It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird anomoly on accuweather or something more?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
www.accuweather.com...

Above Russia a weird red arch appears on accuweather. Is this an anomoly or does it represent some weird weather or energy signature?

I am not going to screen cap this so you need to be visiting my post at this time as it is posted.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: jessieg

www.intellicast.com...
I also see it on this map. There is definately an arch shape. This is NOT natural. Can anyone explain?

www.wunderground.com...

I can also see it on here too.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow, that is strange. It looks anomalous for sure.

I wouldn't doubt that someone will come on this post claiming it's HAARP, or such.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I make my living based on accurate weather forecasting. While unusual that is not unheard of. Little more than a strong pressure gradient.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Russia is weird o.O

Maybe a storm?
Aircraft?
Bomb?
Whatever?
edit on 24-4-2014 by Nemophilist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I do not see anything special, but it might just be me - could you post a screendump?

edit on 24-4-2014 by DupontDeux because: typo

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's an artifact produced by the image scan.
You can find a detailed explanation here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4/24/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if Russia is under HAARP attack now.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: jessieg

www.intellicast.com...
I also see it on this map. There is definately an arch shape. This is NOT natural. Can anyone explain?

www.wunderground.com...

Notice how it's following the contour of the edge of the radar coverage? It's a mosaic splice. There are others at the edges of the other radars as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: jessieg

www.intellicast.com...

www.wunderground.com...

Notice how it's following the contour of the edge of the radar coverage? It's a mosaic splice. There are others at the edges of the other radars as well.

I would tend to agree with you but this one is anomalous in that in looking at it right now this red arch shape is *only* in 2 places on opposite sides of the map - only on the top edge portions covering Russia. No where else.

That seems a little odd...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
I would tend to agree with you but this one is anomalous in that in looking at it right now this red arch shape is *only* in 2 places on opposite sides of the map - only on the top edge portions covering Russia. No where else.

That seems a little odd...

Not really. It's pretty common with mosaic radar maps. Look in the bottom edge - you'll see Moire patterns along a couple of boundaries as well.

What would be "odd" is a phenomenon that magically appeared right along the radar's boundary in a perfect semicircle that JUST HAPPENED to also be the edge of the return.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
It's an artifact produced by the image scan.
You can find a detailed explanation here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have read a lot of this guys post over the last year.

For once, a person who doesn't jump to stupid conclusions but rather finds a reasonable explanation of things.

Maybe others on here could learn a thing or two

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I see what you're talking about, but the deep red arch is only along the top of Russia....all of the other patterns are white/transparent.

Maybe because there is actually some sort of weather system or frontal edge in that area too combining with the Mosaic effect?

Or maybe that's what you meant by "What would be 'odd'..."

Looking at this map the edge of the front does seem to be semi-circled and it appears to be located at the edge of the return of the Accuweather map. www.intellicast.com...

What are the chances?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

A lot of times, image processing fails along the borders. Sometimes that's because the algorithm doesn't know what to do if it's smoothing out returns and that smoothing requires a block of pixels around the current one. If that pixel's on the edge, what do you do for the out-of-bounds ones that you DON'T have? You get this issue with a lot of 2-D filtering algorithms, and we used to run into it all the time doing radar processing designs.

Sometimes you double down on the current pixel, sometimes you choose a "reflection" pixel - instead of off the screen you get one back inside the boundary. But there's no good way to do it.

eta: another thing that can happen is if you've got a strongly bounded cold front coming in, you can refract the beam down to the ground at the edge of the radar coverage, and that will give you a "ring" along the cold front, as you're looking at the dirt instead of clouds.
edit on 24-4-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Weather warfare is the new flavour of the week.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The radar coverage ends their and this makes it look like it has the shape of an arch, but overall it is just "cut" at the line of radar coverage

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RadiationAndCancer

I wouldn't be surprised if Russia is under HAARP attack now. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would be since it is shut down.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If we start seeing bad storms and earthquakes hit Russia then we'll know. It does look odd but I'm not a meteorologist. I'm sure many will just think it's some sort of digital artifact or whatever.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Bedlam is a radar expert. Rather than speculate on the world ending events that may be possible, I like to listen to people who actually know what they are talking about.

top topics

join