It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Sleep Disturbance Last Night?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

I'm absolutely exhausted. My shoulders are in pain from laying on them I guess. I had strange dreams last night, and I did wake up maybe 3 times. I shouldn't talk about my dreams on here, but they were x rated, but not in a "fun" way.. I just got out of bed 12:00PM, and it's very lucky this is my day off. I maybe "slept" around 12 hours.

I'm having trouble waking up.

My girl has been complaining about demons or something grabbing her legs recently and hasn't been sleeping well either. I wasn't awake before she left this morning, but I'll ask on her lunch break.
edit on 29-4-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It would be interesting to know the location of the 'sleepless' people in case some sort of major event happens.
In Idaho, I slept quite soundly.

Three o'clock seems to be some sort of 'bewitching' hour......something about our circadian rhythm. You'd be surprised how many people wake up around that time.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It would be interesting to know the location of the 'sleepless' people in case some sort of major event happens.

My thoughts exactly! If you're located in the mid-south USA, say ALA, MS, GA, FLA panhandle, then yeah, I bet a lot of people were restless last night due to the weather.

It'll be my turn tonight.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Three o'clock seems to be some sort of 'bewitching' hour......something about our circadian rhythm. You'd be surprised how many people wake up around that time.

Really? That's weird. I too wake up often around three o'clock (O Dark Thirty). I'm going to have to look into that.

I thought I slept well last night, but am mentally exhausted at the moment. My brain is screaming for me to take a nap. Who am I to argue with that?
I think its advice that I'll take and grab a quick power nap. TTYL!

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I have sometimes wondered if a group of people can sort of all begin to form a sort of collective consciousness when they have spending time together.

Because I have this same sort of coincidence happen with people I am currently working with, playing with, going to school with... There has been many times when I was active on a message board daily with the same group of people, and then after a while, we start to share the same sorts of nights. In one group, many of us shared a similar dream one night, in which we were having a sort of meeting around a round table, and this one woman described a woman that sounded strangely like me, taking her outside to show her a tree and explain things about it.

I recently found that sort of thing happening with a group of coworkers I have been working with for a little more than a year. I've been having lucid dreams again (which I haven't for a while now), and we are sharing the same sorts of sleep disturbances.

It always seemed plausible to me that a the same time we are consciously exchanging, there is also a sub-conscious exchange happening on levels we are not aware of that becomes more active at night.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hi,

Sunday night I had a lot of trouble sleeping, had sleep paralysis and also felt like someone was in my room (shadow figure in the corner of the room). This has happened multiple times to me over the years, but figured I'd add one more to the list of people who had trouble sleeping. I woke up between 3am and 4am.

I've also had recurring bouts of major anxiety and depression recently, which I don't have a history of getting. It was so bad I had to go to the doctor about two weeks ago.

Last night I woke up multiple times, had weird dreams, trouble sleeping, and am pretty lethargic today.

Oddly enough, I haven't been on here recently and this was the first thread I saw.

I'm near St. Louis, MO

~ Dredge

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I woke up a zillion times last night! On vacation in Hawaii. We have been here a few days, so it wasn't the time adjustment. Had been sleeping great. No military dreams - mine were of a vendor's staff on a project at work getting in each-other's way and finally everyone realized it. Also a sci-fi book stood out - no title but I think it was Tor publishers.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yes throw me in this club, I was dreaming awake all night. I remember dreaming there was some sort of vitamin or chemical I had absorbed that was causing this insomnia . kinda awesome to see this thread after last night

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

My girl has been complaining about demons or something grabbing her legs recently and hasn't been sleeping well either. I wasn't awake before she left this morning, but I'll ask on her lunch break.

She slept fine last night..

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Nice to ear this from you... I also had rough night and waked up tired and little dizzy... also a friend of mine posted on facebook today that she was feeling like she was struck by a truck last night..

edit on v20141412America/ChicagoTue, 29 Apr 2014 12:28:05 -05002 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Last night I had three out of body experiences, had to wake myself up before the fourth one because the vibrations hurt really bad. I was screaming for my husband to help me, lol.

After waking up and going back to bed I slept like a rock.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Omg, yes I had the worst time sleeping last night and I take melatonin to aid my sleeping. It didn't do a damn thing for me last night.
All I can remember from any dreams I had was that I was running from something.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

Btw, im in MN

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I live in Georgia and I woke up at about 3:30am. Highly unusual for me... must have been the tornadoes.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Now I'm pissed!

Even the power nap is avoiding me. It's like I caught my second wind after laying down. And still mentally drained.

Maybe it's time for a six-pack?

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the replies.

Like I said this happens on occasion to all of us, it just felt different for me last night. Then finding all the people at my school talking about it (in the beginning I was not even bringing it up, just overhearing conversation, etc.) kinda freaked me out.

For those that mentioned location, I am in central New Jersey, about equidistant from NYC and Philly. The majority of those attending my school are located within around 30 miles, but some travel much further. So for me, at least, the weather was not really a factor. We had some wind but not enough to shake my siding or windows like in some storms.

And for the life of me I can not remember any detail from my dreams last night. I can usually pick out little details in every dream I have, yet all I know is something was really screwing with me and scared me constantly last night. I got up at least twice jumping for my nightstand lamp, and my wife did the same at one point.

Just really interesting to see a lot of others experience the same sort in the same short period...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I am in the twin cities and I generally require about 5-6 hours of sleep a day but last night I had trouble getting to sleep starting around 1AM and then when I awoke it was 8:30 and also the first time I have ever overslept in at least twenty years. I scrambled to get my son (5yr old) awake who is normally up by 7 and then got him in to his pre-K about 45 minutes late. I'm not sure if we really had a hard time sleeping and don't remember it or if we both were some how affected in another way but neither of us had any major variation from our regular routine and we just don't sleep that late in general. I am usually awake by 7:15 alarm clock or not. This was just strange and then seeing this post, I knew I had to share.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

My wife said last night was one of her worst sleeps in her life. Tossing and turning, waking up every 5 minutes. This does not happen to her very often.

I slept great but did have a strange dream with a little blonde number (don't tell the wife, she's a ginger).

We are in Southern Ontario.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I woke up at around 3:30Am this morning in a temporary panic. Afterwards I tossed and turned until about 5:30-6AM before I was about to finally get back to sleep.

I originally attributed this to a recent change in diet but after reading this thread, there is likely more to it.

Two of my co-workers also reported waking up in the middle of the night last night.

Pretty weird that so many other people seemed to have experienced something similar.

I don't remember any of my dreams and did not remember them at the time.
edit on 13pm4pmApril18America/ChicagoTuesday29 by GammaField because: Added more

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Didn't sleep well last night at all. The weather wasn't bad or anything, I just couldn't seem to get to sleep and stay asleep. Tossed and turned pretty much all night long.

I don't really recall much from my dreams last night, which is unusual, as I normally dream very vividly, most of the time lucidly, every night.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dredge
Hi, ...
I've also had recurring bouts of major anxiety and depression recently, which I don't have a history of getting. It was so bad I had to go to the doctor about two weeks ago.

Last night I woke up multiple times, had weird dreams, trouble sleeping, and am pretty lethargic today.

Oddly enough, I haven't been on here recently and this was the first thread I saw.

I'm near St. Louis, MO

~ Dredge

Put me on the list for recurring anxiety, hyper-vigilance, and nightmares. Without going into too many details (this isn't my thread), I have been having symptoms that suddenly arose at the beginning of April and became so severe that I was unable to function and checked myself into a local ER this past Friday. The final straw for me was being awakened every night sometime between 3am and 4am to nightmares of military or gun type visions/scenes, and sometimes being aware that there had been a sudden, brief, but sharp, loud noise- kind of like what it might sound if someone hurled a large stone at wall next to the head of your bed. After 25 nights of this, I was compelled to get help, but now here's the real dilemma:

I am on a waiting list to get help. It seems that obamacare has somehow clogged all of the mental-health facilities in Seattle and it may take weeks (or longer?) to get the help I really need. Just tried forum spell-check on obamacare and it suggests "macabre". Go Figure!
edit on 29-4-2014 by seattlerat because: spilling missteak

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join