It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NZ Prime Minister John Key defends drone strike on New Zealander and considers it 'legitimate'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
america.aljazeera.com...

He added that drone strikes by the United States were justified in some circumstances.
"I think they are legitimate, at certain times, where countries are trying to contend with very dangerous situations and they are trying to deal with those terrorists without putting their own people in harm's way," he said.
Key said he thought the November strike was such a justified occasion: "I suspect so, yes, given that three of the people killed were well-known Al-Qaeda operatives."

Key said it took some time to positively identify the New Zealander using DNA samples. He said officials wouldn't be naming the man, but that he was known as "Muslim bin John." Key said he understands that bin John, who was also an Australian national, was buried in Yemen.

He said bin John had been the subject of a New Zealand intelligence warrant, a document that authorizes agencies to spy on an individual.

"I think all that shows is the things that I have been saying for quite some time — that we need our intelligence agencies to track our people, that there are New Zealanders who go and put themselves in harm's way — have all been proven to be correct," Key said.

The fact that our Prime Minster defends this unjust assassination of a "Suspected terrorists" and is using it as a justification for warrant less spying on New Zealanders just has me baffled. I guess he's just backing up his mates, it's no secret John Key use to be a Wall St banker before he became Prime Minister and at times goes Golfing with Obama.

edit on 19-4-2014 by Sphinxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

"Suspected terrorists"

Guilty until proven innocent?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Exactly.

U.S. drone strikes against suspected “terrorists” have been slammed by rights groups because they don't allow for a trial and can kill innocent bystanders. Al Jazeera reported in March that friends and family of U.S. drone-strike victims in Yemen launched a union with the help of the London-based legal charity Reprieve to represent affected communities.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Our subservient Australian prime minister did'nt even comment on it and of course the media did the right thing and did'nt ask him to comment either.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
What could possibly go wrong with just out and out trusting they are
killing the right people, im sure they double double check the targets
Facebook before approving the strike.

My problem with this entire debacle is that there is no true oversight
to this, no way of anyone knowing if some angry person is just having
their enemies snuffed out.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sphinxxx

That the Prime Minister would go golfing with the globalist thug in the White House tells me all I need to know about his judgment, smarts and perceptiveness.

Dreadful.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
At least here in the states they will knock on your door and then shoot you.

Messed up politics.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Good riddance

top topics

join