It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT Action On Homeless

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: BDBinc
a reply to: AfterInfinity
So the bankers create homelessness ( so many forclosed empty homes and shelter ) and energy is spent on tormenting the most vulnerable. I know its global as the same disrespectful action happens here, cases like visible homeless people being put in a psych unit and forced medication, they let them out after a few months and still have medical persons force them to take anti psychotic drugs that cannot be taken with alcohol(knowing the person is an alcoholic)it kills him (a stranger was seen giving him alcohol).
What I see is that they do not want to see the negative effects of greed and selfishness. In a police state what they are doing to the homeless people will be done to other people they do not want to see( and they do not want together in groups/numbers as they see them as a potiential threat ) .

As I said, it is the tax payers who are doing this. The tax payers have cried loudly enough and long enough to get the attention of various agencies who are noticing the same problem in other places across the country. This is the solution they have come up with, apparently. To make the tax payers happy, the exterminators are being called in to settle the roach problem once and for all. I can't help but feel there are so many other things our tax money could be spent on. Putting vagrants behind bars using SWAT force? Please. There are bigger fish to fry that get bigger with every passing week.

So its an idea from your locals that don't want to see injustice while they make money off the tourists?
I notice you use the word roach/ vagrant and note you are worried about how much it costs?
To me the whole thing is repugnant and smells of social decay.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

So the bankers create homelessness ( so many forclosed empty homes and shelter ) and energy is spent on tormenting the most vulnerable. I know its global as the same disrespectful action happens here, cases like visible homeless people being put in a psych unit and forced medication, they let them out after a few months and still have medical persons force them to take anti psychotic drugs that cannot be taken with alcohol(knowing the person is an alcoholic)it kills him (a stranger was seen giving him alcohol).
What I see is that they do not want to see the negative effects of greed and selfishness. In a police state what they are doing to the homeless people will be done to other people they do not want to see( and they do not want together in groups/numbers as they see them as a potiential threat ) .

As I said, it is the tax payers who are doing this. The tax payers have cried loudly enough and long enough to get the attention of various agencies who are noticing the same problem in other places across the country. This is the solution they have come up with, apparently. To make the tax payers happy, the exterminators are being called in to settle the roach problem once and for all. I can't help but feel there are so many other things our tax money could be spent on. Putting vagrants behind bars using SWAT force? Please. There are bigger fish to fry that get bigger with every passing week.

So its an idea from your locals that don't want to see injustice while they make money off the tourists?
I notice you use the word roach/ vagrant and note you are worried about how much it costs?
To me the whole thing is repugnant and smells of social decay.

I am beginning to think you only read part of my posts, otherwise you wouldn't need to ask such silly questions. I've made it clear where I stand on the subject and why. Part of the reason I posted this thread was to find out if anyone knows about SWAT being called in to handle homelessness in other regions of the U.S. I was told it's a country-wide thing, not that I expect it to land on the news. The whole point is to keep homelessness quiet and discreet, not broadcast it to the world.

Anyway, yeah. If you go back and actually read my posts, you will know how I feel and why.
edit on 30-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
ua reply to: AfterInfinity

So let me get this straight - TPTB are basically saying "Stop being homeless or we'll jail you!"

How disgraceful. What the hell has happened to America?

3 hots & a cot problem solved..

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: acacko

So let me get this straight - TPTB are basically saying "Stop being homeless or we'll jail you!"

3 hots & a cot problem solved..

No, that just solves the problem for you. I hope that's not the full extent of your concern.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

No, SWAT was invented to kill American citizens. When that level of
force is applied to the homeless it's a war crime per the Nuremburg
Accords. Last time I checked, the US signed and some group is for-
getful of the fact. That oversight could impact millions, and very soon.

In a nutshell the applicable passage says that to refuse your population
food, shelter or medical tratment is a war crime. We've been in a state
of national emergency that hasn't been rescinded since 1861.. but
formally not war. Gee I guess that means they can kill us all. COol.

So in other words we're going to shoot you for being poor... who
cares if we made you poor. I personally have been knocked down enough
notches on the totem by psychopathic sadists, and the war has been on
for decades.... just in slow motion until lately. Pi$$ed yet? Didn't think so
edit on 30-4-2014 by derfreebie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity What is this world coming to. I mean the reason why these people are homeless is due to the greedy banks and the government. All people want is to be left alone from anyone oh and have something over their heads and food. I bet these people now will be test subjects or given to the Greys. My heart goes out for them and all humankind. xx

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Flag and Star AI. How I feel about this after what I've personally
been through the last five years is not describable without being
banned.
This is pure and simple genocide in slow motion, and nobody
directly pushed into the paddy wagon cares. I've lived there
and am not going back without cameras. Maybe some other things.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

A SWAT team to clean up some homeless people! It's like using a flamethrower on a house fly. They must be proud of themselves, giving those bums hell in the middle of the night. A real accomplishment. I can see clearly why they are so respected. /sarcasm

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
As Law enforcement becomes increasingly militarized; they need practice on groups. Eventually it won't be just the unfortunate poor; it will be you and me!!

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I don't know what to do about it, but

this

cannot

happen.

It's not illegal to be homeless, but they're passing laws to say it is or using other laws twisted to the needs of the very people who just don't want to be reminded of what they've wrought on our country.

These people do not belong in prison, especially not prisons for profit. This is equivalent to slavery or maybe cannibalism.

And gee...hmm...using the police (government) that the tax payers fund to protect the rights of the corporations, who pay diddly squat in taxes and just line the pockets of the corrupt government...where have we seen this before?

Hmmm maybe in Iraq and Afghanistan? Where the U.S. military actions we paid for and will forever be paying for did little more than protect and fill the pockets of the few? Yeah.

The pattern is oh so clear.

This is just morally, ethically, humanly abhorrent.
edit on 4/30/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
As Law enforcement becomes increasingly militarized; they need practice on groups. Eventually it won't be just the unfortunate poor; it will be you and me!!

All the city cares about right now is appearances. As mentioned earlier, tourist season is just around the corner. This is the time of year when people will remember that dirty, disheveled drunk shouting incoherently as he weaves down the sidewalk. It stands out like a bleeding, dirty sore thumb, and the city does not like that. So I guess bringing in SWAT is well worth the public embarrassment they'll be saving themselves from down the road. I just wish it was actually the drunks being dealt with.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The homeless make me think of the Jews/Gypsires/mentally ill etc..... that got shafted in Germany....
The parallels are insanely close.....
What will happen if these mini Warsaw ghettos decide they aint moving ala Bundy style?
That's whats coming down the pike .......the constitution forbids such overreaching penalties for poverty.....
Wheres the bloody Oathkeepers now?
Its time to rise up!

Great points Stirling. That's exactly why they are rounding them up now. If they round them up and intimidate them they will be less likely to rise up and revolt when things kick off. The powers that be know it's coming. They have to get as many people in line and remind them of their power before the SHTF.

I also think this has a lot to do with increasing the customer base in corporate prison systems.

This is the REAL War on Poverty!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
It has been illegal to be homeless in my town for a few years now. What many towns do is they round up the homeless, force them onto a 1 way bus, and ship them to another state.

No one knows how to fix the homeless problem and no one wants to address the causes of it because it means accepting the deep and systemic flaws in our economic system. So instead the reaction is to just push them out of town, and when knowing they're around but unseen is no longer tolerable they ship them away. With the explosion in prisons, they're no longer sent to another state. Instead they goto a private prison. In the prison they can work for $1 per day and if they refuse they can be tortured.

The fact that the best solution anyone has come up with to the homeless is to turn them into slaves is disgusting. We are all one bad day away from being homeless. I've been homeless before, back when it was illegal in my town even. I spent the afternoons sleeping where it was safe and I got to stay up all night hiding from the cops.

You can judge a society by the way the lowest members are treated. When our society throws people in jail for simply being unable to find a job in a bad economy, and then uses them as a slave labor force (which then puts more people out of work who can't compete with the hourly wage of a slave)... you can't say much for that society.

For what it's worth, Utah is trying something different. They're giving the homeless apartments and case workers.
edit on 1-5-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
For what it's worth, Utah is trying something different. They're giving the homeless apartments and case workers.

Wow that is so much more compassionate- go Utah!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

What the hell has happened to America?

Prisons became private enterprise profit centers. Why on earth would you leave money just camping out in the woods doing nothing when you can get paid to house them and force them to work for you for pennies? Incarcerating non-violent offenders is big business in our country now and the homeless are perfect targets as they probably won't have family looking for them.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
First off. Tax payers hit the roof when they see how much of their hard earned money is going to pay for insurance on city owned land where these people congregate. In some cities it's more than $12,000 a day because of the high risk of the individuals. That is an enormous amount of money that could be spent elsewhere.

After the May 2010 floods that wiped out tent city persons(including myself) thought about letting them camp for a while on unused land until something could be worked out. The insurance company said for my 9 acre plot would cost around $4,000 a month to cover the 'extreme' liability. Also, codes would require thousands of dollars in upgrades the health department demanded.

As I have pointed out before the Homeless Commission here spends about $700,000 a year on the homeless. About $100,000 is for insurance. These people have a variety of services and can get off the street if they want to however following rules is not something they do well.

Then you have a bunch of lawyers start a class action civil suit because the working poor can't get the same benefits because they have a job and a place to stay.

People here react on emotion and never think things out-because they need some one to blame.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: spooky24

Are you saying the homeless here deserve to be dragged out of the woods by SWAT?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

No. I'm saying it's a problem with no direct solution and posting things about the police or government and the homeless just to have someone to blame your failed life on is useless.

If you got an answer lets hear it.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
With a heavy heart I say this:

How do you think they'll fill the quotas of the for-profit jails?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
With a heavy heart I say this:

How do you think they'll fill the quotas of the for-profit jails?

How are they supposed to fill a cup that's already full? This isn't about making money off of inmates, this is about "cleaning up". Tourist season and all that.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join