It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The holy grail of Lion Spain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Report it to the mods and let them do the modding

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit
This may be a smidge off-topic, but I think ATS should have a forum, not unlike the Hoax forum, to where threads like this can me immediately moved when the first page becomes an opposing-beliefs pissing match. Call the forum "pissing matches" and get these threads out of the way of the civil discourse that SHOULD be occurring here.

Under "About ATS":

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics"

de·bate
2. To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.

Although the OP was caught a little off guard and slightly flustered by my posting, I think it was reasonably civil.

------
To the topic itself, from the OP:

Before you claim Indiana Jones said a carpenter had to use a wooden coop, the researchers had that cover by claiming the current Jewish laws of the Passover at the time would not allow the use of porous materials in the celebration

Thanks for bringing that up. It causes me to wonder about what possessions Jesus may have possibly had throughout his life, considering he was claimed to have worked and to have received gifts. Of course none would be magical per se, but I am still curious.

Those are just under the presumption the story has any physical reality to it.
However there is simply no way to actually find out for sure.
Interesting to ponder though.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
how can we be sure any of this is true? it is said there are enough pieces of the cross to build a forest. holy relics was almost a business in ancient times. and were considered important, and thus add importance to churches, abbeys, and such. having these "artifacts" made money as pilgrims would travel to see them, pray at them for healing, protection, success, and the like. a piece of such and such saint and whatnot, i would think that many if not most of these relics are counterfeit. what makes this real? the scrolls and the journey could all just be an elaborate hoax to gain the help the Caliph needed. it could all be just one big scam.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: generik

Would Ferdinand not know if they were giving him a counterfeit and keep the original in Jerusalem?

Would they remove the one in Jerusalem and hide it? according to the scroll they had to use a Christian to carry the grail to avoid unrest of the Christians in Jerusalem

The scrolls are originals of the time, i think they did C14 i have to check again, would they fake some scroll not meant to be seen by common people at the time?

This grail was never promoted as a pilgrim piece, it is known as the Chalice of Doña Urraca

Carbon dating suggests the chalice was made between 200 BC and 100 AD

Chalice of Doña Urraca

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread, it's an interesting read. When I think about the grail, I try to put myself in the shoes of the people of the time. At that time in history surrounding Jesus' death, why would people claim things like the last cup he used? Why not anything else? Why not the last plate he used? The chair he sat in? His sandals?

Not trying to discredit anything, just an honest question.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join