It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies VERSUS Religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
...I've been going to churches all my life, despite the culture in which I grew up--atheist materialist with an emphasis on dialectics.

...So, all tolled, I've been a "member" of about fifteen congregations in three different denominations of Christian and one of Jews.

...What they all had/have in common is prayer--individual and assembled group prayers. And there is something else they had IN common. They had NO KNOWLEDGE of the conspiracies swirling around this nation from 1947 onward.

...Now that's interesting; because abductions have been a problem all this time; kidnappings and the number of missing children and adults--

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...Mind control is also solidly substantiated in military and civilian/medical journals and writings.

...Yet, NONE of these practices or events have EVER TOUCHED ANYBODY in ANY of the churches to which I have EVER belonged.

...How ODD. Statistically, this is impossible. Churches must be doing something to FEND OFF certain experiences--LIKE those--

www.ufoarea.com...

...articulated in this very detailed account of conspiracy and abuse of humans and others.

...None of this--STUFF--has ever happened among the people I know and with whom I rub elbows at church. None. Ever.

...The conclusion I come to here is: Perhaps PRAYER in and of itself is much more powerful than we ever even imagined, for keeping ourselves out of TROUBLE.

...What's your take on it? Has PRAYER saved you from some AWFUL experiences?

[edit on 28-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Churches and synagogues do not teach conspiracy theories because, quite frankly, the vasdt majority are nothing more than fairy tales, and have nothing whatsoever to do with spreading the Gospel.

Furthermore, conspiracy theories are actually anti-biblical: an interesting Christian website has a complete section on the biblical reasons that Christians should not fall prey to, and be duped by, conspiracy theories:

www.acts17-11.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yet, if you read the Dulse Book, you realize a large number of people have been victimized by some kind of horrible scam.

What I have noticed is, that scam has not touched any church that I've attended.

And I wonder if PRAYER ITSELF has any effect on a person's likelihood to be abducted. I wonder why Christians don't seem to be the ones being abducted.

Is there a correlation here?

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hang on a tic.

The difference between non Christians and Christians is what they believe. A non Christian will call what happens in revelation as a 'conspiracy theory'. Christians will call it 'prophecy', something that WILL happen. Is it a conspiracy? No because it WILL happen where as a conspiracy may happen, or may have happened.

Normally something is a conspiracy when it is secret and no one knows about it, or if it did actually happen. When a non Christian finds out about revelation for the first time they may think, 'arrgh have you heard about this? End of world conspiracy!!!'. Christians would say, 'well hello, we have been preaching about this for the last 2000 years'.

Just my point of view

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The reverend at the Church that I used to go to, had a daughter with down syndrome and they were dirt poor because of her.

Around here they definitely aren't excluded. That is to say if they are excluded at all.

I never understood praying, and I don't think I ever will.

posted on Mar, 24 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Emily_Cragg

What hapenned to Emily Cragg who was a friend of mine?

What did she do?

Code QR00189 OOP

>????

ytruyrtdutasrEWy#

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
And even more strangely, these Conspiracies somehow fail to affect many unreligious people either....

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   
*"Churches and synagogues do not teach conspiracy theories because, quite frankly, the vasdt majority are nothing more than fairy tales, and have nothing whatsoever to do with spreading the Gospel."

Since none of the 3000+religions posess any tangible proof to give one dominion over the other,I would have to respectfully disagree.
Religion is agenda based and wholly reliant on conjecture and speculation(faith not fact) so to put it into perspective,theories are just theories.
I think people should be allowed beleive whatever they wish but unfortunately many children are indoctrinated into religious beleif at an early age and lose the important mental faculties of objectiveness and impartiality.
Also many organised religions discourage independant thought/critical examination;instead preferring inductees to unquestioningly accept dogma.
For a person/group to beleive that conspiracy theories do not exist seems incredibly naive as ,in the past years,it has come to light that many were indeed true(they have been proved uneqivocably).
I could be mistaken but to suggest that a certian group are immune from their effects because of a non provable beleif system seems a little like delusions of grandeur to me.

*"Furthermore, conspiracy theories are actually anti-biblical: an interesting Christian website has a complete section on the biblical reasons that Christians should not fall prey to, and be duped by, conspiracy theories:"

This to me is highly ironic and irresponsible.
The narrow mindset "Dont bother me with the facts my minds made up' seems applicable here and wilfull ignorance/lazy prejudice seems rife.
One could equate it to an ostrich with its head in the sand.

[edit on 01/24/07 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
NBC's Dateline released how over 45 gigantic congregations are taking your money you give them and building themselves houses. The pastors of the Churches are millionares taking your money for a Tythe to god. God doesn't need money! The greedy bishop, pastor, reverend, brother...etc, they need your money to buy lavish things!

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
WHERE ARE YOU?

I believe that the end is nearly upon us "YES THE END" Would you like to know more? Visit me in my dreams....................
I will tell you more. MMM

Not Really I know the end is near and know exactly who to talk to..................................................................................

Hacker 23

top topics

join