It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A much clearer of our new destroyer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This photo was taken at shanghai about a month ago, when the ship was just under construction.Don't say it is russian! It has some tech from russia and france. but made in china!
Now you can clearly see that it IS a Chinese version of usa Ticanderoga.
The two large square windows in the front of the ship were just two of the four pieces of 'phase control set radar', the most advanced radar type used on anti-air warships.
There are two such ships being built: 170 and 171
In future years, more such band will be built, with improved tech.
Experts may give your opinions about our ship.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
destroyer2002.jpg has been uploaded.

You can use the following code to put the image on the web:

HTML:

vBulletin:

If you have any code you would like adding to this page then email [email protected]

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It may well be a collaborative effort between the Chinese, Russians and French (Did I ever mention how unscrupulous the French are with who they sell weapons to?), although I think the superstructure resembles the US Arleigh Burke Class much closer.

As far as the abilities of this new radar, well.... The Chinese are good at copying technology that they buy or steal, but I dont hold my breath on them completely usurping the US tech crowd in ability anytime soon.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Also, if this hasnt been officially released, are you in effect committing treason to China by posting this?

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Obviously we can tell nothing about its performance and mission capabilities by a photograph, but it does look good, never the less. Impressive.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
My experience with chineese made steel... I have had sockets that strip out before the bolt and screw gun bits that shatter under the slightest strain to turn the screw to name a few. I would assume the same quality will apply to the steel in this ship as well.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
well man
we do not produce warship in common factories where thing you bought are made
to release such a photo is not treason, but to tell the exact parameters is treason
after all, i can never know more than several photos, i am just a military fan,haha

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
another point
although the front gun is from french tech, the radar is indeed invented by ourselves; no one would sell tech of such radar to china, because all other such types were officially helped to produce by usa government, including those in uk, france, japan...russia doesn't have such radar.
it is larger than its counterpart on berke, but lower in position on the ship

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I feel proud. China, my motherland, can at last make such complexitic weapon system, even though it is much inferior to the counterpart made in USA.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I read today that Chinese people posting on these sites can and are being deleted from the site. Is this possible? What if these ships are realy Top Secret Chinese Warships?
Can these guys be arrested for Treason?

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a little destroyer is not at all top secret. for anyone who travels through the harbour at shanghai can see it and take photo of it
the top secret is intercontinental nuclear missile submarines
a guy who release a shape of the newly built 093 ICNMS was sentenced to death
i only show harmless photos

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatWall
I feel proud. China, my motherland, can at last make such complexitic weapon system, even though it is much inferior to the counterpart made in USA.

Well we don't know if it works or even if it possess a Phased Array Radar ( SPY ).

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Rumored as a 7,000t class fleet air-defense DDG armed with a Chinese Aegis system to be built at Dalian Shipyard, this new type of DDG (Type 052C or Type 052BK?) is actually being constructed at Jiangnan Shipyard, the same place where two 052B DDGs are still being fitted. This indicates that 052 series have adopted a modular design so that different variants with different primary missions can be built quickly with standardized modules. Even though 052C appears generally similar to 052B, the biggest difference lies with the 4 fixed phased array antennas embedded in the walls of the foreward superstructure on 4 sides. Among them, two antennas are covering the forward hemisphere while the other two are covering the rear hemisphere. The same arragement can be found onboard the US Arleigh Burke class DDG and Japanese Kongo class DDG. As the result, unlike 052B, two Type 730 CIWS are relocated to the raised platform in front of bridge and on top of the rear helicopter hanger. The installation of 4 phased array antennas indicates that 052C will certainly be the first Chinese DDG equipped with the new vertically launched HHQ-9 long-range SAM system, instead of the Russian RIF-M/S-300F system, which utilizes a single Tombstone phased array radar. The forward VLS station (6 revolver launchers? 6x6) is likely to be between the forward CIWS platform and the main gun, while the rear VLS station (2 revolver launchers? 2x6) likely to be forward and forward right of the helicopter hanger. Two quadruple semi-cylindical racks are located between the rear mast and the helicopter hanger which could support the new YJ-12 long-range supersonic SSM. The ship is also expected to have a new generation of Aegis-like combat data system. Currently two 052Cs are being constructed (170 & 171?) with the first ship being launched on April 29, 2003. All 4 PAR antennas were seen being covered by some kind of protecting shields while the intallation being carried out inside. The building of two 052Bs and two 052Cs in such a short time frame reflects PLAN's urgent need to upgrade its obsolete air-defense systems of its surface combat ships. There have been rumors suggesting that an even bigger design dubbed 051C (8,000t class) based on 051B is being planned to be built at Dalian Shipyard. This class, possibly featuring the RIF-M/S-300F SAM system acquired from Russia, will further enhance PLAN's air-defense capability of its surface combat ships alongside 052B and 052C.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Actually the most exciting news for chinese military fans is the new 093 nuclear-fueled attack submarine and 094 intercontinental nuclear missile submarine. It is estimated that 3 093s are built while 1 094 is already in the water
The 093 is as good as akula.
The 094 possesses 12 missile launchers. Its missiles, each has 4 nuclear bombs, can fly 12,000 kilometers, capable enough to attack the whole usa. It will help to prevent possible usa intervention in future taiwan war.
peace is valuable, but country is more.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Chinese nuclear submarines are and for the forseeable future, junk. They could be easily detected and sunk as they are so noisy.
As for the Chinese SLBM I would be very surprised if it even worked properly and the accuracy would be woeful. The land based ICBM's are bad enough.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
what is it with defence contactors and building big rusty boats, look at that pic up there it needs a damn good sandblasting or it will rust to hell, it will be expensive to beacause it is in a dry dock and you have to use a specific type of sand for dry dock work and that costs $350 a ton andon a ship that big your looking at 1000+ tons to do the outter and the inner, then a 3 coat system on the outside and through the bilge tanks (you wouldnt believe the stuff that cmes out of bilge tanks) mind you they could always hot metal spray it, but that would be even more expensive. best bet is to get it blasted in a blasters yard then hot zinced and once it is put to gether feather blast the welds and then apply paint. apart from that it looks good.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Guys....You're all missing the biggest point of all.....

Does it work?

I wonder...did clinton sell them the SPY Radar tech, even the french wouldnt be as stupid to sell THAT to china?

10 Bucks says it sinks

They can barely get the Xia class SSBN's working. I'll bet if they tried to fire the missiles they would fire the main engines first and toast the entire ship.

Besides, I'll be damn certain that there are at least 2 Los Angeles Class Subs, (maybe even a seawolf) tracking the Xia SSBN.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   
the new icbm is new
the new submarine is new
it is not the Xia. It is tang.
093: 7000ton, 110db, max vel 30, max depth 400m,
094: 9000ton, 110db, 12 icbm launcher, 12,000 km, 6 bombs each missile
these two bans have just gone into water, so no wonder you don't know them

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The fact remains that the Chinese nuclear sub industry is crappy and incapable of producing the equivalent of a modern US SSN. For that matter they wouldn't even come close.
Any Chinese new or old SSBN is an easy target for the far superior US SSN's. Anyone who argues otherwise is deluding him/herself.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
These are made so that you might be able to prevent us from assisting Taiwan when your nation finally invades that small nation, the last hold-off from the Communist takeover.

Such reasons to be proud.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join