It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese strike for higher wages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Usually when you hear of news out of China its all rather depressing, but here are some good news for a change.

edition.cnn.com...

As the economy goes global so should the ties between workers so companies cant just shift production to some other hellhole (as long as the demands are reasonable).

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Merinda

Never underestimate greed.

There are still India and most of Africa to exploit for cheap labor.

Sad but true.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Don't be surprised if they decide to run the poor souls over with tanks because of this strike!

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I work for a Chinese owned company in the UK.

Just got back from Shanghai on business.

You can actually see the standard of living rising as the workers push for better salaries.

With McDonalds and Kentucky on every street corner the people want more money to treat their families to these treats. (Dont like either of them personally).

What we did notice was the younger generation in Shanghai are getting fatter and fatter thanks to the introduction of these fast (Crap) food outlets.

Who needs armies, just send in McDonalds to destroy a country

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Don't be surprised if they decide to run the poor souls over with tanks because of this strike!

Well I hope China is past that and I dont think we are at those levels anymore.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I certainly hope China is past that sort of thing also, i just won't be surprised if it does take place. Given the fact that they don't exactly have the best track record when it comes to human rights and freedom of speech, both of which play their part in any strike situation.

edit on 25-4-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join