It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin's Torture Comments

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: tsingtao

a reply to: tsingtao

i wonder if the palin bashers will come up with anything different now. she scares the left too.

The "Palin bashers" don't have to come up with anything when it comes to her because sooner or later she will open her mouth and show her ignorance. She doesn't just scare the left she scares anyone with a brain in their head.

same ol same ol palin basher memes.

misogynistic much people?

like i said, you are here and she is there.
war on women? sure, 6 yrs out and she still scares you people.
she has my support and obama has yours.

make yourselves feel good, i'm sure she cares.

Typical Palin supporter. You don't like Palin so you either don't like women or are a Obama supporter. You are wrong on both counts. Moosejaw barbie has never scared me and never will what scares me is how part of the American public has become so ignorant that they would support someone like her. She claims to be Christian but constantly spouts things that would make Jesus say WTF. She constantly brings up how she supports the constitution but ignores when it comes to torture and violating other peoples rights.

prove my point much?

what do u know about anything?
i guess you are one of the REALLY smart ones, right?

what other people einstien? terrorists?

terrorists are people but corporations are not? lol!!!! wtf is right!
"moosejaw barbie?"
it really doesn't sit well with your, supposedly non misogynistic views about the war on women, that the right has going.
does it?

or is it only women that "deserve it"

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

this place is getting a little weird in it's operation.
(i can't star and had a glich just a minute ago)

she is totally right on!

can't wait to feel the hate. lol!! the sounds of heads exploding off in the distance.

i wonder if the palin bashers will come up with anything different now.

she scares the left too.

No, she amuses and appals (in equal measure) anyone with a basic grasp of facts.

what facts?

she out mans you and all the other haters.

ya'll don't have the stones to do what needs to be done.

I see. So you are proposing what exactly? Torturing everyone suspected of terrorism? Waterboarding is torture. The fact that Caribou Barbie can't grasp that simple fact says a great deal about just how ignorant she is. Or perhaps she knows that it is torture and she's being a cynical politician who doesn't want to be seen to soft on terror.

torture? says who?
most of this thread is torture.

"too soft on terror?" lol!!!!!!!!

kinda have ta acknowledge it exists, right?

i could go on but i think, "workplace violence" explains it all. (ft. hood)

Well, the UN says it's torture, Senator John McCain says it's torture, the British Government says its torture and the US Government after World War 2 said it was torture. The only people who say that it isn't are morally stunted morons like Sean Hannity who has yet to undergo it after saying that he'd see what it was like. But then he's a yapping hack.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: groingrinder

Here is the deal. We are waterboarding SUSPECTED TERRORISTS. They are not terrorists until they have been tried and found guilty of terrorism in a court of law. Why don't we waterboard SUSPECTED DRUNK DRIVERS or SUSPECTED RAPISTS too??

That would be because suspected drunk drivers or suspected rapist are by and large US citizens with constitutional rights. On the other hand suspected terrorist are usually from another country picked up in another country and interrogated in another country as to not offend your sensibilities. They call it rendition.

On the seldom occasion your president has been known to drone strike a American/Terrorist bypassing his or her 4th amendment rights in lieu of seeking approval from the legal entities within the government. The sweet smell of a hellfire missile delivered by POTUS approval from a kill list written by the law breaker himself. And you thought Bush was evil. Of course the only difference is Bush would have done it with enthusiasm, whereas Obama would waffle for an hour and have someone else decide.

After some thought, you may have a point.
These "suspected terrorists" are not as good as "WE ARE"; most of them don't really have the right to draw another breath of air. It should be saved for us Americans.
It is also alright for us to inforce our international corporations right to exploite their resources for our own consumption and invade to kill a bunch of them if they object. And if they dare to defend themselves, or their country, that's when they become "suspected terrorists" which makes it even more necessary to torture and kill them.
At the same time, if anyone here in the states speaks up on their behalf we can rightly be labled the same and are to be treated accordingly.
This is what makes our country and culture so much superior to anything "over there".

Does that just about sum up the "Palin docturine"; I say this because, as I remember it, she didn't seem to have any idea when ask about the Bush docturine.

yeah, bush didn't have a doctrine when she was asked,

and when the hell did the world adopt the US constitution and became US citizens?
was i asleep?

smoke a joint in malaysia or singapore.

hey! get drunk in saudi arabia! or maybe just pull off a couple of head scarfs in pakistan.

i'd take a water board over what they will give out anyday.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander
a reply to: MarlinGrace

It seems quite obvious from your lack of deep thought and perspective that while you my have actually read the reply which you quoted, you have little comprehension of it's context or meaning.
If you, and many of similar thains of thought, had kept up with how history has unfolded over the past 100 years you would not have as much difficulty understanding what I am saying.

Sometimes it's odd how little it takes to "brainwash" many of those who think they are enlightened.

no kidding?

wow, you even admit it?

sorry dude.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

she is totally right on!

can't wait to feel the hate. lol!! the sounds of heads exploding off in the distance.

she scares the left too.

No, she amuses and appals (in equal measure) anyone with a basic grasp of facts.

what facts?

I see. So you are proposing what exactly? Torturing everyone suspected of terrorism? Waterboarding is torture. The fact that Caribou Barbie can't grasp that simple fact says a great deal about just how ignorant she is. Or perhaps she knows that it is torture and she's being a cynical politician who doesn't want to be seen to soft on terror.

torture? says who?

Well, the UN says it's torture, Senator John McCain says it's torture, the British Government says its torture and the US Government after World War 2 said it was torture. The only people who say that it isn't are morally stunted morons like Sean Hannity who has yet to undergo it after saying that he'd see what it was like. But then he's a yapping hack.

yeah, "they say"

you always try to deflect?

you quote bozo's. they lie and you swear to it.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

she is totally right on!

she scares the left too.

what facts?

torture? says who?

yeah, "they say"

you always try to deflect?

you quote bozo's. they lie and you swear to it.

???? It's torture. Everyone else - with the exception of Fox News - says that it's torture. So, you're saying it's not? Based on what?

By the way, there are things called 'capital letters' at the start of sentences. Try using them.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Sara Palin is free to make comments such as that and
I for one agree that waterboarding should be done to
garner information on and about the enemy.

Sometimes the low road will take you places the high road will not.

I am all for waterboarding to get intelligence and information.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

Name one incident where it actually provided credible, verifiable intelligence.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

that would seem to be top secret classified information that I am not privy to.

cant help you out there bub.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

that would seem to be top secret classified information that I am not privy to.

cant help you out there bub.

I see. So in other words you have nothing.

Here's a quote from John McCain: I asked CIA Director Leon Panetta for the facts, and he told me the following: The trail to bin Laden did not begin with a disclosure from Khalid Sheik Mohammed, who was waterboarded 183 times. The first mention of Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti — the nickname of the al-Qaeda courier who ultimately led us to bin Laden — as well as a description of him as an important member of al-Qaeda, came from a detainee held in another country, who we believe was not tortured. None of the three detainees who were waterboarded provided Abu Ahmed's real name, his whereabouts or an accurate description of his role in al-Qaeda.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
I get what you say about government :

Benghazi Attack Could Have Been Prevented If US Hadn't 'Switched Sides In The War On Terror'
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

and there is no way to be other then a warrior

what do the Elders say?
here is an old granny saying it straight:
"there will always be warriors and there will always be evil
the two should always stand opposed;
however, if the warriors should all choose the path of peace
evil has no teeth"

don't mind me Cav, you know my target is the instigators not the fighters, and after twenty five years of fight night as a bar and tap man...the ONE thing I know for sure is: targeting the instigators is the only truth

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

great, if you want to hear about buildings bombed after a subject was arrested

the chinese have a much better way to get accurate information on a foe
they put family resturaunts in all the places where people say it straight - farm country, the rust belt...
and maybe in Chi-town and DC too, and in the provincial and state capitols for the contrast, and just for ****'s and giggles...
and then they serve decent coffee and pretend not to speak english
its all in the art of WAR...

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

a reply to: tsingtao

i wonder if the palin bashers will come up with anything different now. she scares the left too.

The "Palin bashers" don't have to come up with anything when it comes to her because sooner or later she will open her mouth and show her ignorance. She doesn't just scare the left she scares anyone with a brain in their head.

same ol same ol palin basher memes.

misogynistic much people?

like i said, you are here and she is there.
war on women? sure, 6 yrs out and she still scares you people.
she has my support and obama has yours.

make yourselves feel good, i'm sure she cares.

Typical Palin supporter. You don't like Palin so you either don't like women or are a Obama supporter. You are wrong on both counts. Moosejaw barbie has never scared me and never will what scares me is how part of the American public has become so ignorant that they would support someone like her. She claims to be Christian but constantly spouts things that would make Jesus say WTF. She constantly brings up how she supports the constitution but ignores when it comes to torture and violating other peoples rights.

prove my point much?

what do u know about anything?
i guess you are one of the REALLY smart ones, right?

what other people einstien? terrorists?

terrorists are people but corporations are not? lol!!!! wtf is right!
"moosejaw barbie?"
it really doesn't sit well with your, supposedly non misogynistic views about the war on women, that the right has going.
does it?

or is it only women that "deserve it"

Terrorist are real people corporations are buildings one is living and breathing the other is not. What does this have to do with Palin??
And I apologize to the people of Moosejaw Canada if they were offended by that name.
LOL what war on women? Have I said women have no place in politics? Palin doesn't have the intellect to be in politics on the national scene her gender has nothing to do with it. Hell she wasn't even able to finish her term as Governor and people wanted to vote for her as VP.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Even the Nazis learned that torture doesn't work. If you keep hurting a person they will tell you what you want to hear just to stop the pain. You don't have to be a genius to figure that out.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There's several reasons why it doesn't work.

1. Sayid Qutb - the inventor of political Islam set up the first Islamic teror movement in Egypt as a direct result of being tortured by the CIA (hourly whippings and being smeared in animal grease tthen having dogs set on him). His torture created Al Qu'eda.

2. The vast majority of people who've been or currently are tortured in Guantanamo are completely innocent - The US offered Afghan warlords $3,000 - $25,000 per 'terrorist' without demanding evidence - so the warlords rounded up any young men who looked vaguely Arabic. (see multiple cases of people being released without charge after being tortured for 10 years plus).

3. It doesn't work - all scientific data shows torture is not a valid way of extracting info, people will make any old thing up when they think they're dying.

4. Terrorists fight the US as they see them as evil aggressors. Rounding up villages of totally innocent people and torturing them for decades without evidence or charge is the biggest recruitment tool Al Qu'eda has.

Until the US joins the civilized world, you're going to be the main target for these kinds of groups.

So OP, will you let me kidnap your family, fly them halfway around the world, torture them for decades then release them without so much as an apology? Thought not.
edit on 4-5-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

I understand you concept of "Suspected Terrorist" and wanting a trial before calling them a terrorist and using methods to extract information. Your thinking is completely skewed, you can't convict, torture, extract, interrogate, etc. someone that kills themselves in the act of their terror assignment.

How would you go about bringing a terrorist that used a exploding vest to trial, before waterboarding? These candy ass ideas of how to treat terrorist is ridiculous, they are trying to kill us at every opportunity. Ask Daniel Pearl if would have thought waterboarding is to horrible. Ask if wife if she would have if it would have saved him.

It's not a difficult concept, get the information before they kill themselves and someone else. If we wait for trial in the US it would take years, and their peers would be muslims brought from a predominantly islamic neighborhood.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

4. Terrorists fight the US as they see them as evil aggressors. Rounding up villages of totally innocent people and torturing them for decades without evidence or charge is the biggest recruitment tool Al Qu'eda has.

prove this or I call major BS.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

not first hand, not second hand , not even third hand information, no it is fourth hand information.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: spirited75

It's well documented in a uni paper which includes the original bounty leaflets here: www.reprieve.org.uk...

“You can receive millions of dollars for helping the anti-Taliban force catch al-Qaeda and Taliban murderers. This is enough money to take care of your family, your village, your tribe for the rest of your life — pay for livestock and doctors and school books and housing for all your people."

The BBC, Channel 4, Human Rights Watch and many others have investigated and verified the claims but you're obviously not going to hear any of that in the US as torturing innocents without trial is what Al Qu'eda do.

Since it was opened on January 11th 2002, 779 prisoners are acknowledged to have been held at Guantánamo Bay. Yet in 2006, after many innocents had already been released, analysis of Pentagon data on 517 prisoners by Seton Hall University found 55% were determined not to have committed any hostile acts against the US or its allies, and only 8% were alleged to have had any kind of affiliation with al-Qaeda.

Even the Pentagon admit less than 10% were anything to do with Al Qu'eda or the Taliban.
edit on 5-5-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

Currently there's the high profile case of a 17 year old Canadian child who has been held there and tortured for over a decade as he saw gunmen attacking his village so picked up a gun to defend his family then get labeled a terrorist.
edit on 5-5-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Currently there's the high profile case of a 17 year old Canadian child who has been held there and tortured for over a decade as he saw gunmen attacking his village so picked up a gun to defend his family then get labeled a terrorist.

That'd be Omar Khadr Link. He's back in Canada now, but Steve won't let him out of jail. Steve's a tool, eh?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join