrel dumbocracy and freedumb .. guess they didnt make enough bloodmoney when they deposed Qadhafi ..

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
If you like sovereignty you can keep your sovereignty.

On would almost believe the US is being led by the four horseman lol.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

Should have left Qadhafi there

Just like Egypt, they got rid of Mubarak and for what? The Muslim Brotherhood???
Iraq....more mayhem & bombings now that Saddam is gone

Makes one wonder whose side our government is for?
What is their ulterior motive?
They go in these countries and take out the leaders only to leave it wide open for terrorists
Smart, real smart....[/sarcasm]

Dont forget the US put them there in the first place, must have been a cold shower for prospect US allies...

originally posted by: MessageforAll
If you like sovereignty you can keep your sovereignty.

On would almost believe the US is being led by the four horseman lol.

You mean like your healthplan? I see what you did there

edit on 2014u15201405am02 by Yusomad because: add quote

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
The funny thing is Gaddafi spoke about this very thing before the No fly Zone was put in place, he actually knew terrorists would take over Libya if he was ousted.

What makes this a joke is that not long ago the media believed they had evidence that Gadaffi did not orchestrate the Lockerbie bombing so one must ask the question, what was so bad about him in the first place?

Lockerbie evidence

Twenty-five years after the Lockerbie bombing, Al Jazeera has uncovered evidence which casts doubt over the entire investigation and trial into what was the biggest case of mass murder ever seen in Scotland.

Documents obtained by the network, and verified by security and legal experts, point to the involvement of Iran's secret service, Hezbollah and the armed group The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) - General Command.

Now remember, Al-Jazeera is a Western puppet media outlet so these pricks could be just lying again for all we know. It just makes me wonder what else they have lied about and how many people have been killed because of it. All I really know is that Libya just like Iraq and Syria are doomed.
edit on 2-5-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The world is so much safer after fighting the axis of evil / terrorists.

Does hell exist? well it's seems to spread in more and more places in this world.

edit on 2-5-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Gadhafi had to go for a number of reasons. One being one of the first to openly question the Unfair economical advantage of the US because of the Petrodollar.

According to more than a few observers, Gadhafi’s plan to quit selling Libyan oil in U.S. dollars — demanding payment instead in gold-backed “dinars” (a single African currency made from gold) — was the real cause. The regime, sitting on massive amounts of gold, estimated at close to 150 tons, was also pushing other African and Middle Eastern governments to follow suit.
www.thenewamerican.com...

Also less known, but equal important of why Gadhaf was butchered like this. He would serve as an example.

Gaddafi’s dream

It was Muammar Gaddafi’s dream to provide fresh water for all Libyans and to make Libya self-sufficient in food production. In 1953, the search for new oilfields in the deserts of southern Libya led to the discovery not just of significant oil reserves, but also of vast quantities of fresh water trapped in the underlying strata. The four ancient water aquifers that were discovered, each had estimated capacities ranging between 4,800 and 20,000 cubic kilometers. Most of this water was collected between 38,000 and 14,000 years ago, though some pockets are believed to be only 7,000 years old.
www.globalresearch.ca...

And now I expect two or tree members barging in here refuting said articles.

edit on ndAmerica/Chicago502000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
The funny thing is Gaddafi spoke about this very thing before the No fly Zone was put in place, he actually knew terrorists would take over Libya if he was ousted.

What makes this a joke is that not long ago the media believed they had evidence that Gadaffi did not orchestrate the Lockerbie bombing so one must ask the question, what was so bad about him in the first place?

Lockerbie evidence

Twenty-five years after the Lockerbie bombing, Al Jazeera has uncovered evidence which casts doubt over the entire investigation and trial into what was the biggest case of mass murder ever seen in Scotland.

Documents obtained by the network, and verified by security and legal experts, point to the involvement of Iran's secret service, Hezbollah and the armed group The Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP) - General Command.

Now remember, Al-Jazeera is a Western puppet media outlet so these pricks could be just lying again for all we know. It just makes me wonder what else they have lied about and how many people have been killed because of it. All I really know is that Libya just like Iraq and Syria are doomed.

he paid the restitution, also.

gave up his WMD's long ago.

mubarik, shame on obama again.

where is egypt and lybia located?
right next to each other.

www.google.com...,+egypt+libya&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=g1djU4q9L8ewuAT-r4EI&ved=0CCoQsAQ

guess who is in the neighborhood?

yeah, why obama went ahead with all this is inexplicable.

link   

Maybe you shouldn't have instigated a coup and purposely destabilized the whole region. Gadaffi was no saint but compared to our government he might as well have been.

One mess after another. When is anyone going to blame the foremost culprits of international instability? It's comical how they act like this is something totally new and of unknown origins.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

To be honest with you, if my government gave it's citizen's the benefits that Gadaffi gave his, I would never question let alone give a damn what the government done. Those people had it pretty good over there during Gadaffis dictatorship. But I guess that's what you get for actually caring about your peoples interests.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Bomb the crap out the place, arm the hardline Islamic rebel minority, then just walk away, with no plan for post conflict stabilization.....what the hell did they expect?

Of course, as we have seen before, and still do, that is the plan. Get rid of any blocks to total banking control and damn the consequences and resulting death and destruction. That can be dealt with later and also incurs profits! Time for another large one at the club gentlemen!

top topics

join