It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fedex shooting in GA an hour ago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Just happened an hour ago. Close to where I live and work. Appears they have not found the shooter yet. On phone but will update more when I am in office.

source

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Apparently 6 are injured and the incident is still ongoing. I have not heard any updates on who the shooter it or if the shooter has been caught yet. From the pictures in the reports there is a heavy police presence there and the FBI bomb units are in place as well.

That is a pretty fast response for ATF and FBI bomb units to get there within an hour I think.

This is big news already in Atlanta hitting all the morning radio shows and local news in the area.

Will be interested to find out how this story plays out and what the lawmakers will push after this one. With only 6 injured I am guessing this was a pistol that was used but have not seen any reports on the actual weapon.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Only now on RT, talk about some "breaking news" delay. Maybe a package someone needed really bad?
edit on thAmerica/Chicago429uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
seems the suspect is dead of a self-inflicted gunshot

www.11alive.com...

6 victims - 1 critical.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Shooter is dead now.

Self inflicted, I think.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wow...stuff is happening fast. This was just reported:

According to reports, the shooting happened at a FedEx facility at 1675 Airport Road. Officials say the lone suspected gunman has been found dead, likely from a self-inflicted gun shot wound.

According to crews on the scene, authorities secured the entire area to safely search and apprehend the suspect or suspects. Family members are being directed to a nearby skating facility for information about their loved ones.

So the suspect is dead apparently from a self inflicted wound and all the people are being reunited at a skating facility. That skating facility is Sparkles...I used to go there as a kid and had a couple birthday parties there.

So...let the speculation begin.....

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c
seems the suspect is dead of a self-inflicted gunshot

www.11alive.com...

6 victims - 1 critical.

Appears from that story they thought it necessary to search for secondary devices. That would explain the FBI bomb unit coming in. Wonder if that is just protocol now or if they had some reason to believe that a bomb would be a possibility.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 12m8keall2c

Great, took the coward way out. Sure wish these idiots would get the order right.

Kill yourself and then go on the shooting spree!

Thoughts and prayers to the victims.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Fed ex is a gun free zone. Even the security guards who watch over the METAL DETECTORS don't carry weapons.
edit on 29-4-2014 by bjax9er because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bjax9er

How did a gun get past METAL DETECTORS then? Good people do not shoot other people. This state with their "Guns everywhere" law did this to its citizens. Gave the go ahead to every psycho in the state.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
How messed up is that? Going from an active shooter scene to "Sparkles". WTH!?

Anyway, just to add fodder for the gun/anti-gun crowd...Georgia just signed into law a sweeping pro-gun agenda. Okay to carry in some schools, churches and bars.

www.usatoday.com...

Yeah Georgia. NOT. What a joke.

Some idiot already showed up at a park in metro ATL where kids were playing baseball - just to strut around and show off his gun, because now he can.

edit on 4/29/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

How did a gun get past METAL DETECTORS then?

I'm not sure you know how metal detectors work.

Walking with gun, walking with gun, BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP, still walking with gun.

If you're goal is just to hurt people what do you care if the metal detector goes off?

Assuming of course that he even had to go through a metal detector. Distribution centers have exits, entrances, doors and windows and loading bay etc...

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

How did a gun get past METAL DETECTORS then? Good people do not shoot other people. This state with their "Guns everywhere" law did this to its citizens. Gave the go ahead to every psycho in the state.

How did GA give the go ahead for crazies to kill people? I have a CCL and multiple guns and have legally bought them all. I consider responsible gun owners to be some of the best citizens around. I would not consider the shooter in this case to be a responsible gun owner. This really isn't about the laws as we have been shown soooo many times. Guns do not kill...the people that pull the trigger do. Could have been a car or a knife or a bomb....people would still have been injured.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
How messed up is that? Going from an active shooter scene to "Sparkles". WTH!?

Anyway, just to add fodder for the gun/anti-gun crowd...Georgia just signed into law a sweeping pro-gun agenda. Okay to carry in some schools, churches and bars.

www.usatoday.com...

Yeah Georgia. NOT. What a joke.

Some idiot already showed up at a park in metro ATL where kids were playing baseball - just to strut around and show off his gun, because now he can.

Again...would not consider this guy a responsible gun owner. There is a reason they are call concealed carry licenses...so one can conceal the gun and not show it off everywhere.

The problem is a lot of people that are not gun owners have a major misconception of responsible, law abiding gun owners.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: thisguyrighthere

How did a gun get past METAL DETECTORS then?

I'm not sure you know how metal detectors work.

Walking with gun, walking with gun, BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP, still walking with gun.

If you're goal is just to hurt people what do you care if the metal detector goes off?

Assuming of course that he even had to go through a metal detector. Distribution centers have exits, entrances, doors and windows and loading bay etc...

Bingo. From the early reports it said it happened in the warehouse area....he could have just hopped in through one of the loading docks and started shooting. Could have even shot from outside. There are plenty of employees at that facility.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
dbl post
edit on 4/29/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

This state with their "Guns everywhere" law did this to its citizens. Gave the go ahead to every psycho in the state.

No a deranged individual with no respect for human life did this. The Safe Carry Protection Act of 2014 aka "guns everywhere" doesn't even take effect until July 1st. Do you know what that law does? Perhaps you should read up on it because I don't recall seeing anything in there that greenlighted pyschos shooting people.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The problem is though that until someone goes nuts and shoots someone they too are a responsible gun owner!

It's impossible to define a responsible gun owner until they no longer own guns. If they no longer own a gun and have never shot at someone when they did own one, then they were a responsible gun owner.

Anyone can lose their rag at any point, such is the way of human nature, and ownership of guns unfortunately just makes it easier to do serious damage to whoever is caught in the firing line.

Back to the original story though, it is (once again) a total tragedy and unfortunately, until the whole story is pieced together, impossible to pass judgement on the why's and how's...

Truth_Hz

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Truth_Hz

Yes there is some truth there, but again, a person that is bent on causing destruction will find a way. If it is killing they want then killing they will do regardless of the instrument of death. Personally I would be more scared of a knife or sword or machete than I would of a gun. I would be more afraid of a bomb. I would be more afraid of a car coming at me.

I look at responsible gun ownership the same as I look at having a driver's license. There should be a fairly regular check in with testing and making sure you are still a responsible owner/driver. Kind of like old folks who think they can still drive yet their reaction times are much slower and they tend to cause more accidents.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Do you have a mental illness? No? Then I don't care how many guns you have because I trust you.

Deranged individuals are getting the signal that they can get a gun and solve their problems and shoot anyone, cause its their "right".

I can't imagine being an employee nowadays, being hyper vigilant instead of concentrating on my job.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join