It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry Warns Israel Could Become ‘An Apartheid State’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
www.thedailybeast.com...

The secretary of state said that if Israel doesn’t make peace soon, it could become ‘an apartheid state,’ like the old South Africa. Jewish leaders are fuming over the comparison.

If there’s no two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict soon, Israel risks becoming “an apartheid state,” Secretary of State John Kerry told a room of influential world leaders in a closed-door meeting Friday.

Senior American officials have rarely, if ever, used the term “apartheid” in reference to Israel, and President Obama has previously rejected the idea that the word should apply to the Jewish state. Kerry's use of the loaded term is already rankling Jewish leaders in America—and it could attract unwanted attention in Israel, as well.

It wasn't the only controversial comment on the Middle East that Kerry made during his remarks to the Trilateral Commission, a recording of which was obtained by The Daily Beast. Kerry also repeated his warning that a failure of Middle East peace talks could lead to a resumption of Palestinian violence against Israeli citizens. He suggested that a change in either the Israeli or Palestinian leadership could make achieving a peace deal more feasible. He lashed out against Israeli settlement-building. And Kerry said that both Israeli and Palestinian leaders share the blame for the current impasse in the talks.

No doubt? Never thought Secretary of State would ever utter such things about Israel. And too boot, I don't even like Kerry but I'm impressed he's saying what's on his mind.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yeah, I was just reading a couple different articles on this. I mean, why Kerry? All bipartisan politics aside, why in the world would anyone choose that person to be their mouth-piece for anything? I do not want to be inflammatory, but that guy just doesnt see his foot traveling towards his mouth nearly soon enough to interrupt the inevitable entry it often makes.

A two state solution definitely has been bandied for quite some time, but who are we to suddenly place an arbitrary date of 4/29 to make a publicly disclosed response?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
People, this is huge. I don't support the US government but I'll support them in their efforts to reign in the rampant Nazism of the Israeli government.

This is Fox News, so take with the utmost 'grain of salt'.

www.foxnews.com...

"Reports that Secretary Kerry has suggested Israel is becoming an apartheid state are extremely disappointing," House GOP Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., who is Jewish, said in a statement. "The use of the word apartheid has routinely been dismissed as both offensive and inaccurate, and Secretary Kerry's use of it makes peace even harder to achieve."

I'm partly Jewish and what is this I don't even...
edit on 28-4-2014 by Davian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Wasn't this the guy who was stooging himself in public with Bush the Lesser trying to "out-Jew" each other?
Remember that? Each one was trying to claim roots and the like in order to pander to that minority when the election was so "close".
Fun times. Now, he's playing this role...swear to the Universe. Washington is just Hollywood East.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Davian

I too have strong opinions on how Israel has gone about their dealings with Palestinians. I support a collaborative resolution, all while in the mean time folks on both sides stop killing one another and humanitarian aid is allowed into Palestine, whereas Israel continues to receive aid from the USA etc...

I just took this article and others on this exact topic in a different light..IE John Kerry doing the same poor job at diplomacy he always does...he does not belong in an office contributing as a mouthpiece for the USA IMO.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
How diplomatic of him. The Obama administration should change the name of his position to "Secretary of Hate" to more accurately reflect what they have transformed it in to.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davian
People, this is huge. I don't support the US government but I'll support them in their efforts to reign in the rampant Nazism of the Israeli government.

This is Fox News, so take with the utmost 'grain of salt'.

www.foxnews.com...

"Reports that Secretary Kerry has suggested Israel is becoming an apartheid state are extremely disappointing," House GOP Leader Eric Cantor, R-Va., who is Jewish, said in a statement. "The use of the word apartheid has routinely been dismissed as both offensive and inaccurate, and Secretary Kerry's use of it makes peace even harder to achieve."

I'm partly Jewish and what is this I don't even...

Cantor is one of Israels biggest lapdogs on capital hill so it's no surprise that he would jump to Israels defense.

Btw what's with the could become bit Israel already is an apartheid state.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Meanwhile the administration would not dare utter the word in reference to a true apartheid state in the Middle East. That country is Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia: The Middle East’s Real Apartheid State

There is a country in the Middle East where 10 percent of the population is denied equal rights because of their race, where black men are not allowed to hold many government positions, where black women are put on trial for witchcraft and where the custody of children is granted to the parent with the most “racially superior” bloodline.

This Apartheid State is so enormously powerful that it controls American foreign policy in the Middle East even as its princes and princesses bring their slaves to the United Kingdom and the United States.

That country is Saudi Arabia.

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
As usual foggybottom once again misses the mark .. israels been an apartheid state from the start ..
Someone should buy the idiots at the state dept a clue ..
edit on 28/4/14 by Expat888 because: too early in day to use english .. correcting spelling .. need more coffee ..

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Btw what's with the could become bit Israel already is an apartheid state.

I just read an article on Humanitarian watch, Asking the IDF to do one thing, just one thing.

Stop shooting unarmed civilians for stepping on a line...

Yea, its a weak call for change, COULD be is almost laughable, well into is more appropriate.

israel-stop-shooting-gaza-civilians
edit on 28-4-2014 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Deny Arrogance makes a valid point here. I too concur regarding Israels less than ideal manner of dealing with the Palestinians (I am controlling my emotions here, as I wish would always happen in these threads). But...what about Saudi Arabia?...D.A is correct, there are far far dirtier fish to direct our ire at...yet its not in the papers so people choose not to bring it here to gnash their teeth at(mother always told me not to end a sentence with a preposition..damn it I just did!)

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

Completely agree with the notion, and perhaps just stop bulldozing houses and building new ones in Palestinian territory, but, we know how that goes. Doh, must stop..posting, feeling emotional

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

The whole Israeli situation makes me simply s'n-word'. Its quite alright for Israeli citizens to hold dual passports for that land but live as Jews in any other land they choose and indeed, sit in their parliaments directing policy for that country, providing it protects Israeli interests. In short its OK for Jews/Israelis to live anywhere they choose in the world and woe betide any criticism as its you all know what....

However, on the other foot, its not alright for the Palestinians, or probably other religions and peoples to live in what was once Palestine akka Israel. Because Israel wants only Jews to live in Israel and no one else, eg they want a pure Jewish State.

If you think about it its ludicrous in this day and age and its time, whoever it is, tells them so. Everyone knows that the Israeli politicians will never agree to a two state solution, otherwise there would be one already, they have had since 1948 to sort this out.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Meanwhile the administration would not dare utter the word in reference to a true apartheid state in the Middle East. That country is Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia: The Middle East’s Real Apartheid State

There is a country in the Middle East where 10 percent of the population is denied equal rights because of their race, where black men are not allowed to hold many government positions, where black women are put on trial for witchcraft and where the custody of children is granted to the parent with the most “racially superior” bloodline.

This Apartheid State is so enormously powerful that it controls American foreign policy in the Middle East even as its princes and princesses bring their slaves to the United Kingdom and the United States.

That country is Saudi Arabia.

www.frontpagemag.com...

You know, one of these days, all of you ignorant, sheepish, followers, blindly defending the Western and Globalist Neofascist tactics, are going to have to WAKE UP, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH, AND OPEN YOUR MINDS.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Deny Arrogance makes a valid point here. I too concur regarding Israels less than ideal manner of dealing with the Palestinians (I am controlling my emotions here, as I wish would always happen in these threads). But...what about Saudi Arabia?...D.A is correct, there are far far dirtier fish to direct our ire at...yet its not in the papers so people choose not to bring it here to gnash their teeth at(mother always told me not to end a sentence with a preposition..damn it I just did!)

Yes in many ways Saudi Arabia is worst than Israel. But there are other things to consider like SA doesn't go around saying they are a Democracy and everyone is treated equally like Israel does. Israel has passed laws preventing people like Christians and Muslims from gaining a majority in government what sort of democracy would pass laws like that?

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Kerry is a bafoon.Israel is and Always been an aparthied state.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Yes in many ways Saudi Arabia is worst than Israel. But there are other things to consider like SA doesn't go around saying they are a Democracy and everyone is treated equally like Israel does. Israel has passed laws preventing people like Christians and Muslims from gaining a majority in government what sort of democracy would pass laws like that?

There are... Issues, with Israel,

that won't be addressed, as it goes to a larger cultural phenomenon.

Not to speak in generalities, but it is concerning SOME Jewish citizens views revolving around the goyam.

It is something that is a darker aspect of cultural, Akin to US race relations during civil rights.

You can see it, in people like the Clippers owners rant, where he even goes into detail about the "culture"

Keep in mind, this is coming from a Person who IS Christian, and Views the Jewish people as having a special place theologically.

That does not mean I can't be intellectually honest on the root causes, and horror that the Palestinian people face.

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
www.thedailybeast.com...

The secretary of state said that if Israel doesn’t make peace soon, it could become ‘an apartheid state,’ like the old South Africa. Jewish leaders are fuming over the comparison.

Kerry is an idiot as well as a day late and a pound short. Israel IS an apartheid state! The only difference between Israel and South Africa is the target group under oppression. And actually, South Africa was less apartheid than Israel, 30 ef'ing years ago. PW Botha started dismantling apartheid in 1986 and deKlerk finished the work around 1991/92.

Israel NEEDS to have sweeping sanctions, embargoes and have ALL of their foreign aid cut off. You don't feed a cancer unless you want it to get worse. Israel needs to get with the program their zionist masters are selling the rest of the world and stop being a segregated state that can demean anyone they feel like based on their colour, religion or the crap their book spouts about the rest of us being goyim to be used and abused at their pleasure.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 28 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
They way they treat Palestinians it seems it already is an apartheid state.

Off topic Kerry looks like Waldorf from Sesame Street.

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The way I see it, Kerry wanted to be the savior who brokered a peace deal, and sees his hopes crumbling and his first response is to blame the other parties. A peace deal has been elusive for a long, long time and lasting peace will not happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join