It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First thunder this year came with a ...... THUNDER.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Today I witnessed the first thunder in my hometown this year and it was with a somewhat explosive BANG. Because the loudness and awkwardness of the sound I decided to inform you.

In the almost half a century I roam this planet I never heard such destinctive loud thunder. It was of such a weirdness that I had difficulty to choose in what forum to place this phenomenon. Was it Breaking Alternative News, Science and Technology, Space Exploration, Aliens and Ufo's or World War Three....I finaly decided to take the most sensible.

I wish I had the proper equipment to make a recording and present the sound to you... I am a firm believer of the chemtrail question and almost certain that this unheared of (pun intended) static discharge has something to do with all the increased levels of metals and what not 'they' sprayed into our atmosphere.

Would certainly appreciate it if you guys would report any 'out of this world' thunder this 2014 summer too.

Thx..

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I have heard may thunders in my life, nothing more deafening that the one that felt 20 feet from me while i was outdoor. are you sure it is special and not related to your proximity to it?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Actually, it makes sense to me, if we are suppose to be have more "intense" weather. Stronger storms, ect.

Just another cycle on this big blue ball.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
How close to you was the strike that produced the thunder? I've been very close to a lightning strike, and it was the loudest, most deafening, slamming on metal kind of boom/explosion sound I've ever heard in my life. Well, it did hit a metal sign, but the sign didn't have that much to do with the sound. Scared the crap out of me twice over, once for sound, the other because I was over ankle deep in water in a flooded parking lot.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I love stuff like that...just weird freak accidents of nature...

I just got back from a deployment overseas and I was in Georgia...Fort Stewart...walking around in the middle of the day...and out of no where I heard one of the loudest booms in my life...clear beautiful day out with sun shining and some clouds...being a little edgy I was ...I hit the ground assuming it was a bomb...turned out to be thunder in the middle of the day. Never seen anything like it. It may have felt louder just cause of the surprise factor but man it was exciting!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Good question...I can be short about that one...Answer: no.

This is not the first time I noticed that something has changed with the 'natural' thunder. I started a thread last year about it to... I think.. Let me see if I can find it..one moment please...one moment more please...

This thread on the same subject I did start in 2011. The experiance of hearing this latest thunder makes it feel different again.

To be sure it is not my imagination I would appreciate it if ATS members will report simular thunder experiances. No flags, no stars and no replies will ....uhh....make me buy the proper equipment...ha,haaaa.. No but..I am dead serious about this.

edit on 24/4/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I love thunder.
In my parents old house (it was 120 years old or something like that), it used to shake when the thunder claps were directly overhead.
I moved to a place with not a lot of lightning storms, its kind of sad because i love them

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
There was a thunderstorm where I live last year like I had never heard before. The lightning was striking rather far away but it sounded like cannons or bombs being dropped outside my house... not a loud rumble of thunder, but an explosion!

Turns out it was something called "positive-strike lightning", where instead of the clouds being negatively charged and the ground positive (negative-strike - accounts for ~90% of all lightning strikes), the charges are reversed and the clouds are positive while the ground is negative. Apparently it makes for some really scary sounding thunder.

I have also had regular, negative-strike lightning strike within 20-30ft from me before, and it is very loud, but it sounds nothing like positive-strike lightning.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I have heard may thunders in my life, nothing more deafening that the one that felt 20 feet from me while i was outdoor. are you sure it is special and not related to your proximity to it?
exactly what I was going to say. In my 57 years roaming this planet only once was I within walking range for where lightning struck and wow was it loud. It killed a pine tree in my yard right off and the one next to it died a year or two later. Maybe the lightning fried the roots of the tree next to the one it actually hit. It was certainly the loudest thunder I ever heard and we also heard the electric sizzle of the lightning and the thunder shook the house.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Me too. Isn't that funny. I just love a good storm. I was never afraid even when I was young. a reply to: AzureSky

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Are you saying it's unnatural thunder? Isn't all thunder natural. Isn't weather natural? a reply to: zatara

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Every thunderstrike is different cause there are many factors involving like distance and size and stuff, some thunder strike crackels others punch you in the stomach and can be deaffening, but the sound is allways based of how far away you are from the strike, if it strikes on top of you it will be a one loud bang but the further away it gets the more of the other sounds a strike makes can be heard.

That is why you hear the terms rolling thunder or crackling thunder, as a strike can be one bolt or several that stretches out in the clouds.

"Chemtrails" making thunder sound different, well, i don't think so

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

I totally agree with your statement! I Heard the loudest bang ever las summer when lighning struck a transformer right accross the street from my house (30-40 feet) My 7 yo son (at the time) and I were playing in front of the OPENED patio door when it hit....Needless to say we jumped like hell and the poorkid cried for 15 minutes or so.....Never heard anything like it before nor since then.

It was around 17h00 and it was still a blinding light....

new topics

top topics

join