It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Men Director Bryan Singer Accused of Abusing Teenage Boy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

He may have chosen this time purposely, to garner more attention, but there is still the facts that they scout for young underage men they call Twinkies.

There are some pictures on line but I aint going to post them, there is one with is twin lovers from Hawaii, his drug pool parties are apparently no secret, and the guy who recently came to his defense became his friend when he was 17, so it only makes me wonder about he and ian mckellen

edit on 013030p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 013030p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Like I said, I have no trouble whatsoever believing that it happens. In fact I'd be surprised if it DIDN'T happen. I just have issues with this particular case.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
We'll see, I suppose, how this case turns out. I'm sure that there will be evidence proffered by both sides and, ultimately, it's up the courts who will be privy to the full information of the case to decide whether or not the abuse took place or not. It's hard to judge when you're essentially standing on the street corner outside of the court room.

Overall, though, in terms of Hollywood and the fairly heavy accusations by former child stars being made of pedophilia rings and introduction of drugs, I find it terribly disturbing and have for years. The Feldman article really has some tones of deep truth. Much of what he says, especially the self blame and guilt, are consistent with boys who have been sexually abused. How many child stars actually make it through the Hollywood meat grinder okay? Not many from the looks of it. How many of these children, of both genders, become hypersexualized? Seems like a fair number with both Lindsay Lohan and Miley Cyrus being the two largest cases in point at this time. Shia LeBeouf would be another.

Why is this culture actually protected? If it looks like a dog, smells like a dog and barks like a dog, why is that it is allowed to continue? Wealth and power should not place anyone above the law and, while I can comprehend that many of these kids who may have been exposed to spurious things may feel like they must comply to obtain their dreams, we, as adults, should be crushing the individuals perpetrating these things with the full force of the law. Children need and deserve our protection. Period.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think that being wealthy and looked up to by ordinary people lends itself to breeding a culture of debauchery. Normal, every day things you and I enjoy start to seem boring to the wealthy and powerful.

The article I read said that this director would promise the moon to these young guys (get them an acting gig) just to dump them a a week later and do it all over again.

Apparently his pool parties are well known.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That's my thought as well and I think it may actually be a fairly common issue within any position of inordinate power and wealth. While the priests within the Catholic church were not personally wealthy, they were protected by an entity that exuded incredible power and what occurred there? Pedophilia. In the UK, Jimmy Savile and his cronies--pedophilia. Additionally there's been accusations of pedophilia amongst UK public officials and within other governments around the world. However, when it comes to the states, the subject seems to be relegated to creepy low to middle class dudes trawling websites and elementary schools. That is a pretty asynchronous view.

I found Feldman's mention of Helm's perception that it was "normal" for an older male to take a young boy as a lover to be incredibly interesting. It seems to harken the concept under pederasty most commonly associated with ideas in Ancient Greece. Pederasty was basically a relationship between an older male (as a mentor) and a young boy (as a student), which may or may not have involved sex. Considering the declared age of Haim in making that statement, I'd find it really surprising that a 14 year old boy headlong in a career path of acting and drugs would be aware of this "old practice" that we now know as pedophilia and harmful to the youth.

As strange as it sounds, I think that a lot of the weird accusations that sometimes get levied against the rich and powerful may actually strike a chord of truth. What greater novelty would there to be than to behave like those "learned men of old" or even in ritualistic behaviors to recast something as debased as being something empowering or meaningful. I can really see that possibility existing and it would be so far from our normal every day existence that it would immediately seem like mere bizarre, self immolating fantasy on behalf of the accusers. Kind of like a built in plausible deniability.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Liberace comes to mind.

I think it is rampant.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: JonButtonIII

Not really. Because he would have been noticed if he was gone for 24 hours. And that would blow his alibi out of the water.

I'm always suspicious of these claims that happen right before a huge movie opens that's expected to be the blockbuster of the year.

The timing of this law suit just reeks in my opinion. That doesn't even get into the technical folly of Singer sneaking away from a movie set in Toronto for sexual trysts. Anyone that's ever been to Toronto can assure people that you don't have to fly all the way to Hawaii to get your groove on with some minors. If he took a direct flight from Toronto its 11 hours of flight time each way. With a layover in Vancouver you add on 2 more hours so its a minimum of 22 to 26 hours round trip and that's without leaving the airport. The logistics of such a venture are in defiance of logic. Is it possible, sure. But I agree that it is a highly unlikely scenario when factoring in times and alibis. It seems like a massive waste of time and money to engage in activities that are just as easy to engage in while in Toronto.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
variety.com...

new names, I don't know who these people are

variety.com...#

Amy Berg has a pretty good track record.

Documentary on sex abuse in hollywood
edit on 043030p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 043030p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
www.tmz.com... FBI documents

FBI documents

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

Why is this culture actually protected? If it looks like a dog, smells like a dog and barks like a dog, why is that it is allowed to continue? Wealth and power should not place anyone above the law and, while I can comprehend that many of these kids who may have been exposed to spurious things may feel like they must comply to obtain their dreams, we, as adults, should be crushing the individuals perpetrating these things with the full force of the law. Children need and deserve our protection. Period.

Children indeed deserve our protection, and I believe this begins at home. Where were this young mans parents when he was 15 years old, attending drug filled naked pool parties? His mother was certainly with him today during the new announcement naming 3 additional suits. As far as timing, is it a coincidence that he has been working with another director on a documentary about Hollywood abuse for two years? Any publicity is good publicity they say (link below).

No matter what the belief system, sexual preference, race, religion, etc., it should be quite clear that a 15 year old has no place showing up to some mansion in the hills or shack near the dump to party with people unknown to the families. It seems that many of the these parents are willing to sacrifice their children if the chance of stardom, money, and a management position could be theirs, and are just as bad as the alleged perps in some cases.

Think for a moment about all those wannabe actors that fail to make it after decades in the business. I would gather that many know exactly what it is all about, and still hope to live a career through their own children, teaching them to "do what it takes".

I just could not imagine this happening to any of my children. It certainly would not happen repeatedly. My children (all 5) deserve and have my protection, and will forever. More importantly, they have guidance from their parents, our friends, and community. We carefully choose the latter two, and teach our children to be confident and cautious.

Link to latest announcement from this afternoon:
variety.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Arktos1
I was about your children's age when I was assaulted by a neighbor several times, I never told anyone until I was thirty, the sense of shame is overwhelming, and it ruined my life on so many levels.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Arktos1

Agreed on many counts. I think the issue is that we oftentimes have this concept that parents do always do what is best for their children. On the contrary, there is ample evidence to the contrary of truly horrific and scummy parents of every stripe around the world, including in the US. My eldest was a really very cute and photogenic little kid and I was approached a few times about getting him involved in modeling as a toddler. While there was the briefest of moments that I considered it for the purpose of stashing the money away for his college, it was very, very brief as I was also fully aware of what I could be just subjecting my child to just through the "normal" side of the industry. Take a parent who lacks that kind of foresight, knowledge, awareness, or even instead desires to profit off of their child and it doesn't take much to shift that "no" to a "yes".

I have very strong opinions about child actors and models. Maybe I'm a little whack but I firmly believe that the number one job of children is to be children--not models or actors. These children didn't have a proper childhood from the start and that lands squarely on their parents' shoulders. If their parents failed in acknowledging the importance of being a child, then in what other ways may they fail the child? Crappy parents are why we do have laws in regards to the treatment of children. It's not just people outside of the families that do wrong. The issues often emanate from within the home that leaves the children vulnerable to those outside forces. I'm the same way with my kids. Woe unto s/he that dares injure either of mine or any child in my presence for that matter.

That Variety article does throw a bit more information into the pool. Also of interest is the Amy Berg documentary that I spotted in your article: variety.com...#

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Also interesting--Roman Polanski was a case where a film maker was sought out for sex abuse charges back in the 70's and fled the country. Interestingly written article on the subject. Basically, the US tried to get him extradited to the US to face the charges but now those charges may be dropped despite his guilty plea.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Look to DC and the brown nosing done with the political class, and I think you have your answers.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Look to DC and the brown nosing done with the political class, and I think you have your answers.

Mhmm. I do not doubt it much at all. After all, everybody believes that their friends can do no wrong, right? Look at how Sandusky was defended by a variety of individuals.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

aint that the truth

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well this is growing....

Monday's lawsuits were filed in federal court in Hawaii against former Fox television executive Garth Ancier, theater producer Gary Wayne Goddard, and David A. Neuman, a former television executive with Current TV and Disney. Ancier and Goddard did not respond to phone and email messages seeking comment.

Egan claims he was lured into a sex ring run by a former digital entertainment company executive, Marc Collins-Rector, with promises of auditions for acting, modeling and commercial jobs. He was put on the company's payroll as an actor and forced to have sex with adult men at parties within Hollywood's entertainment industry, the lawsuit said.

Collins-Rector pleaded guilty in 2004 to transporting five minors across state lines to have sex.
Source: AP Wire

Hmmm.... So one of the people accused in this DOES have a record confirming something happened. Some of this goes back to 1999 tho? It also noted in that story, it's being filed in Hawaii because Hawaii has different allowances for the Statute of Limitations on civil cases.

This is starting to smell a little weird. Why drop one name first, then dump a bunch? Why not start with the best evidence. This will be one to watch I suppose.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Well, I guess you can look at it this way - How many people know this new round of names? Everyone knows who Singer is.

If they had gone the other way around and then dropped in Singer, wouldn't we now be saying, "So, no one cared about their suit so they had to add a big name to get publicity?"

I think people would be wanting to be skeptical no matter how they did this. It's like the Penn State case, and there are still lots of people who complain about that one. Something clearly went on there and it was clearly swept under the rug at various levels so that the team could keep winning on Saturday.

I think this has the potential to be very similar with the same amounts and types of controversy attached to it, but at the same time, it's been known for a while that things happen to young people in Hollywood, both from Corey Feldman and from rumors of what goes on at Disney Studios to their child actor stable. And can you deny that Disney child stars have had more than their fair share of meltdowns?

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
OH my, this is bad very bad, worse than anyone could imagine, someone started dropping names on another forum, some one that seemed to know what they were talking about I started googling the names, this goes right to our government.

My guess is nothing will come of it, to many players in high places, the powerful men, the big money, my god these people should be terrified.

posted on Apr, 21 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If she went to the FBI and all the people she said she tried to get to help her and pay attention to her and no one helped I can see why no one would help.

They are either involved, they know, and they are scared, or paid off.

What kind of world am I living in?
edit on 103030p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join