It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You're dead," Minnesota Homeowner Told Teen Burglar

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: strangerthan
It was stupid of me to ask really. It's not like I can prove that I was burgled, and have things stolen and broken. Well, I could, but I would have to divulge my identity in the process, something I am not willing to do. Why should I expect others to do it if I wouldn't? I can prove who I am, I can prove a lot of things, but I choose to hide behind my painting of gizmo instead of put a real picture up. That makes me a hypocrite supreme. Maybe one day I will put my real picture up, who knows. Until then, I should remember to not ask of others, what I would not do myself.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

Wow, that's really big of you and I commend that. Honestly, I don't know much about Byron's personal life.... I know among the german techno there was some old Dr. Demento tapes in there as well. I know what it is to be fearful of people and the want to defend your home, and the kill or be killed mentality. My family is worth dying for and I will protect them at all costs. Byron was that "loner" type. Who knows exactly how the media will spin this. I've had no contact with him since 2004 but I know what I remember of him. I have no fear. I love life and there is something better than all this I believe. There are psycho paths in all walks of life and he chose the path of fear instead. Trust me, I know this site can lead to paranoia. If I go missing... then I apparently said too much. LOL!

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: strangerthan
Hello, I just joined for this thread alone, a lurker since 2009... I worked for the alleged. He was a strange dude.

I used to drive thru Little Falls on the way to Camp Ripley for guard duty every other weekend so it hits close to home for me as well.
Surprising how it happened in such a small "peaceful town"

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: strangerthan
I am also the lone wolf type I guess. There are few that really know me, here is really the most open I get besides talking to a few select people. Here, I get to think about things more, and when I make an idiot out of myself there is the edit function. In real life, most people look at you funny when you take time to think about what you are going to say. When I had my legal battle, people said all kinds of things about me, a lot of them untrue, or things taken out of context to make me look bad. Having your life under public scrutiny like a freak in a cage is not something I recommend. I may be a weirdo, but I don't go looking for trouble. When trouble comes looking for me, I feel sorry for the fool. That is how I feel for the guy here, he wasn't looking for trouble, trouble found him in his own home. I can relate to that more than I can relate to people wanting to break into other's homes.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: vor78
I haven't read the entire thread, but speaking for myself, I have mixed feelings about this. I do think he went beyond the level of force that one could consider reasonable under the circumstances. Not because he shot two burglars. No, but because he killed them after it was pretty clear that they were already incapacitated. To me, that's not right, and I don't think a jury will view it so, either.

On the other hand, I can sympathize with the old guy a little bit. It sounds like he'd been victimized a number of times and had finally had enough. I don't have a problem with the fact that he waited for them, or 'set them up', nor would I consider it premeditated murder. Hell, its HIS HOUSE. The two burglars had absolutely no right to be where they were, and generally speaking, I think a homeowner has a right to use lethal force in the event of a home invasion to protect himself and his family. The problem here, is that he did that, but then he took it a step further by killing them after they were apparently incapacitated.

Based upon what we know, I would have to grudgingly vote 'guilty'. Although I have absolutely no sympathy for them, killing them appears to have been unnecessary.

i would have shot them and dragged them outside, if anything.

called the cops to pick them up.

the old bastard knew they were kids.

no sympathy for him at all.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
It wasn't murder.

Free him.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: formality

it was murder, I bet he left bait like a bottle of rum in plain sight while he waited with his gun,

Those who say he was justified are, your nuts, typical usa, if I were to leave several $20 bill trailing onto my property then shot the first to pick up a $20 on my property, would, should i be charged? yes I would say so, same here, the old fart needs to be put away for the rest of his lonely life.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: wissy

He was not baiting. They ALREADY wanted his stuff as evidenced by multiple break ins. And the police wouldn't do anything so what he can do really to eliminate the threat?

He is a old man and is in fear for his life (his house was broken in many times and his guns stolen and the police wouldn't do anything). It sounds like a symptom of PTSD. And since he is old, there is a possibility he is kinda senile, or as a poster said, a few marbles rolling around that have been pushed little too many times that they rattle.

I would go for involuntary manslaughter, not guilty by reason of mental defect, or just let him go.
edit on 4/26/2014 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The guy shot two parasites and rid society of two future convicts. Give him a frakking medal.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
The guy shot two parasites and rid society of two future convicts. Give him a frakking medal.

They will, with a number and an all expense paid vacation.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
These two "people" are not worth the tears shed over them. They were scum.

(post by DerbyGawker removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: wissy

What was he supposed to do? Live in fear for his life? No! The people that broke in to his house were the criminals, this man was the victim. Had they not broke in to his home they would still be alive.

It's his home, he can leave his stuff wherever he wants to.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
It's his home, he can leave his stuff wherever he wants to.

This doesn't even make sense, it's a rebuttal to a non-existent argument.

Try reading the news and you'll see he executed them, which makes him the criminal.
edit on 26-4-2014 by DerbyGawker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DerbyGawker

Lol, ok.

So he didn't have his home repeatedly broken in to?

Court documents from another case show Brady had burglarized Smith's property at least twice in the months before he was killed.
OP Source

Hmmmm..

Also, was in response to this:

it was murder, I bet he left bait like a bottle of rum in plain sight while he waited with his gun,

So yes, it makes sense and yes it's a valid opinion even if it doesn't agree with yours

edit on 26-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: Added quote

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

It doesn't matter if his home was repeatedly broken into. He executed two people outside of the protections of use of force, then failed to follow the law regarding his obligation to render aid. This makes him a murderer.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

So he didn't have his home repeatedly broken in to?

Hard to say. Maybe but really only one break in was reported.

The thing is that it looks like he set a trap. People may not have a problem with that but it is against the law.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DerbyGawker

Well, I believe people have the right to defend their homes. Period.

You can say my argument doesn't make sense, that's fine. It makes perfect sense to me. If they didn't break in to his home they would still be alive. They put themselves in to this situation did they not? Had they not broken in to his home they'd be alive. It may have been excessive, but he's got the right to defend his home.

a reply to: daskakik
It isn't hard to say its in court records

Court documents from another case show Brady had burglarized Smith's property at least twice in the months before he was killed.
OP source
So it isn't against the law to break in to someone's home and steal their stuff and cause PTSD and other forms of anxiety?
Let's cater to the criminals.
edit on 26-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: added reply

edit on 26-4-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: added quote from article

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It isn't hard to say its in court records

Actually that seems to be a bit of circumstantial evidence from a different case that involved someone that had worked for Smith.

So it isn't against the law to break in to someone's home and steal their stuff and cause PTSD and other forms of anxiety?
Let's cater to the criminals.

I have yet to see anyone say that it isn't illegal.

The law also establishes what actions taken by the homeowner are legal and illegal.

posted on Apr, 26 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I don't believe it matters whether or not your belief makes sense to you, or in general. No one has a legal right to use deadly force to defend property, only life and once the necessity to use deadly force is neutralized, they no longer have a legal right to use it which is what this man did. After his use of force justification was neutralized, he executed the two individuals, after having failed to render aid which he has a legal obligation to do.

One criminal act does not excuse another.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43 >>

join