It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will racism die?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
As someone who's racially mixed it's going to be a while till people just get over the fact that another is black or white.
Or eventually everyone's going to be so racially mixed it won't matter.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Never. Racism will always exist.

Will we always be so worked up about it? I don't know.

One thing's for sure, Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey and the scores of wealthy black athletes in this country prove one thing; white Americans are so racist, the US is so racist. Until every minority in this country is a multimillionaire, all us lucky whites should be ashamed of our worthless racist selves.
edit on 23-4-2014 by hammanderr because: Reply to op

edit on 23-4-2014 by hammanderr because: Punctuation

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

When people stop looking at each other in terms of color, race or creed. Having love for all is a very difficult premise without racism being included, but it will take/and it takes a major catastrophe for people to do this. So, the answer to your question unfortunately is when it will be to late for a great deal of this population...it will be after a major catastrophe. Question is...will it stay that way?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Racism or more especially "hatred of brown people" will die once people realize that not nature but nurture is the cause of crime/poverty.

Case in point: North Korea and South Korea are both the same "race", but one side is poor the other rich.

Thats enough proof that "race" has NOTHING to do with "it".

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
When we are driven underground by an uninhabitable surface, after a few hundred years, people will all be blind, so they will not be able to tell one race from another.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

How long? Probably until all humans are the same race or there are no more humans and if it's the former as you said, it'll just be another reason to put each other down - gender, wealth, religion, style, education, etc. My personal opinion is that most humans are born with the tendency to be a jerk.

Example: give two kids one toy - they're probably not going to share and pretty soon they're bashing each other over the head. A little bit later in school they'll make fun of anyone that doesn't fit a certain mold of accepted mediocrity - too fat, too skinny, not smart, too smart, too ugly, too shy. When they reach adulthood - add wealth, religion, & politics. Humans don't play well with each other and all of the wonderful things that they're capable of, like kindness, generosity, sharing, are mostly things that need to be taught to them. Very few have empathy and understanding right out of the gate, and they generally have a tough time because they aren't the norm. We all know how that goes, people fear and hate what they don't understand or what's different from them.

Kind of the only way to be better humans is to be somewhat less human by getting past all of those undesirable human natural traits of greed, envy, power hunger. It's not going to happen anytime soon, given that being a jerk these days is celebrated by the media & even in the workplace. How many times has being a greedy, loud-mouthed, egotistical, narcissist led to those people being declared "confident", a "go-getter", a "leader" - in politics, reality shows, and in the workplace? We're a culture that celebrates being mean to each other on so many levels. Those with humility, generosity, kindness are considered weak & gullible.

Ok, sorry, I've had my rant but in short I don't think we'll ever not have something over which to dislike each other, even if racism could be conquered.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The only plausible way to ever get along is what Mr. Ronald Reagan once said! And how appropriate for the ATS forum-

"... when you stop to think that we're all God's children, wherever we may live in the world, I couldn't help but say to him, just think how easy his task and mine might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species from another planet outside in the universe. We'd forget all the little local differences that we have between our countries and we would find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this earth together"

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Racism will die, not when people become educated enough to realise that they share genes from all over the planet, but when they become aware that it does not MATTER how much of our fellow man we carry in our blood. What matters is, that no one of us has the right to judge another person based on generalisations and misinformation.

It is not human nature to pick a side, it is INHUMAN nature. That is the problem. When we realise as a whole species, that we are all one, that no matter what divides us, our intrinsic needs are the same, food, water, heat, shelter, that is the focus which could, if people would only take it up en masse, prevent xenophobia.

Of course, it is true that xenophobic thought from a nation which by its very founding is a hybrid of many others, is utterly ridiculous, and even more so than the same rhetoric being used from any other nation. Racism in the US, is somewhat akin to people declaring that they hate their own hind quarters, which is also a stupid pronouncement to make.

It will only end by one of two routes. Either, those who hold extremist views will find themselves unable to fool themselves any longer, or the power of their hatred will inflate them to the point where they act on it in such a way as to bring such a vengeance down upon themselves, that they no longer concern mortal man.

Hope for the best, and prepare for the worst. It is always a good motto, but particularly applicable with regard to the matters discussed in this thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
wait til we meet aliens!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: urbanghost

You failed to address the main point.

Please explain how exactly religion creates racism. Until you do, I suspect you're just using your dislike to fuel a desire to draw a false equivalency.

I could just as easily claim that nations create racism because they create divided groups or that sports teams create racism using the same rationale.

I think you need to read my posts again. I did explain it and in my second post.
edit on 24-4-2014 by urbanghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: beezzer
Almost as bad as the poster who said religion was racist.

Where in the words "Racism will only stop when there is no more religion" does it say these things you claim? It doesn't, what you are doing is changing what was said to fit into what you want to say.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Even if the ancient/old racist will die, they do unfortunately teach those same racist stereotyping judgements to their children so it will take just a lil longer than we would hope.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Oprah thinks that racism will die when all the old white people die because only old white people are racist.

I don't think racism will ever die. I believe it is nature and will always be this way. Race relations are the worst I've ever seen them. I also don't think it has anything to do with being rich or poor, either.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao
wait til we meet aliens!

I keep hearing this but it will change nothing. Many races fight on the same teams in war but racism is still right there. As long as there's different races there will be racism.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

There is now 5 different categories, 3 is an outdated category created by lazy researchers.

Who knows how many will come out later on.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueyezblkdragon
As someone who's racially mixed it's going to be a while till people just get over the fact that another is black or white.
Or eventually everyone's going to be so racially mixed it won't matter.

Not many are racially mixed after thousands of years, so, why would they be in thousands more? There will always be different races. Always. Many people stick with their own, for whatever reason.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
As long as there are people of different colors, from different countries, different sexes.......
Basically as long as there are people. There are many who just HAVE to have someone to look down on, so they can feel better about themselves.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Because we mix far more then ever before In history. Mostly because with technology and modern travel getting easier and easier.

Plus it's no longer socially taboo so with melting pots like America it's only a matter of time before the mixed populations outnumber the "pure breeds". Not that there are very many pure breeds anyway.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

When will racism die?

When we stop categorizing by race. When we stop using race.

Then profiling by race has to end too. And that's in both Private and Government institutions and in communities.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I understand what your point is, but it still is taboo for many races, not just white folk. Most white people do not mix with other races(there is a statistic on this but I don't remember where and don't have time to find it). Same with most Black folk, Chinese folk, etc., etc..

Travel will change nothing. Arabs and Africans have lived side by side for a long time, and yet, their races remain. Same with all races. There will always be predominately that race. Just my opinion

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join