It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tech meltdown cripples deportation cases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It seems a bunch of computer problems have stalled some important deportation cases.

Looks like a few illegal immigrants actually got temporarily released on top of it.

With all the political controversy surrounding the entire issue, this obvious debacle makes people wonder just how much of these "problems" are intentional ?

Looks like the jealous Executive Branch of government is at it again.

A computer meltdown is crippling the nation’s immigration courts — creating an overwhelming backlog of deportation cases, The Post has learned.

The problem began April 12, when five servers that help power a nationwide computer network failed and shut down the entire system, an insider at the Department of Homeland Security’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement revealed.

Without access to the electronic records, court proceedings have slowed to a crawl and officials are resorting to old-fashioned methods — including paper, pens and cassette recorders — to keep track of cases.

Tech meltdown cripples deportation cases

Hmmm.

Very *Convenient* indeed

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen Computer meltdown ..sure ,yea ok ...I think when the shtf they are going to need every available body to hide behind from the Americans ....

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wait... What?

Ok, here is the part of the tale that really makes my mind do backflips. The DHS, arguably one of the more rabid sections of the security services in the states, has a computer system which stores and sorts it's data on immigration matters. Makes sense to me so far.

But the system crashes, and data will have been lost, or be unavailable when court dates are set to be happening, and so on and so forth. The bit that scrambles my processors, is that surely such an important system warrants built in redundancies, back up drives which auto update, and can be accessed in place of the main system, to allow data to be worked with and viewed, even when the crap is hitting the fan? Surely this is the type of information which is crucial enough to warrant proper fail safe measures being taken to ensure its availability?

Perhaps the DHS and ICE should spend a little more on their servers, and a little less on ammunition? I believe they were in the news as having purchased significant tonnages of ammo in recent times, not one round of which will help them if they cannot find any of the people they are looking to apprehend and deport!

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Makes everybody wonder.

I say it's all part of the plan.

Immigration reform is a hot topic right now.

And elections are in November.

That's the whole point of this "crash".

There's actually nothing wrong with the computer systems in question.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What!? You mean we are unable to deport kick those illegal immigrants out of the country in a fast and efficient manner? .....damn you Obama...

We need to speed up this killing of the American dream.

/sarcasm.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Who don't you guys want here specifically?
I have heard what other folks have said but I want to know who it is specifically that you guys dont want here. (America)
Not too worried about foreign opinions.
edit on 23-4-2014 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

top topics

join