It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fedex shooting in GA an hour ago

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The problem for me is the Self Defence issue.

The majority of people that wish to keep their firearms is for Self Defence reasons, coming from the UK I find it terrifying that a huge proportion of a country is so afraid of criminals that they feel the need to carry a tool for ending someones life.

The problem for this is the saturation of the US with firearms and a blanket ban would leave probably millions of unlicensed firearms in the hands of criminals.

I personally don't agree with guns unless they are for hunting / marksmanship however I can see where most legal firearms owners are coming from.

On your previous post though.. I would much rather have someone come at me with a knife than a gun....

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Do you have a mental illness? No? Then I don't care how many guns you have because I trust you.

Deranged individuals are getting the signal that they can get a gun and solve their problems and shoot anyone, cause its their "right".

I can't imagine being an employee nowadays, being hyper vigilant instead of concentrating on my job.

Background checks keep them from legally getting a gun unless they have no record or record of mental illness. That also doesn't keep them from getting parts for a bomb at the local home depot or buying a car to run civilians down or grabbing their kitchen knife and stabbing their way through the crowd.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So...latest reports are including a witness at the plant. Seems the witness said he had an assault rifle with bandoliers of bullets across his chest and a knife.

FedEx employee Liza Aiken saw the shooter, a 19-year-old man she said was a loader, just before she heard gunfire. Aiken was doing address corrections on some packages when she said she “heard a clink.
“I looked to my left. I saw him standing there and the knife was on the ground. He dropped his knife. He had an assault rifle. He had bullets strapped to his chest like Rambo. I mean he looked like he was heading into war. As soon as I saw him, I ran the other way. I ran and made sure that people upstairs were gone. He was in all black. I think he had a camo vest. He had an assault rifle and bullets strapped to his chest.”
Aiken said she previously reported the shooting suspect to her superiors. She said he pointed a work laser in her eye.

Obviously this 19 year old kid had some issues and obviously did not know anything about reloading an assault rifle, if that is really what he had. You don't wear bandoliers of bullets and reload a magazine real quickly. My guess is this was a hunting rifle of sorts with a bolt action. Other than that, a bandolier of bullets would simply be for show.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Every fed ex facility I've ever been to has one way in and one way out. Surrounded by a barbed wire fence. You can't just jump through the loading docks, unless you jump the fence first. The entrance and exit is located in a guard shack on the perimeter of the fence. Only drivers of fed ex vehicles can come and go without going through security.

I am a driver at fed ex ground. Been to several fed ex facility's in several different states.
Gun free zones all of them.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Kill yourself and then go on the shooting spree!

And what would that do for the agenda?

OP

Other than that, a bandolier of bullets would simply be for show.

Exactly. Who still won't face the truth?

edit on Ram42914v03201400000033 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Some predictions about the shooter, if my profile is correct:

No clear motive will be discovered.

He will have been under mental health ‘treatment’ at some point before the shooting.

The suspect will have had contact with the military, if only to the extent of seeing a recruiter. And he will have had contact with the local police.

Extra guns and ammo will be found in the auto and at the home of the shooter.

Witnesses will say the shooter had a ‘blank’ or ‘vacant’ or ‘expressionless’ look on his face.

He will have been a fan of violent video games or role-playing games like “World of Warcraft.”

An emergency ‘drill’ will have been done at that location within the past couple of months.

The FBI and/or the BATF will take over the investigation.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
So...latest reports are including a witness at the plant. Seems the witness said he had an assault rifle with bandoliers of bullets across his chest and a knife.

Obviously this 19 year old kid had some issues and obviously did not know anything about reloading an assault rifle, if that is really what he had. You don't wear bandoliers of bullets and reload a magazine real quickly. My guess is this was a hunting rifle of sorts with a bolt action. Other than that, a bandolier of bullets would simply be for show.

It looks like the first source you posted has updated the story. The police are saying the firearm used was a shotgun.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

That would make more sense given the "bandolier" he was wearing.

"When he was found we know that he had a shotgun. It was the only weapon he had at that time... He deceased from what we believe was a self-inflicted gunshot wound," the sergeant said.

No surprise the witness was wrong. It's a helluva stressful thing to witness and if the witness was already relatively gun-ignorant that just compounds the problem.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: bjax9er

How did a gun get past METAL DETECTORS then?

I'm not sure you know how metal detectors work.
Walking with gun, walking with gun, BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP, still walking with gun.
If you're goal is just to hurt people what do you care if the metal detector goes off?

On the note of this thread..

BAN ALL THE THING!!!!!!

edit on 4/29/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Ha....I was choking when that pic came up.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Well he is the poster child for banning everything..

Even went as far to say that if we abuse our freedom to protest we will lose it.. He was somewhat correct after that statement but the courts said otherwise and fined NYC 1000 dollars a day per head that was in jail for the protests that went on that few days during the RNC in 04.. Something like 10k people.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I find this VERY convenient so soon after the new GA gun laws were signed. I wonder if Bloomberg or Obama paid this persons family or threatened them to have them carry out this attack and this is why they kill themselves rather than go to prison. They were told, suicide or your family dies, or they don't get paid, etc..

And yes I am serious as the lunatic left, anti-gunners have and will go to any lengths to get their way.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Shooter has been identified as one Geddy Kramer, 19.

www.ajc.com...
Kramer is reportedly a 2013 graduate of North Cobb High School.

The suspect also allegedly built a number of Molotov cocktails but didn't light them up:

"Authorities were sweeping the FedEx facility after an unknown number of Molotov cocktails were found there, apparently left by the gunman."

---------------------------------

Some additional details:

www.11alive.com...
Just before 6 a.m., police said Geddy Kramer of Acworth drove his maroon Honda up to a security gate, stormed out and shot the security officer point blank. Authorities say Kramer then walked into the building and proceeded to shoot five more people. About three hours later, Kramer was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound. ....
As bad as it was, police said it could have been worse. They said that the type of ammunition Kramer chose may be the reason there were no fatalities. He chose bird shot instead of buckshot or shotgun slugs. ....
A Cobb County police spokesperson said they have an idea as to the gunman's motive. They are interviewing other people who may have been involved ....

With hundreds of LE on scene, it took them THREE HOURS to find his body? Hmmm.....

Why would he use birdshot when his intention is to kill a bunch of people?

And now they say others might have been involved? Of course others are involved. They usually are. Like his shrink, for example.

/
edit on 29-4-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Bird shot? That is odd...seems this kid did not really know anything about guns. Birdshot would be really hard to kill people with just walking through popping off shots and not at close range. Can't imagine this shooting was planned very far in advance mainly because of that. And seriously? A bandolier? This kid played too many games methinks. At least nobody died except for him.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
For several days they have been telling us the body of the gunman was found on a loading dock.

www.krem.com...
....the body of the unidentified suspect was found in the loading dock area.

Now the story has been changed:

mdjonline.com...
After reportedly shooting the guard, he entered the warehouse, where police say he shot another five individuals. After doing so, police say he committed suicide inside a trailer docked on the backside of the business.

This is eerily similar to another mass shooting episode at the Westfield Shopping Mall, Paramus, New Jersey on 11-4-13 by one Richard Shoop, 20. Like Geddy, his body would only be found hours later-- in a construction trailer in a remote corner of the mall! And it was the FBI, not local cops, who found the body.

Wanna bet it was the FBI who found Geddy Kramer's body at the FedEx site?

If the bodies are found in trailers, then there are no eyewitnesses who witnessed their 'suicide.' So who can say how these 'shooters' really died?

/

edit on 30-4-2014 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
An update:

www.ajc.com...

"Neither police nor Kramer’s family could answer the question on everyone’s mind Wednesday. Why? ....The man accused of shooting six of his co-workers before killing himself left a note behind, Cobb County police said Wednesday. But details about what that note said weren’t released."

If they don't know what the motive was then what did the suspect write about in his note?

"CBS Atlanta reported Tuesday that Kramer may have suffered from depression and had previously suggested he might bring guns to his job. “I remember Geddy would always joke around about shooting up his workplace,” family friend and next door neighbor Lucas Dziedzic told Channel 46."

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This incident seems to following the profile of a manipulated shooting event:

www.ajc.com...
The mother of one of the victims said her son is lucky to be alive.
“When the FBI interviewed him, they told us about all the ammo and homemade bombs he had in his car,” said Theresia Sutton, whose 19-year-old son, Brandyn Stonebraker, was among those wounded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join